Are you looking for the best AR 15 case? In this post we share with you the best AR 15 soft case and best AR 15 hard case available in the market today. You can spend over $2,000 on a custom AR-15 or under $600 on a simple case that still works well. Regardless of the amount you spend on the gun, you need to protect it from scratches, dust, and impact. This is why you need the best AR 15 hard gun case
Cases help you to prevent unwanted attention and are good at hiding the gun from wandering eyes. They also help you to easily transport your guns easier.
Some cases have storage space for magazines, personal safety equipment, and more.
There are two types of AR-15 gun cases in the market today. They are hard-sided cases and soft rifle cases.
Soft vs. Hard Cases for AR-15s
Let us compare the hard and soft sided cases so that you can determine the best option.
a) Hard Cases
Hard cases are made of durable materials that can withstand impact.
If you want to travel with your gun by air, you need to purchase this type of case. According to the TSA regulations, a firearm has to travel as checked baggage inside a hard-shell case.
Hard cases are often made from rigid plastic. They are lined with a large amount of foam that ensures the gun is not bouncing inside the case.
Premium cases have a seal all the way around, making them water resistant. They are impervious to cutting implements and include lockable areas around the case for maximum protection.
b) Soft Cases
Soft cases are relatively cheap than hard cases.
If you are on a tight budget, this is the best option for you. However, it is important to note that soft sided cases lack the impact-resistant polymer sides. This means that your gin is not protected from impact.
It is also worth mentioning that soft cases may not be waterproof but they will resist rain. They are tightly woven with strands of nylon to keep water from flowing through.
They can also be modified further since they are made from fabric. Stitching wears out over time, but you can sew it back to normal.
Soft cases do not take much space as compared to hard cases. They collapse down when they are empty. You can even fold them into a smaller shape.
Top 10 Best AR 15 Cases Comparison Table
|1 Boyt H36SG Hard Sided Travel Case
|2 Flambeau Tactical 6500AR Case
|3 Case Club Pre-Made AR15 Waterproof Rifle Case
|4 Plano All Weather Tactical Gun Case, 36″
|5 Condor Single Rifle Case
|6 Bulldog Cases Ultra-Compact AR-15 Discreet Rifle Case
|7 Pelican 1700 Rifle Case
|8 NcSTAR VISM Deluxe Padded Rifle Case
|9 Savior Equipment American Classic Tactical Gun Bag
|10 Lancer Tactical Double Carbine Soft Case
Top 10 Best AR 15 Case Reviews
Now that you know the features of the two types of cases, let us discuss some of the best AR-15 gun cases in the market today.1
Boyt H36SG Hard Sided Travel Case
The Boyt H36SG Hard Sided Travel Case is made from 120D polypropylene with powder-coated steel latches. If you have a long AR-15, an AR-10, or a larger tactical rifle, this is a good choice for you, as it is sized for an AR or other carbines.
It is available in black and flat dark earth color.
This case helps you to keep out moisture and contaminants that will ruin the exterior of your gun.
For protection purposes, you are provided with 6 holes for padlocks. It also includes thick foam that is cut to properly fit your AR-15 inside.
- It is made from high quality materials that are durable
- It has an extremely thick shell that is perfect for transporting your gun
- It includes 6 padlock holes to secure your gun
Flambeau Tactical 6500AR Case
The Flambeau Tactical 6500AR Case is made from Polypropylene and includes an egg crate foam with Velcro straps and optional plastic dividers.
This case is specifically designed for an AR-15 carbine. However, it does not have a pre-made closed cell foam, but the open-cell egg crate foam does a good job of holding your gun in place combined with the Velcro straps.
Your purchase includes magazine dividers which are very easy to install. The latches are made from molded plastic, which is durable.
You are also provided with holes for padlocks.
- It includes Velcro straps to hold your AR-15 in place
- It is made from durable materials to ensure it lasts for long
- The egg crate foam securely holds your rifle and magazine in place
Case Club Pre-Made AR15 Waterproof Rifle Case
The Case Club Pre-Made AR15 Waterproof Rifle Case is made from high quality polymer that is durable and waterproof. it can hold an AR-15 that’s up to 35.5″ long with a collapsible stock.
It is designed with 2 types of foam that allow you to secure your sidearm. The foam has cutouts for a rifle, a pistol, two rifle magazines, and a pistol magazine.
You are provided with a silica gel desiccant container and 5 latches around the case.
It is worth mentioning that the lid only opens 90 degrees. This means that it has a tendency to fall shut if opened on a non-level surface.
- It can hold a sidearm, a rifle, a pistol, and two rifle magazines
- The foam has been pre-cut for an AR-15
- You are provided with a silica gel desiccant canister
Plano All Weather Tactical Gun Case, 36″
The Plano All Weather Tactical Gun Case, 36″ is made from heavy duty polymer, which is very durable. This case is designed to hold a single AR-15.
However, you may have a long barrel or fixed stock, you may have to angle the gun in the case to fit.
The central foam piece is perforated for easy customization, as you can pluck out the pieces to create your desired layout.
You can fit some accessories and magazines for the rifle and a sidearm.
It also includes a waterproof seal that keeps moisture out. You are also provided with five medium quality latches.
- It keeps out moisture and any foreign substances
- It includes a pressure release valve
- It allows you to customize the layout of the foam
Condor Single Rifle Case
The Condor Single Rifle Case is made from ballistic nylon and provides you with a central compartment, side compartment, and three side pockets.
The company behind this product also makes tactical vests and plate carriers. They are experienced in making rugged products that are durable just like the Condor Single Rifle Case.
It is available in 42″ and 36″ sizes and all the straps are well-sewn. The zipper pulls are strong and can be locked.
There is a lot of storage space and you are provided with 2 internal pockets for sidearms or magazines, a permanent side compartment, and three MOLLE pouches attached to the side as well.
- It has a rugged, durable construction
- You are provided with ample storage
- It includes a removable shoulder strap and internal sidearm pockets
Bulldog Cases Ultra-Compact AR-15 Discreet Rifle Case
The Bulldog Cases Ultra-Compact AR-15 Discreet Rifle Case is made from durable ballistic nylon with a heavyweight zipper pull. It includes two compartments and two magazine pockets and straps.
This case is specifically designed for the AR platform. This is because you need to separate the upper assembly from the lower assembly. The two halves are padded and you can use Velcro straps to attach the upper to one half and the lower to the other half.
This case includes 2 pockets that can accommodate 30 round magazines. However, if you have many accessories they can bounce around and can cause the case to bulge.
- It includes customizable strap locations
- It is very compact and discreet, making it easy to transport and store
- It includes additional storage space for magazine pockets and accessories
Pelican 1700 Rifle Case
The Pelican 1700 Rifle Case is made from copolymer polypropylene, which is very durable. It is available in black, olive drab green, and flat dark earth colors.
The company behind this product is popular for making durable cases for protecting cameras, fishing equipment, or firearms. This case is durable and the walls have foam cores for strength while reducing weight.
It includes O-ring seals that prevent water and moisture from getting into the case.
It is important to note that the foam is not pre-cut. This means that you have to figure out how to place your rifle.
- It is waterproof and includes a pressure equalization valve to ensure the case is easy to open
- It includes reinforced padlock protectors
- It includes wheels for easy transportation
NcSTAR VISM Deluxe Padded Rifle Case
The NcSTAR VISM Deluxe Padded Rifle Case is made from 600D polyester. It includes an internal compartment and five magazine pockets. It is available in different sizes, from 22.75″ to 52″. Therefore, you have to buy the one that fits your rifle.
The handle wrap is durable and the shoulder strap runs along the bottom edge of the bag. If you hang it on your shoulder, your bag will hang upside down.
You should ensure that the zipper is closed each time you want to carry this case.
- It is very affordable when compared to other cases in the market
- It includes an internal compartment and five magazine pockets.
- It is made from durable materials
Savior Equipment American Classic Tactical Gun Bag
The Savior Equipment American Classic Tactical Gun Bag is made from 600D nylon. It includes a central compartment, side compartment, and three side pockets.
It is available in different sizes from 36″ to 55″. Each size can carry two rifles in the large interior compartment and two pistols in the exterior compartment.
The Velcro straps and the stock sleeves keep your rifles from moving around.
The zippers are durable and can be locked.
- It includes padded edges to ensure your gun does not get damages
- It includes a side compartment and three side pockets
- It is made from durable materials that ensure the longevity of the product
Lancer Tactical Double Carbine Soft Case
The Lancer Tactical Double Carbine Soft Case is made from 600D Polyester that is durable. It can carry two rifles comfortably and an additional pistol or SBR.
It is available in five colors and two sizes.
You are provided with a great amount of storage. Your purchase includes a central compartment with an interior divider, a side compartment, and three side pockets. The divider is made of thick padding and can be removed.
You can use it as a shooting mat.
There are also 2 small pockets flush within the side of the case.
- It includes backpack straps and can hold two rifles and a pistol
- It provides you with a large amount of storage
- It includes a shooting mat that can be used as an internal divider
Factors You Should Consider Before Purchasing a AR 15 Case
By now, we are sure you have selected the best AR 15 case for your gun. However, before you make your purchase, here are some of the factors you should consider before purchasing it:
- Durability – The case that you pick should handle a good amount of impact. You should buy a high quality case that will protect your expensive firearm. Beware of cases that are made from cheap plastic. You can also check customer reviews to see if there are some durability issues.
- Protection – You should buy a case that includes a good amount of padding or a hard shell. The best soft-sided cases have a bit of water resistance. However, hard cases are better at keeping out water if a seal is included.
- Size – You should purchase a case that fits your AR 15 rifle. We recommend determining the required size by measuring the length of your rifle and adding 2″. If you have optics, remember to include them in your measurements.
- Storage – If you have many accessories, we recommend purchasing a large case. You can purchase a case that can accommodate magazines, shooting mats, ear muffs, and many more.
Whether you buy a soft or hard case, it is important to protect your firearm. If you like traveling a lot, we recommend using a hard case, which is TSA approved. They are more protective than a soft-sided case and are resistant to theft.
On the other hand, the best AR 15 case can be easily modified and upgraded at home. It also includes external compartments for storing magazines and other accessories. They are often cheaper but are not resistant to theft.