Are you looking for the best prism scope for the money? In today’s buying guide, we will share some of the best options available in the market today. Whether you are on a budget or looking for a scope for a reliable prism scope, we got you covered.
Prism scopes are ideal for tactical shooting applications. They are cheaper, but they will provide you with all the benefits of a traditional low-power variable optic.
In addition, prism scopes are very compact. They will not weigh you down when you pair it with your firearm.
Prism scopes do not work the same as traditional scopes. Therefore, you need to know how a traditional scope works to see the difference.
It is important to note that traditional scopes use a series of lenses to refract and magnify the image. The image is then flipped right side up so that you can view it. They work just like telescopes.
On the other hand, with a prism scope, two opposing prisms help to magnify the image. The light passes through the etched reticle as it orients the image. This means that prism scopes can do almost everything that an LPVO scope can provide you.
However, it can be very hard to choose the best prism scope. This is because there are many options to choose from, and each one comes with a different set of features.
Best Prism Scope
By the end of this guide, you will be able to find a reliable prism scope for your firearm. The options we have shared are much smaller and more compact. This makes them very easy to store and transport.
In addition, they are very affordable. They are a great alternative to ACOGs, Aimpoints, and red dots.
Before you proceed, it is important to first define your shooting requirements to make the selection process easy. It will ensure that you do not make the expensive mistake of buying a model that is not compatible with your shooting requirements.
Let us get right into it.
Vortex Optics Spitfire 3x Prism Scope – Best Overall
The best prism scope is the Vortex Optics Spitfire 3x Prism Scope. It is ideal for close to medium-range shooting applications where fast target acquisition and speed are required.
In addition, it features an etched reticle directly on the prism. This ensures that shooters have an effective point of aim at all times in any lighting situation.
It is worth mentioning that this scope comes with a selectable red/green illuminated reticle with five intensity levels. The fully multi-coated lenses with anti-reflective coatings allow you to use your rifle effectively in any lighting situation.
The 31.5′ field of view is perfect for many shooting applications. It is constructed with high quality materials to ensure that they last for a long time.
In addition, the O-ring seals prevent water droplets from penetrating the scope. The prism-based design delivers sharp optics and allows for unique reticle designs that are visible with or without illumination.
The only problem with this scope is that it takes a long time to learn how to use it properly.
- It comes with a 3x magnification power
- It comes with five levels of brightness intensity
- It comes with fully multi-coated lenses
Vortex Optics Spitfire 1x Prism Scope DRT Reticle (MOA) – Best Value
The Vortex Optics Spitfire 1x Prism Scope is one of the best prism sights available today. The prism-based design delivers sharp optics and allows for unique reticle designs that are visible with or without illumination.
The most outstanding feature of this scope is the Dual Ring Tactical reticle that is designed for rapid shooting at close distances. It pulls the eye into instant alignment with the reticle center and target.
In addition, the five levels of brightness intensity with red and green illumination settings allow you to use this scope in any lighting situation.
The single piece chassis is compact and lightweight with a hard anodized finish that provides a low-glare matte surface. This helps to camouflage the shooter’s position.
This scope also features fully multi-coated lenses to increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
It is important to note that this scope is weatherproof. This is because it is waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof. In addition, it can withstand heavy recoil and impact.
This scope is very expensive but the features included are worth the price.
- It comes with fully multi-coated lenses to increase light transmission
- It comes with five levels of brightness intensity with red and green illumination settings
- The nitrogen gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures
Primary Arms SLX Compact 1×20
The Primary Arms SLX Compact 1×20 is a budget friendly sight that is packed with many outstanding features. It is ideal for enthusiasts who have astigmatism because it utilizes very impressive technology.
It is important to note that this model comes with high quality glass to provide you with clear images that are color accurate. It uses a smart red dot alternative. This means instead of the typical illuminated red dot, it has an etched, illuminated reticle.
The exceptional feature of this scope is that it is equipped with the ACSS Cyclops reticle. In addition, it will provide you with sufficient eye relief. This allows you to mount it on a rifle with uncontrollable recoil.
The rugged construction of this model ensures that it will last for a very long time. It is nitrogen purged and O-ring sealed to provide a fog proof and waterproof construction.
Most enthusiasts recommend this model because it offers a lifetime warranty, which is an added advantage. In addition, it comes with elevation and windage knobs for making adjustments depending on your shooting needs.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty
- It has a unique design
- It comes with an ACSS Cyclops reticle
Monstrum P330 Marksman 3X Prism Scope
The Monstrum P330 Marksman 3X Prism Scope is an excellent hunting scope that comes with a large eye box that allows you to shoot with both eyes open. It is designed for shooting applications where fast target acquisition is important.
It is worth mentioning that the reticle illuminated red or green in three brightness settings. The reticle is glass etched in black, which ensures that you can save your battery during the day.
The lenses are also multi coated to reduce glare. It also ensures that the lenses are protected against scratches, water, or weather. This ensures that you always have a clear unobstructed view.
This scope features a sturdy construction that can withstand powerful recoil and impact. The frame is made from 6061 aluminum, which is durable and lightweight as well. This ensures that the scope will not weigh you down.
We recommend this model because it has a fixed magnification. This means that you do not have to worry about parallax.
- It comes with a huge eye box
- The lenses are fully coated
- It is made from durable materials
Monstrum P332 Raven 3X Prism Scope
The exceptional feature of this model is the high quality glass. It is made with high-quality quartz to ensure you have the sharpest clarity. In addition, the illuminated circle dot reticle offers red and green illumination.
This model will provide you with an eye relief of 3.5-4.5 inches. This might not be sufficient for some users, but it is ideal for fast target shooting.
The compact design of this model ensures that it will not weigh you down when you mount it on your firearm. It also takes less storage space.
We recommend this model because the illuminated reticle works with or without a battery.
- It comes with a two year warranty
- It comes with an illuminated reticle
- It has a 3x fixed magnification power
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Prism Scope
As mentioned earlier, Prism scopes are popular because they are a cheaper alternative to ACOGs, Aimpoints, and red dots. They are very compact and affordable when compared with other LPVO scopes available in the market today. Therefore, you will have plenty of room on your rail.
They provide you with a fixed magnification, which ensures that you can magnify your image to provide you with a larger sight picture. It also increases the distance that your shots will be effective.
Choosing a reliable model can be a daunting task, especially if you are a beginner. This is because of the sheer number of features you need to go through.
In this section, we will highlight some of the important factors you need to consider when buying a prism scope. This will help you to narrow down your search further.
Here are the important factors:
- Durability – It is very important to check on the durability of the red dot you purchase. We recommend buying a red dot scope that has been tested to some of the industry’s highest durability standards. It should be made from high quality materials to ensure it can handle the harshest conditions. The rugged construction will also ensure that it can withstand recoil and impact.
- Warranty – We recommend buying a prism scope that has an excellent warranty. This is important because the company will replace or repair the scope if it suffers any defects. In addition, scopes that come with a warranty are built to withstand harsh conditions.
- Weatherproof Design – We recommend investing in a scope that features a weatherproof design. This allows you to use the scope in almost any climatic condition. We recommend buying a scope with a waterproof and fog proof design.
- Price – When buying any scope it is always advisable to pick one that will provide you with real value for the money you spend. The price should not be an obstacle if the sight fits your shooting requirements.
- Reticle Size – When buying any scope for your firearm, you need to know that smaller reticles are ideal for taking precise shots at longer distances. They cover less area, making them more accurate to the target. However, it can be harder to see in bright daylight when using a scope with a smaller reticle. On the other hand, larger reticles are ideal for beginners because it is easier to use. The only problem is that it can obstruct the target view at a longer distance. We recommend choosing the one that makes shooting comfortable for you.
In today’s guide, we have shared some of the top recommended prism scopes for the money. The options we have shared are packed with many features to ensure you are having the best vision across the entire visual spectrum. They provide a good middle ground option between red dot sights and LPVOs.
We have gone a step further to include some of the aspects you should keep in mind when buying a prism scope. These factors will ensure that you make a well informed decision.
It is important to note that avid enthusiasts recommend the scopes we have shared. This means that you will not make an expensive mistake investing in any model.
We hope that this post helped you to learn more about prism scopes available in the market today.