Table of Contents
The Athlon Optics Midas TSP4 Scope is the perfect go-to when looking for additional magnification to achieve quick target acquisition at both short and medium ranges. It offers excellent versatility and comes with a prism to ensure a crisp, vivid image. This prism-based design also helps in providing the compactness of the scope without compromising the optical quality.
The prism scope features a long focal length; hence can achieve the magnification needed to reach out and touch targets at longer ranges. In addition, the scope is nitrogen-filled for waterproofing performance. It is also fog-proof and shockproof, allowing for reliable use in a myriad of outdoor environments.
Athlon Optics Midas TSP4 Prism Scope Review
Another feature of the TSP4 prism scope is the selectable red/green illuminated reticle with multiple intensity levels to suit different conditions. The reticle is glass etched directly to ensure you have a consistent point-of-aim through the entire shooting process. The reticle remains visible both when the illumination is on and off.
- It is made of aircraft-grade aluminum with great strength and superior mechanical integrity to protect the optics in all environments
- The scope lenses are fully multicoated to effectively reduce reflected light and increase light transmission for brighter images than the regular single coated lenses
- It has a smart power management system that shuts the unit off when inactive for 6 hours. After installation of a new battery, the system sets the illumination automatically to the last used setting
- It has waterproof housing to protect it from harsh weather conditions or when dropped in water.
- The scope has an etched glass reticle that is always visible to provide excellent backing support for complex reticle design. It also offers outstanding durability.
- The multiple adjustable illumination settings provide the best visibility under different ambient light environment
- It is designed with a large 30mm diameter objective lens. It gives you a wide field of view to enjoy beautiful sceneries or capture your targets from a distance
- It is made of solid and durable materials that can withstand rugged use for a lifetime of quality performance
- The scope weighs 16 ounces which makes it easy to manage and carry around
- It is easy to mount with included Picatinny rail mount
Once the scope turns off after 6 hours of no adjustment, it does not switch itself back on, even with movement.
This Midas TSP4 Prism Scope features a one-piece chassis construction that is heat-treated to provide the scope with extra strength and increased durability. The one-piece chassis is also better at keeping moisture out, such that it is nitrogen-purged to ensure your scope is free of fog at any temperature for quality performance.
The chassis is also waterproof to protect the scope in the harshest weather conditions or accidentally submerged underwater.
This prism scope features a robust mechanical system with unique designs on both control and erector systems to ensure you enjoy the ultimate recoil resistance to withstand 600G recoil 1000 times. In addition, it comes with an included Picatinny rail mount compatible with the common bases used in most hunting and tactical rifles.