Table of Contents
- 1 Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 Review (AO Dead-Hold BDC – Specs, Pros, Cons)
- 2 Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 Review (In-Depth Riflescope Review)
Vortex Crossfire II 6-24×50 is a remarkable long eye relief scope that is built to impress with excellent light transmission and rugged performance. In this Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 review, I will share with you all the features, pros, cons, and my verdict on why you should consider buying Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 AO scope.
Unlike other 50mm scopes, this scope is designed to outlast all the other scopes of the same category. It comes with the Dead-Hold-BDC reticle that is a perfect match for a good hunting scope.
If you are looking for a mid-budget hunting scope with a BDC reticle and good rating, Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 AO scope is a good choice as you will find in the specifications in the next section.
Why is Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 AO Scope Popular?
Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 AO scope has incredible features that are designed to fit every hunter or shooter’s needs.
The following is a quick summary of the best features that make this scope stand out in this category of mid-budget hunting scopes:
- 50mm objective lens provides ample light for the early and late evening hunting.
- Dead-Hold BDC MOA reticle ensures there is no guesswork for the holdover and windage corrections thereby increasing your accuracy with every shot taken.
- Long eye relief ensures you can take the shots without straining your eyes.
- Multipurpose use – Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 AO scope is suitable for both hunting as well as tactical shooting and therefore a good fit for shooters looking for a versatile riflescope.
Now let us look at the specifications of Vortex Crossfire II 6-24×50 to understand why it is one of the most popular hunting scopes in the market today as well as the best 50mm rifle scope.
Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 Review (AO Dead-Hold BDC – Specs, Pros, Cons)
|Objective Lens Diameter: 50 mm
Magnification: 6 – 24 x
Magnification Type: Variable
Reticle: Dead-Hold BDC
Reticle Focal Plane: Second Focal Plane (SFP)
Exit Pupil: 2.08 – 8.3 mm
Field of View, Linear: 4.4 – 17.3 ft at 100 yds
Eye Relief: 4 in
Tube Diameter: 30 mm
Adjustment Type: MOA
Adjustment Click Value: 0.25 MOA
Adjustment Range: 40 MOA
Parallax: 10 yards to infinity
Focus Range: 10 yards to infinity
Waterproof, Shockproof, Fogproof: Yes
Optical Coating: Fully Multi-Coated
Finish: Hard Anodized
Material: Aircraft Grade Aluminum
Illumination Type: Non-Illuminated
Length: 14.5 in
Width: 4.5 in
Height: 2.52 in
Weight: 23.6 oz
Most Outstanding Feature of Vortex Crossfire II 6-24×50 Scope
The best feature of Vortex Crossfire II 6-24×50 is its Dead-Hold BDC and the large objective lens of 50mm which gives it the ability to be a good hunting scope as well as a good tactical shooting scope.
If you are looking for a dual-use scope that you can use at the range and in outdoor activities, Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 will get the job done.
Best Use Cases of Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 Scope
Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 scope is ideal for use in big game hunting, elk hunting, deer hunting, and target shooting. It is a good scope for beginner hunters and shooters who are looking for the best mid-budget hunting scope that can as well be used for tactical shooting.
I have owned this scope for the last few years and I can attest that it’s one of the best Vortex scopes in my collection.
If you would like to make a quick comparison with other similar scopes, the next section has the best 50mm scopes and other similar scopes to Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 from other brands that can be used as alternatives to this scope.
Similar Scopes to Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 AO Dead-Hold BDC Scope
The following scopes share similar features with Vortex Crossfire II 6-24×50 and can be compared and used as alternatives to this scope.
I have reviewed hundreds of scopes and I tend to see that each scope brand has its unique characteristics and advantages. My all-time favorite brand for bid budget scope is Vortex since the quality and the warranty are as solid as they can get.
You can opt to buy one brand over the other based on your history with such scopes or specific needs that the scope matches. Overall, you cannot go wrong with the best Vortex scopes.
Generally, the scopes listed below will perform in the same way (esp. the objective lens & magnification capabilities) with little exceptions to specific unique brand features.
- Zeiss Conquest V4 6-24×50 Rifle Scope with ZMOAi-1 Illuminated Reticle (#93) – External Elevation Turret – Ballistic Stop – Adjustable Parallax – .25 MOA
- CVLIFE Hunting Rifle Scope 6-24×50 AOE Red and Green Illuminated Gun Scope with Free Mount
- Beileshi 6-24X50mm AOEG Optics Hunting Rifle Scope Red/Green Illuminated Crosshair Gun Scope with Flip Up Scope Covers
- Bushnell Tactical 6-24X50 Rifle Scope (FFP Illuminated)
- Twod Scope 6-24X50mm AOEG OpticsScope Red Green Illuminated Rangefinder Reticle Scope
- Burris Fullfield IV 6-24x50mm Hunting Rifle Scope
- Athlon Optics Midas TAC 6-24×50 First Focal Plane Riflescopes
- Monstrum G3 6-24×50 First Focal Plane FFP Rifle Scope with Illuminated MOA Reticle and Adjustable Objective
- New Bushnell Nitro Rifle Scope 30mm / 6-24x 50mm / Multi-X
- Athlon Optics, Argos BTR, Riflescope, 6-24 x 50 First Focal Plane (FFP) 30 mm Tube, Illuminated APMR MIL Reticle
Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 Review (In-Depth Riflescope Review)
Vortex Crossfire II 6-24×50 is specially designed to meet the needs of avid shooters and hunters alike. It offers exceptional performance and reliability that is unmatched by any scope of this price range and category.
Its long eye relief, fully multi-coated lens and fast-focus eyepiece are designed to ensure you have the best image clarity of a distant target.
Whether you pick Vortex Crossfire II 6-24×50 for hunting or tactical shooting you will quickly realize its resettable MOA turrets give you a competitive edge when taking the shots.
It also has a sleek hard-anodized finish that guarantees a durable lifetime and you don’t have to worry about where to use this scope since it will work even in the harshest shooting environments.
This is a scope that every hunter or shooter searching for the best mid-budget scope should try out.
Let us now look at its features in detail to understand why many hunters choose Vortex Crossfire II 6-24×50 over other scopes in this price range.
- Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 AO Dead-Hold BDC riflescope is one of the best scopes in the Crossfire II line since it’s made with the Dead-Hold BDC reticle that is perfect for both hunting or shooting at variable range especially when you are estimating the holdover.
- It is designed with the 50mm objective lens that helps gather as much light as possible and makes this scope useful for all hunting sports.
- Its uniquely designed adjustable objective provides image focus and parallax removal and the anti-reflective is a great addition to protect your eyes and improve your shooting accuracy.
- Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 AO Dead-Hold BDC riflescope comes with fully multi-coated lenses provides a bright and high clarity image of distant targets.
- Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 AO Dead-Hold BDC riflescope has the best long eye relief for a scope of this price range and this is also augmented by the ultra-forgiving eye box. With this scope, you can be assured you will easily and quickly sight and acquire your target.
- To crown, the already great visual features Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 has the fast focus eyepiece that is designed to allow quick and easy reticle focusing.
- Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 has a remarkable adjustment system that has capped reset turrets which are finger adjustable with MOA clicks and can be quickly reset to zero after sighting in.
- This scope is cleverly designed to last long with a solid single-piece tube construction that is crafted from aircraft-grade aluminum. This solid construction ensures Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 is strong and has 100% shockproof performance.
- Finally, Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 is O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged just like the other Crossfire II scope for it to deliver 100% waterproof and fog-proof performance.
- This is a highly durable scope that will outlast any other scope for that price.
- It is a fairly priced scope with the best value for money.
- The optics are superb and the high clarity improves your accuracy.
- This scope is backed by the Vortex Scopes Warranty
- It has an easy-to-use adjustment system that is beginner-friendly.
- The features are geared towards easy target acquisition which is great for a hunting scope.
- Good magnification range that is ideal for hunting and target shooting.
- It’s a multipurpose scope that you can use for both hunting and tactical shooting.
- The hash marks are invisible when you are making the Capped Turrets adjustments.
- This scope is delivered without the mounting rings and you may have to buy the mounting rings separately.
In this Vortex Crossfire II 6 24×50 review, we have outlined the specification of this scope, shared the pros and cons and our final verdict on this scope is that it’s a good scope for users looking for a dual-purpose mid-budget scope. Vortex Crossfire II 6-24×50 is a solidly build scope and is backed by the Vortex Legendary Warranty which is a good thing for beginners looking for a mid-budget hunting scope.