The Vortex Diamondback 20-60×80 is a spotting scope designed to offer you the best vision in any lighting situation. This is a complete Vortex Diamondback 20 60×80 spotting scope review it includes specifications, features, pros and cons.
It includes premium glass and coatings that help to enhance the image quality.
This scope is available in either straight or angled design. The angled design is stable as it is mounted lower. This offers great comfort when glassing for long periods. It also allows for a smaller, lighter tripod stand.
The straight design is suitable for rapid target acquisition.
It is made with affordability in mind, aimed towards attracting money-conscious hunters or target shooters.
- 80 mm objective lens
- Dielectric Coating
- Adjustable eyecups
Vortex Diamondback 20 60×80 Spotting Scope Review
Objective Lens Diameter: 80 mm
Linear Field of View: 105-51 ft/1000 yds
Angular Field of View: 2-1 degrees
Close Focus: 22 feet
Eye Relief: 20-16.5 mm
Exit Pupil: 4-1.3 mm
Length: 14.8 inches
Weight: 47.1 oz
Most Outstanding Feature of Vortex Diamondback 20-60×80
The exceptional feature of the Vortex Diamondback 20-60×80 is the Porro Prisms that ensure accurate color to cover the entire visible spectrum. The Porro prisms are dielectric coated to increase light transmission.
This results in a bright, clear, and highly contrasted image.
It also includes a fine and coarse dual focus.
Best Use Cases
The Vortex Diamondback 20-60×80 is ideal for hunting, birdwatching, or nature observing. Shooters can also use it to spot targets.
The nitrogen-purged gas delivers waterproof and fog-proof results.
It also includes a retractable lens shade that allows you to use the scope in extreme heat or rain.
Vortex Diamondback 20 60×80 Spotting Scope Review (Detailed Review)
For convenience, the scope contains a tripod mounting shoe and rotating tripod collar to allow for comfortable viewing.
The scope contains O-ring seals to prevent moisture, dust, and more from getting inside the spotting scope. This allows you to use the scope in any weather condition.
The surfaces are ArmorTek coated with a scratch-resistant coating that protects the lenses from dirt and oil.
- It is affordable when compared to other scopes with the same feature.
- It provides relentless performance even in the harshest weather conditions.
- It ArmorTek coated to ensure that the scope is durable and scratch resistant.
- It includes Porro prisms for maximum image quality and performance.
- It includes adjustable cups for comfortable viewing.
- The image starts getting a bit fuzzy in higher magnification levels.
Let’s look at some of the features offered by this scope.
- The scope includes proprietary coatings that help to increase light transmission. This results in high-definition images.
- The lenses are coated with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all the air-to-glass surfaces.
- This scope is waterproof as it includes O-ring seals to prevent moisture, debris, and dust from penetrating into the scope.
- It includes a Porro prism design that is valued for a rich depth of field, three-dimensional, and wide field of view images.
- The nitrogen gas purging ensures that fogging does not occur especially in cold temperatures.
- The scope includes adjustable eyecups for comfortable viewing even when you wear spectacles.
- It includes a VIP warranty that lasts for a lifetime. It ensures that the scope is fixed in case of any damage.
The Vortex Diamondback 20-60×80 is affordable but provides you with the best viewing experience in mind.
If you are in a windy terrain, we recommend the angled design, which maximizes stability. The scope is also backed by a VIP unconditional lifetime warranty that ensures the scope is fixed when damaged.
Vortex Diamondback 20 60×80 Review
The following is one of the video reviews we have watched and would like to share with you to help you make an informed choice if you decide to go ahead and buy this spotting scope.