If you are looking for the best Vortex scope for savage 220 this article will guide you on picking the right Vortex scope. Before you pick any scope for a specific rifle, it helps to understand the performance requirements. Savage 220 was introduced in 2009 and since then it has continuously grown to be a reputable bolt-action 20 gauge shotgun.
Amongst shotgun enthusiasts Savage 220 is an excellent choice for its high accuracy. When matched with the right scope, Savage 220 becomes even more accurate.
Vortex scopes have been known for years to be reliable, durable, and professionally designed to suit a wide range of needs. The most incredible feature shared by most Vortex scopes is their versatility.
There is always a Vortex scope that is ideal for every rifle in the market today. The challenge is always picking the best Vortex scope for the specific rifle.
Best Vortex Scope for Savage 220 Comparison Table
|1 Vortex Diamondback 1.75×32
|2 Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15×44
|3 Vortex Optics Viper HS LR 4-16×50
|4 Vortex Optics Diamondback 4-12×40
|5 Vortex Optics Diamondback 2-7×35 Rimfire
Which is the Best Vortex Scope for Savage 220?
The quick answer to this question: the best Vortex scopes for Savage 220 are Vortex optics diamondback second focal plane rifle scopes and the specific scope is Vortex Optics Diamondback 1.75×32 Riflescope.
Vortex Optics Diamondback 1.75×32 Riflescope stands out as the best Vortex scope for Savage 220 shotgun since it comes with excellent features that are reserved for premium scopes.
Vortex Optics Diamondback 1.75×32 Riflescope
|Vortex Diamondback 1.75×32 Specifications
|Magnification: 1. 75-5x
Objective Diameter: 32 mm
Length/Weight : 1.3Pounds
Adjustment Info: Dead-Hold BDC
Optics Coatings: Multi-coated
Finish: Hard anodized
Mounting Rings Included: No
Features of Vortex Diamondback 1.75×32 Riflescope
The following are the features that make Vortex Optics Diamondback 1.75×32 Riflescope an outstanding scope for the Savage 220 shotgun:
- Vortex Diamondback 1.75×32 Riflescope scope is designed with the dead hold Ballistic Drop correction for calculation of bullet drop accuracy which greatly improves the shooting accuracy of the Savage 220 shotgun.
- The lenses of this Vortex scope are multi-coated to help in light retention making a great scope for hunting since it can be used in different lighting conditions.
- Vortex Diamondback 1.75×32 Riflescope scope is designed with metal precision turrets for natural zero reset after sight in.
- It has a uniquely designed glide erector system that is ideal for accurate tracking.
- Vortex Diamondback 1.75×32 is Argon purged and O-ring sealed to deliver a lifetime of fog proof and waterproof performance.
- The Anodized finish makes Vortex Optics Diamondback 1.75×32 Riflescope shockproof and a suitable scope for a shotgun like the Savage 220.
- Vortex Optics Diamondback 1.75×32 Riflescope has features Ballistic Drop correction that helps in bullet trajectory calculation.
- Vortex Diamondback 1.75×32 Riflescope has multi-coating optics that
- It has easy zero resetting mechanics that are good for improved shooting accuracy.
- It is specifically designed for Shotgun which makes it an ideal choice for Savage 220.
- Vortex diamondback 1.75×32 is waterproof, shockproof, and fog-proof making it a multipurpose scope that can be used in a wide range of hunting or shooting conditions.
- One of the shortcomings of Vortex Optics Diamondback 1.75×32 is its inadequate eye relief but overall it is a great scope for Savage 220 shotgun.
Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15×44 Rifle Scope
The second best Vortex scope for Savage 220 is Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15×44 Rifle Scope. This scope is designed to work with several rifles and it works very well with the Savage 220 rifle.
|Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15×44 Specifications
Objective Diameter: 44 mm
Length/Weight : 1.3Pounds
Adjustment Info: 0.25 MOA adjustmentField of View : 8.6 – 41.2 ft@100 yds
Optics Coatings: Fully Multi-coated
Finish: Hard anodized
Features of Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15×44 Rifle Scope
If you are looking for an alternative scope to the first recommended Vortex scope for savage 220, Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15×44 Rifle Scope can be a great choice though more expensive than the Vortex Optics Diamondback 1.75×32 Riflescope.
Its unique led illuminated reticle makes it superior for use in dark conditions. The following are the features of
- The Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15×44 has remarkable performance. This 2-10×32 first focal plane riflescope is highly versatile and good for close to long range shooting needs and fits well with Savage 220 shotgun.
- If you are shooters who dial turrets for bullet drop and wind compensation you will appreciate the laser etched turrets, adjustable parallax, and the RZR zero stop. A fiber optic rotation indicator ensures you can keep track of your turret position with ease.
- Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15×44 reticle offers highly functional, intuitive, and detailed hold points, and at the same time remains uncluttered for best optimal view and features 10 intensity levels with off positions between each setting an excellent quality for long-range shooting with a Savage 220.
- It is designed with extra-low dispersion glass that increases resolution and color fidelity. XR fully multi-coated lenses increase light transmission. Armortek coatings protect the lenses from scratches, oil, and dirt.
- Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15×44 is O-ring sealed and argon purged, to deliver waterproof and fog-proof performance
- The design with a single-piece, aircraft-grade aluminum construction gives you a highly durable scope that will outperform any other scope.
In this quick review, I have shared with you the two most suitable Vortex scopes for the Savage 220 that you should consider. Ideally the Vortex Optics Diamondback 1.75×32 Riflescope is a good budget scope that fits well with the Savage 220 shotgun. If you are willing to spend more money on the best Vortex scope for Savage 220, you should consider buying the Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15×44