If you are in the market for the best scope for 357 lever action, you are in the right place. We know that it can be difficult to find a reliable scope for a .357 lever-action rifle. This is why we created this guide to help you make a well-informed purchase.
In today’s post, we will share some of the top-recommended scopes ideal for this hard-hitting magnum. We have also gone a step ahead to include some of the important features you need to keep in mind when buying a .357 lever-action scope.
The .357 Magnum was introduced in 1934. It features a bullet diameter of .357-inches and offers a bit more power than the .38 special cartridge.
The .357 Magnum is ideal for a wide range of firearms like the Henry Big Boy X, Henry Big Boy Classic, and other cowboy-style lever-actions. It can also be used as a handgun round for self-defense.
It is important to note that this magnum can be used to hunt dangerous game-like bears, with the right handload.
The only problem is finding a reliable scope for the .357 lever-action. This is because many scopes are available today, and each model comes with a different set of features and benefits, making it a bit challenging to find the right scope.
Best Scope for 357 Lever Action
The best scope for .357 lever-action should be made from durable materials to ensure it can withstand heavy recoil and impact. In addition, it should be fitted with high-quality optics to provide you with the best vision across the magnification levels.
The lenses should be coated to enhance the image quality. It also ensures you have a clear, unobstructed view across all magnification levels.
Without wasting much time, let us get right into it.
Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10x40mm Riflescope – Best Overall
The Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10x40mm Riflescope is the best scope for the .357 lever-action. It features Leupold’s legendary Twilight Max Light Management System. This system offers you a clear view, even when hunting at dusk or dawn.
This scope comes with uncapped turrets, which have great functionality. In addition, the tactile construction ensures that they have great focus and magnification controls.
The other unique feature is the duplex reticle is set in the second focal plane. This means that the reticle size remains the same at any magnification level.
In addition, this scope is fitted with clear glass making it an ideal choice for small moving targets and plinking.
We recommend this scope because the lenses are coated for additional protection. It also comes with a warranty that lasts a lifetime.
- It comes with a duplex reticle and tactile turrets
- It is very lightweight
- It comes with an excellent lifetime warranty
Bushnell Engage 3-9x40mm – Best Illuminated Scope
If you are searching for an illuminated scope for the .357 lever-action, the Bushnell Engage 3-9x40mm is a solid choice for you. It comes with a unique Multi-X reticle. This reticle helps shooters get on target in almost any lighting condition.
It features a glowing dot with six brightness settings centered in the middle of the crosshair. The optics is fully multicoated to provide excellent light transmission for solid low-light performance.
It also includes a fast-focus eyepiece ideal for hunting or tactical shooting. It also features Bushnell’s excellent EXO barrier on external lens surfaces to repel water, oil, fog, dust, and debris.
We recommend this scope because it is affordable, but it is packed with many quality features to take your shooting game to the next level. It also features an integrated throw lever on the magnification selector
- It features a multi-X reticle
- It features a fast-focus eyepiece
- It has a satin black finish
Burris Fastfire 3 with Picatinny Mount 3 MOA Sight – Best Red Dot
The Burris Fastfire 3 is the best red dot sight for the .357 lever-action. It is popular because it is ideal for shooters with astigmatism.
The lightweight construction of this model makes it an excellent choice for handguns. The compact design of this scope ensures that you can transport it to the range. It also takes less storage space compared to other options.
It is important to note that you have the option to choose from a 3 MOA or 8 MOA. The 3 MOA red dot reticle is ideal for more precision at mid-range. On the other hand, the 8 MOA red dot reticle is ideal for close-range shooting applications.
The matte black anodized finish helps to protect it from scratches. It also helps to conceal your shooting position.
We recommend this model because it puts an unmistakable red dot at the point of impact within your field of view. This ensures that you do not miss any target.
- It is very easy to mount
- It comes with a lifetime warranty
- It uses high-grade optical glass to provide the best vision
EOTech EXPS3 – Best Holographic Sight
The EOTech EXPS3 is the best holographic sight for the .357 lever-action. It is more expensive than other optics, but it is loaded with many features to improve your shooting experience at close ranges.
It does not compare to an ACOG for long range but offers elevated precision at medium and close range. This helps to eliminate any guesswork in your shooting applications.
The other unique feature is that this optic offers unlimited eye relief. This means that you can use both eyes to shoot, allowing you to stay aware of your surroundings. It also makes it easy to track fast-moving targets, especially when hunting.
In addition, it is night vision compatible. This is because it features 10-night vision settings, which sets it aside from other popular sighs like Vortex Sparc 2 and Strikefire 2.
The glass clarity is excellent when compared to other options. The lenses are coated with an anti-reflective coating. It helps to cut down on glare and allows you to get a crystal clear sight picture.
- It features 20 daylight brightness levels
- It features 10 levels of night vision compatibility
- It is easy to track fast-moving objects because of the unlimited eye relief
Trijicon Accupoint 1-4×24 – Best LPVO
If you are in the market for the best LPVO for the .357 Magnum, the Trijicon Accupoint 1-4×24 is a solid choice for you. It features fiber optics and tritium, meaning that you do not have to worry about the battery running out when you are in the field or shooting range.
It features a 1-4x variable magnification, making it a reliable scope for tactical shooting and close quartile battles. It also features a 24mm objective lens and a triangle reticle pattern.
The 3.20” eye relief and a 17.5mm – 5.1mm exit pupil ensures that you do not have any eyestrain when aiming at a target. It also has a wide field of view and can be immersed in water up to ten feet thanks to its waterproof nature.
The durable construction of this model ensures it lasts for a long time, even after repeated use. It features an aircraft-grade aluminum housing. This allows you to subject the scope to the harshest climatic conditions.
- It is fitted with superior quality lenses that are coated to provide clear images
- It has a tritium phosphor lamp to illuminate the retile
- It is made from durable aircraft-grade aluminum
Factors to Consider When Shopping for the Best Scope for 357 Lever Action
Here are the important features you need to consider:
- Magnification – You must ensure the riflescope you purchase provides you with ample magnification. This allows you to use your rifle effectively. However, it is important to note that you do not need a high magnification scope.
- Price – When shopping for high recoil scopes, price is one of the important factors you need to consider. There are many options to choose from, but we have shared the best scopes that are compatible with multiple rifles available on the market today. However, it is important to note that the price should not be an issue if you are looking for a high-end scope.
- Versatility – We highly recommend purchasing a versatile scope that is ideal for both hunting and tactical shooting applications.
- Reticle – We recommend checking the reticle of the scope you purchase. Large reticles are great for low-light shooting applications. On the other hand, thinner reticles allow you to be more precise but are difficult to use in low-light conditions.
- Fully Multi-Coated Lens – It is important to buy a fully multi-coated lens that offers better clarity for maximum accuracy
- Extended eye relief – It is worth mentioning that you need to buy a scope with an extended eye relief across all the magnification levels. This ensures that your eyes are protected from the recoil of the tactical shotgun. In addition, extended eye relief can help to avoid straining your eyes during long hours on the field.
- Weatherproofing – It is important to buy a scope that is weatherproof and can resist fog, water, and shock damage. This allows you to use your rifle effectively in any weather condition.
- Warranty – It is important to buy a scope with a great warranty or customer service. This can help you solve queries you may encounter when using the scope. This is because some high-recoil scopes are very expensive.
- Large Objective Lens – If the scope features a large objective lens, you will get clear images with the best color fidelity.
In summary, we have shared the important features of the best scopes for .357 lever-action rifles. They are designed for a wide range of shooting conditions like hunting, target practice, self-defense, and tactical shooting.
It is worth mentioning that we checked other top reviews and recommendations when creating this guide. Therefore, you will not make a mistake investing in any model we have shared in this guide.
We have also shared some of the important factors you need to keep in mind when buying a .357 lever-action scope. Our list is not exhaustive, but these factors will help you to narrow down your search.
We hope that this post provided you with all the information you needed to make a well-informed purchase.