Do you own a .410-bore shotgun for hunting small game or skeet shooting? if you would like to buy the best 410 reloader, we have researched and complied the top 3 best 410 reloading press that you should consider for your reloading needs.
If yes, then you need to look for the best .410 reloading press. It is important to note that a standard reloading press will not work on a .410 bore.
The standard press is designed to reload pistol and rifle rounds.
Why Buy a .410 Reloading Press?
If you are an experienced reloader with enough expertise, you can use a basic single stage press to reload a shotgun shell case. However, you need to modify different parts of the shot shell to work it out.
This process might be a bit complicated for beginners and time consuming for experienced reloaders.
The main reason for buying a .410 Reloading Press is that 410 shells can be very expensive. One box of 20 rounds is sold for about $15.
If you use the best .410 Reloading Press, you can cut down on the costs considerably. This is because you will only spend $16 or so for those 80 reloaded rounds.
The most affordable boxes of .410 shells are hard to find and the quality is not really great.
This is why you need to reload your own shotgun shells.
Differences Between Shotgun Shells and Other Ammunition
The main reason why you can’t use a standard reloading press for the .410 bore shotgun shell, is that shotgun shells have a different design from other ammo.
Shotgun shells are like pistol and rifle brass because they have a primer, case, bullet, and powder. However, shotgun shells contain a “wad”, which is found between the shot and the powder.
This part adds an extra step in the reloading process. This is why you need a high quality reloading press.
The other reason why you should not use a standard reloading press for reloading .410 shells is that they tend to have comparatively more parts made from flimsier materials like plastic.
Best 410 Reloader Comparison Table
|1 MEC 600 Jr Mark V 410 Press- 2.5″ Shell
|2 MEC 650N .410 Press
|3 Mec Mayville 9000G Progressive .410 Gauge Shotshell Reloader
Best 410 Reloader for the Money
Let’s have a look at some .410 reloading presses that are regarded as the best in the reloading community.
MEC 600 Jr Mark V 410 Press- 2.5″ Shell
The MEC 600 Jr Mark V 410 Press- 2.5″ Shell is a shot shell reloading press that is made from high quality materials. It is a bit expensive but it will last for a very long time.
It is a single stage press, which is very easy to use even for beginners. It includes a charge bar and 3 powder bushings.
It has a simple design and is very easy to set up. It is very easy to place the wad using this product.
The crimp die ensures that your shell returns to its original condition. You can use it to work on 3-inch shells as well.
With a lot of practice, you can make more than 5 boxes of shells per hour.
- It has a simple design that is very easy to set up
- It can be adjusted to reload 3-inch shells
- It is made from high quality materials that will last for long
MEC 650N .410 Press
The MEC 650N .410 Press allows you to effectively reload shotgun shells within a short time. You can use it to reload more than 5 boxes of shotgun casings per hour.
It includes 6 stations, the fully automatic primer feed, and the 3-stage crimp.
You can handle all the reloading tasks within the stations. It ensures that you end up with consistently accurate sizes for the shells.
The auto-indexing feature moves each shell through the stations at the top of each stroke of the handle.
It is very easy to use and speeds up the reloading process. However, it costs 3 times more than the MEC 600 Jr Mark V 410 Press- 2.5″ Shell.
- It automatically ejects finished shells and this ensures that they are not marred
- It is made from high quality products that ensure it will last for long
- It includes 6 different stations and an auto-indexing feature to speed things up
Mec Mayville 9000G Progressive .410 Gauge Shotshell Reloader
The Mec Mayville 9000G is a progressive shotgun shell reloader that is made from high quality products.
It includes a smooth indexing feature that speeds up the entire reloading process. This is the best solution for you if you want to reload bulk 410 shotgun shells.
It has uniform movement throughout every stage regardless of the operator’s actions or reloading skill.
You can easily adjust it to reload low to high brass shells.
However, you are not provided with additional die sets to change the gauges.
- It includes an automatic ejection feature
- It is very easy to use as compared to other reloaders on the list
- It includes a smooth indexing feature that speeds up the reloading process
Factors to Consider Before Buying a .410 Reloading Press
By now, we are sure you have selected the best .410 reloading press. However, before you make your purchase, here are some of the factors you should consider before purchasing it:
- The Type – You can buy a single stage or progressive .410 reloading press. If you are a beginner, the single stage is easier to use and more affordable. If you need a high-volume reloading with minimal fuss, then a progressive reloading press is the best choice for you.
- Brand Name – We recommend purchasing a .410 reloading press from the best brands in the market today. These popular brands are famous due to their reliability, quality, and innovative features. The products included in our list are from the best brands that have proven themselves over the years.
- Efficiency – Features like automatic indexing and automatic ejection ensure maximum efficiency. They allow you to reload many shotgun shells per hour.
- Ease of Use – The reloading press you choose should be easy to use, especially if you are a beginner.
- Ejection System – A good ejection system makes sure that the bullets are ejected cleanly.
- Durability – We recommend purchasing a reloading press that will last for a long time. It should have a sturdy design and should be made from high quality materials. You can check out the customer reviews to check if there are any complaints.
The options provided on this list might be a little pricy but they are worth each buck. They are made from high quality products that ensure the longevity of the products.
However, if you have a limited budget, the MEC 600 Jr Mark V 410 Press- 2.5″ Shell is the best choice for you. It is very easy to use and you can use it to reload 2.5-inch and 3-inch shells.
If you want to reload many rounds, you can try out a progressive reloading press like the MEC 650N .410 Press