Table of Contents
The Vortex Ranger 1800 is a powerful range finder that is constructed from durable materials. This unit comes with fully multi-coated lenses which are anti-reflective which also allow for brighter views.
The compact design allows you to carry it for long distances and takes up less storage space. It has a rugged construction that can withstand impact.
This lightweight range finder can be used in any weather condition, as it is waterproof.
What are the Best Features of the Vortex Rangefinder 1800?
Here are some of the outstanding features:
- HCD angle-compensated ranging technology
- Intuitive Display
Let’s look at the specifications, best use cases, features, pros, and cons of the Vortex Rangefinder 1500.
Vortex Rangefinder 1800 Review
|Range Reflective (yards): 9-1500 yards
Range Deer (yards): 9-750 yards
Accuracy: +/- 3 yards @ 1000 yards
Max Angle Reading: +/- 60 degrees
Objective Lens Diameter: 22 mm
Linear Field of View: 315 feet/1000 yards
Angular Field of View: 6 degrees
Eye Relief: 17 mm
Operating Temperature: 14°-131°F
Length: 3.9 inches
Width: 3 inches
Weight: 7.7 oz
Most Outstanding Feature of Vortex Rangefinder 1800
The most outstanding feature of the Vortex Rangefinder 1800 is the HCD (Horizontal Component Distance) angle-compensated ranging technology. It uses it to give bow and rifle shooters the critical distance data needed to deliver accurate shots
Additionally, it includes a Line of Sight mode that displays the actual line of sight range. This makes it a great tool to hone your shooting skills over long distances.
Best Use Cases
The Vortex Rangefinder 1800 is specifically designed for hunters or shooters to calculate the actual range to get the best shot.
It includes an O-ring seal that prevents water and debris from penetrating. This allows you to use it in any climatic condition.
Vortex Rangefinder 1500 Review (Detailed Review)
The Vortex Rangefinder 1800 is made from high-quality materials that ensure its longevity. It includes a highly intuitive screen that is very easy to use. It includes three brightness settings for the LED display.
This unit can range out to a maximum of 1,800 yards on highly reflective targets. This is a high-powered and high-performing rangefinder that you should have.
It includes two ranging modes to provide you with accurate results. The HCD (Horizontal Component Distance) displays the distance to the target, considering angles.
The second mode is the LOS (line of sight) mode, which is a direct line to your target. This mode is specifically designed for more advanced shooters using external ballistics.
- It includes three levels of LED brightness that are user selectable.
- It includes rubber on the exterior to provide you with a secure, non-slip grip.
- It can display units of measure in either meters or yards.
- It makes it easy to find reflective targets even over 850 yards.
- It includes a VIP warranty that lasts for a lifetime.
- Ranging non-reflective targets proved difficult at greater levels of yardage
Here are some of the features of the Vortex Range Finder 1800:
- It has a rugged design that is built to handle extreme situations
- It includes a diopter that allows you to adjust the differences in a user’s eyes
- It includes an intuitive display that is easy to use, even for beginners
- It includes Horizontal Component Distance (HCD) mode for angle compensation ranging
- It includes Line of Sight (LOS) mode displays actual line of sight range
- It displays continual distance readings when panning across a landscape or tracking a moving animal
- It includes O-ring seals that prevent moisture, dust, and debris from penetrating inside
- It includes a rubber armor that provides a secure, non-slip grip
- It includes a VIP warranty that ensures it is fixed or replaced when it is damaged
The Vortex Range Finder 1800 is an excellent scope that is built from durable materials. The optics are fully multi-coated lenses, which will deliver maximum light transmission and easy viewing in varying light conditions.
We recommend it, as it is lightweight allowing you to transport it over long distances. When not in use, you can hang around your neck using the included lanyard or use the adjustable utility clip that works on a belt, pocket, or other flat-edged surfaces.