Are you looking for best turret reloading press ? This is a collection of the best turret press reloader that are the best in the market today. Turret presses continue to be popular among gun enthusiasts because they are more efficient than a single stage press. They are also less complicated and are not as expensive as progressive presses.
The best turret allows you to substantially increase the number of rounds you can reload each time you use your gun.
If you are a beginner, it is extremely crucial to buy a turret press that is easy to use.
However, which is the best turret press for reloading? To narrow down your search, we have compiled a list of the best turret presses that have the most reviews and are efficient.
What is the Best Turret Press?
The best turret press has so many definitions. It should your reloading needs perfectly regarding quality, reliability, and efficiency.
If you’re able to reload as many cases as you’ve reasonably expected, then you have the best turret press.
Read on, as we will also share some of the factors you should consider before purchasing a turret press.
Best Turret Reloading Press Comparison Table
|1 LEE PRECISION Classic Turret Press Kit
|2 RCBS C-Frame Cast Iron 88901 Turret Press
|3 LEE PRECISION Classic Turret Press
|4 Lyman All American 8 Turret Press for Reloading
|5 Lyman Reloading Press T-Mag
|6 Lee Cast Aluminum 4 Hole Turret Press
|7 RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Press
|8 Hornady Lock-N-Load Auto-Progressive Reloading Press
|9 RCBS 9354 RC Supreme Master Kit
|10 Lee Reloading Press 90045
Top 10 Best Turret Reloading Press Reviews
Let’s look at some of the best turret reloading presses we recommend. They are manufactured by recognized brands that have a long history in providing top-notch reloading presses for gun enthusiasts.
LEE PRECISION Classic Turret Press Kit
The LEE PRECISION Classic Turret Press Kit includes everything you may need to reload your ammo.
The kit includes an auto-drum powder measure that accurately dispenses the correct amount for each case. It will not spill a charge and works efficiently with different types of powders.
It includes a priming system for large and small primers. It can also tell you if the case you have needs to be trimmed first.
The exceptional feature of this product is that it allows you to weigh your powder so that you know just how much you put in for each cartridge.
However, it is important to note that the scale is not digital.
- Your purchase includes a reloading manual, which has a great section on the basics of reloading
- It is very affordable when compared to other products in the market with the same features
- It includes all the accessories you may need for reloading
RCBS C-Frame Cast Iron 88901 Turret Press
The RCBS C-Frame Cast Iron 88901 Turret Press is made from cast iron to ensure its longevity and durability.
It includes 6 stations on the turret head. One station is the primer feeder, meaning that you can put in 5 dies here for reloading. You can mount them in any sequence.
It is an easy to use turret press, as it doesn’t have anything overly complicated, especially for beginners.
You can use this turret press for either single stage or progressive mode. In the single stage mode, you can reload up to 50 rounds in an hour. If you switch to the progressive mode, you can increase the output up to 200 reloaded rounds per hour.
The turret is secured with a single bolt, allowing you to easily change the dies.
- You can reload up to 200 rounds per hour
- It is very easy to use and changeovers are easy to do
- It is precision crafted to provide you with the best results
LEE PRECISION Classic Turret Press
The LEE PRECISION Classic Turret Press is specifically designed for reloading pistol rounds. It includes a cast iron base, solid steel linkage, and hardwood for the lever, to ensure the longevity and durability of the device.
This turret includes mounting holes, allowing you to set it on your workbench or stand. However, it is worth mentioning that you need to buy the mounting hardware separately.
It includes an auto-indexing feature that is extremely easy to use. This feature is for pistol rounds and cartridges that are 3.313 inches in length. However, you can still use it for longer rifle cartridges, but you have to advance the case manually through the stations.
It includes 4 stations, but you do not need all of them especially if you are reloading a pistol case. It is important to note that you need to lubricate the turret press after every 500 reloaded rounds.
- It is constructed from durable materials
- It is very easy to use, even for beginners
- It is extremely affordable compared to other turret presses with the same features
Lyman All American 8 Turret Press for Reloading
The Lyman All American 8 Turret Press is made from high quality products to ensure it is efficient each time you use it.
The frame is made from heavy-duty cast iron, which is durable and will last for a long time. It is strong enough for reloading long rifle cases.
It is extra large and offers you 8 stations for convenience. This allows you to put any reloading die you to make your work easier.
The straight-line primer feed is easy to use and completely reliable. It is surrounded by a heavy duty shield for extra safety.
- It is affordable when compared to other turret presses within the same price range
- It is made from durable materials, allowing you to reload long rifle cases
- It works well with dies from other brands
Lyman Reloading Press T-Mag
The Lyman Reloading Press T-Mag is one of the best high speed turret presses in the market today. It is specifically designed for gun enthusiasts with a wide variety of calibers.
It includes six stations for reloading dies. You can easily change the head for resetting dies during caliber swapping, which is very convenient.
The head includes a removable handle, allowing you to shift it between stages effortlessly.
This turret press includes a useful primer catcher that catches and holds onto that spent primer. This ensures that you have a clean working area.
It is specifically designed to reload rifle and handgun cartridges.
- It is very easy to set up and use
- It is extremely accurate and provides you with consistent results
- It is very affordable when compared to other products in the market with the same features
Lee Cast Aluminum 4 Hole Turret Press
The Lee Cast Aluminum 4 Hole is a budget friendly turret press that continues to gain popularity due to its remarkable compound leverage mechanism. This system is an excellent replacement for the old spring models.
It includes a reliable auto-index feature and a huge design advantage. The lugs are placed on the circumference of the device to eliminate the possibility of turret tipping.
This powerful linkage makes it easy for sizing and fitting especially for large round casing as well as huge magnum cases.
It comes at an affordable price tag because it is made from cast iron, but handles a broad range of ammo.
- It has a lightweight design that makes it easy to transport and store
- It includes wood grip and hand clearance, which are great features
- It is made from durable cast aluminum
RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Press
The RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Press is a feature rich turret press that is versatile and very strong.
It is very easy to use and you will be relieved to know that the extended body allows you to refill longer cartridges.
The sturdy design ensures the durability and longevity of the equipment. It is made from heavy duty steel, which brings tons of safety during operation.
It also includes an ambidextrous handle, exceptional strength, and quick loading.
However, this turret press weighs almost 20 pounds. This means that you have to fasten the unit tightly to the workbench.
- It has a heavy-duty design that offers smooth operation
- It provides you with consistent, accurate results
- It is very easy to set it up
Hornady Lock-N-Load Auto-Progressive Reloading Press
If you are looking for a turret press for skilled reloaders, then the Hornady Lock-N-Load Auto-Progressive Reloading Press is the best choice for you.
It is designed for quick operation and this is something that only experienced professionals can handle. It sets an incredibly powerful pace. It allows you to fill at least 500 rounds per hour.
It provides you with five stations to work with so that you can perform all sorts of functions with utmost ease. You can switch between rifle and handgun dies without having to change the entire die head.
It also includes a large hopper capacity that ensures you do not have to refill it frequently.
The bushing mechanism makes way for changing between calibers such as .223 and .45 in less than 5 minutes.
- It provides you with reliable performance and consistent results on each use
- It includes a fast reloading system specifically designed for experienced reloaders
- It includes a large capacity hopper that ensures you do not have to frequently refill it
RCBS 9354 RC Supreme Master Kit
From an expert’s point of view, after the Lee Precision Classic Turret Press Kit, the RCBS 9354 RC Supreme Master Kit ranks high in performance.
It includes a powder measurer, loading block, hex key pack, deburring tool, scale, and priming tool.
This turret press continues to gain popularity among reloaders, as it can accommodate longer cartridges.
The frame has an O-shape design, which is incredibly stable and strong. It is comparatively heavy when compared to other devices, but it brings additional stability.
Your purchase will be 80% assembled to ensure you do not have problems setting it up.
- It includes a precision-crafted scale that will provide you with accurate results
- It is very easy to use and set up
- It is made from top quality materials that are durable
Lee Reloading Press 90045
The Lee Reloading Press 90045 is one of the best aluminum turrets on the market today. It has a sturdy aluminum alloy construction.
The exceptional feature of this turret press is that it accepts shell holders of any press as long as they have a universally recognized size.
The C-shaped frame provides you with a huge mechanical advantage. Paired with the lever, this design allows you to size even large caliber cases with minimal effort.
It includes a powder coated layer that adds exceptional humidity and rust resistance. However, it is worth mentioning that the powder coating is prone to peeling off.
- It provides you with easy, quick die changes
- It has an extremely lightweight design that allows you to easily transport and store it
- It has a C-shaped frame that provides you with a huge mechanical advantage
How Does the Turret Reloading Press Work?
The best turret press allows you to reload your ammo with greater efficiency and at a high speed.
It allows you to put several dies at the same time. These dies do specific tasks for reloading like resizing the case, removing the spent primer, trimming the case to the right length, funneling the powder into the case, seating the bullet into the case, and crimping the case.
You are then required to secure the dies to the station and set the case into one station. After that, you turn the handle of the turret press, and you set the bullet into the die.
The next step is to set the case into the next station for another task. You need to continue moving the case from one station to the next until you reload the brass.
If you have a high budget, you can purchase a press that has an auto-indexing feature. They can automatically move cases from one station to another to speed up the reloading process.
Benefits of Owning a Turret Reloading Press
The most outstanding feature of a turret press is the ability to hold multiple dies. However, there are other benefits of owning the best turret reloading press.
Let’s have a look at some of them:
- Cost Savings – Turret presses allow you to reload your own ammo, allowing you to save a lot of money in the long run. If you use them to reload rifle rounds, you will cut down your ammo expenses by 50%.
- Accurate Rounds – Turret presses allow you to reload your ammo so that you have more accurate ammunition than the factory-made rounds. This is important if you want consistent shooting matches.
- Ease of Use – Turret presses are easy to use even for newbies. It is not as overwhelmingly complicated as the progressive press. This means that you will get more rounds per hour than a single stage press.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Turret Reloading Press
After reading our review, here are some of the factors you should consider before purchasing a turret press:
- Brand Name – When it comes to reloading devices, you need to stick to brands that have consistently offered the best turret presses for decades. It is worth mentioning that your reloading press is the centerpiece of your entire reloading gear. Do not waste money on cheap brands
- Number of Stations – The more stations you have the more dies you can set in. You need to check the number of stations depending on your reloading needs. To be safe, look for the best 4-hole turret press you can find. You can get dies from different brands, as long as the threads match.
- Auto Indexing – This feature is included in high quality turret presses. This feature is worth your money as it automatically indexes the case for the next station, so you won’t have to do this manually. This is great for high-volume reloading.
- Simple Setup – Some turret presses are 80% assembled allowing you to easily set them up. If you are a beginner, you should purchase a device that makes things easier for you and speeds up the reloading process as well.
- Durability – We recommend purchasing a turret press that is made from strong materials. You can also check out customer reviews to make a well informed decision.
By now, we are sure you’ve selected the best turret reloading press that will suit your needs. If you are an experienced reloader we recommend popular brands such as the RCBS C-Frame Cast Iron 88901 Turret Press or the Lyman All American 8 Turret Press for Reloading.
If you are a beginner, you can try out the LEE PRECISION Classic Turret Press Kit or RCBS 9354 RC Supreme Master Kit that comes 80% assembled.