Are you in the market for the best optic for astigmatism? You are in the right place. In today’s buying guide, we will share some of the best options in the market today. Read on, as we will also share some of the factors you need to keep in mind when buying an optic for astigmatism.
When some enthusiasts use certain scopes, they see a starburst, a smear, or even a double dot. This is because of a condition called astigmatism.
Astigmatism is a common eye condition where the cornea or the lens is irregularly shaped. This condition can be your worst enemy because it prevents light from entering the eye to meet at a single focal point. This is not good, as it results in the vision being distorted.
Some enthusiasts have astigmatism, but they do not know about it. You may think the scope is defective, but it could be a case of mild astigmatism. This condition also affects people with perfect 20/20 vision.
It is important to note that there are some astigmatism friendly scopes available today. The only problem is that it can be difficult to find a reliable model. This is because each scope comes with a different set of features and benefits.
Best Optic for Astigmatism
By the end of this guide, you will be able to find the best optic for astigmatism. It is worth mentioning that the options we have included are packed with many features to take your shooting game to the next level. They will help you to improve your accuracy and precision skills.
The best optic should be fitted with high quality glass to provide you with clear images that are color accurate. In addition, they should be constructed from high-quality materials for strength and rigidity. This ensures that it lasts for a long time, even after repeated use.
Let us get right into it.
Vortex Optics Razor AMG UH-1 – Best Overall
If you are in the market for a holographic sight for astigmatism, the Vortex Optics Razor AMG UH-1 is the best choice for you. This holographic sight is made from high quality materials to provide relentless performance, even after repeated use.
Most enthusiasts recommend this holographic sight because it features one of the best reticles compared to other sights available in the market today. This scope also has zero distortion. This means that you can use the circle and center dot for zeroing your rifle.
It is also easy to make adjustments for long-range shooting.
In addition, it features clear glass to provide you with crisp, sharp images that are color accurate. It is very compact and takes less storage space. You will not have a hard time using this scope.
We recommend this model because it gives EOTech a run for the money. It is shatterproof, fog-proof, scratch resistant, and built like a tank. It also comes with an excellent warranty.
- It can quickly compensate for close quarters
- It features a shatterproof and scratchproof construction
- It is very lightweight
Holosun HS510C 2 MOA DOT – Best Value
The Holosun HS510C 2 MOA DOT is another excellent sight for enthusiasts who have astigmatism. It is solar powered, meaning that you can operate the scope even if the battery is dead.
The unique feature of this model is the reticle. It can switch between 65 MOA circles and 2 MOA dots, or you can switch between 2 MOA dots with the push of a button. This means that both the clarity and reticle of this red dot are impressive.
This model has a battery that can run for about 50,000 hours. In addition, there is the ShakeAwake function. This means it will automatically turn off when not in use and turn on again when it senses movement.
For beginners, the reflex sight is as clear as daylight. In addition, the red markings will not be blurred and provide a spotless sight image.
- It has up to 50,000 battery life
- It is solar-powered
- It has a ShakeAwake function
Vortex Spitfire 3x Prism Scope – Best Prism Scope
If you are searching for a prism scope, the Vortex Spitfire 3x Prism Scope is a solid choice for you. The reticle of the scope is illuminated and features include five intensity settings, allowing you to use the scope in almost any lighting situation.
This scope is housed in a single piece chassis milled from solid aluminum alloy. This ensures that the scope maintains maneuverability and balance after mounting it on your rifle.
The etched reticle ensures a consistent point of aim at all times. In addition, it also comes with a lifetime warranty.
The exceptional feature of this scope is that you can easily adjust the elevation and windage depending on your shooting needs. This helps to eliminate any guesswork in your shooting application.
We recommend this scope because it is waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof.
- It has been nitrogen gas purged to prevent internal fogging
- It includes O-ring seals to guard against moisture and dust
- It includes two Picatinny rails set atop of the scope at 45-degree angles
Primary Arms SLX 1-6×24
The Primary Arms SLX 1-6×24 rifle scope is a low variable powered optic that is ideal for enthusiasts with astigmatism. It is designed in the second focal plane, meaning that the reticle size remains the same across all the magnification levels.
The unique feature of this model is that you can use it effectively in almost any lighting condition. This is because it features a red illumination with 11 different brightness settings. This means that you can use your firearm effectively from dusk until dawn.
This scope will provide you with sufficient eye relief. It also features a forgiving eye box and offers you a wide field of view. This allows you to shoot targets quickly, even with both eyes open.
In addition, bullet drop compensation, wind holds, moving target leads, and range estimation is seamlessly integrated into this powerful scope. This helps to eliminate any guesswork in your shooting applications.
The glass included in this scope is super clear and provides you with crisp images. In addition, it is constructed from a 6063 aluminum alloy to withstand powerful impact and recoil.
We recommend this scope for tactical shooting applications because you can shoot targets quickly, even with both eyes open.
- It features an exclusive, patented Advanced Combined Sighting System (ACSS) 22LR reticle
- It has sufficient eye relief
- The rugged construction ensures it lasts for a long time
Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6×24
The Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6×24 is another astigmatism-friendly scope from Vortex. This scope comes with fully and multiple coated lenses to provide you with crisp vision across all the magnification levels. This allows you to use your rifle effectively, even in low lighting conditions.
The most outstanding feature of this model is the BDC reticle. The reticle features 11 different settings, which allows you to use your rifle effectively in any lighting situation.
The tube is made from aircraft-grade aluminum to ensure that the scope can withstand impact and powerful recoil. It is also O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged to ensure water and fog-proof performance under any circumstances.
We recommend this scope because it comes with a VIP warranty.
- It is an all-weather and all-terrain performance scope
- It is constructed from durable aircraft-grade aluminum
- The O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust, and debris from penetrating
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Scope for Astigmatism
As you have seen, there are many options available in the market today. The only problem is selecting the right scope for the money. This is why we decided to include this section in this buying guide.
In this section, we will share some of the important factors you need to consider when shopping for the best optic for astigmatism. The main aim of this section is to help you narrow down your search.
Let us look at some of the factors you need to consider.
- Durability – The scope you buy should be constructed from high-quality materials to ensure its longevity. This ensures that they last for a very long time and can withstand powerful recoil generated from firing rifles.
- Warranty – It is important to check the warranty of the scope you buy. Popular brands like vortex and Leupold offer outstanding warranties on most of their products. This ensures that your scope is fixed or replaced if it suffers any damage.
- Reticle – We recommend checking the reticle of the scope you purchase. Large reticles are great for low-light shooting applications. On the other hand, thinner reticles allow you to be more precise but are difficult to use in low-light conditions. However, this entirely depends on your shooting application.
- High-Quality Glass – It is important to buy a scope that features high-quality glass. The lens should be coated to improve light transmission and protect the lens from scratches to provide an unobstructed field of view. This will ensure that you do not miss any target.
- Ease of Use – We highly recommend buying a scope that is easy to use, especially if you are a beginner. It should be easy to make adjustments depending on your shooting applications. In addition, you should be able to mount it on your rifle.
- Magnification – It is important to buy a scope with ample magnification for hunting. It is important to buy a scope with variable magnification. It should provide clear images at varying distances, which ensures that you do not miss any target.
- Weatherproofing – It is important to purchase a waterproof scope that can handle everything nature throws at it. In addition, you should be able to use your scope in a wide range of temperatures.
- Eye Relief – If you are an avid hunter, you know how important it is to buy a scope with enough eye relief. This allows you to shoot comfortably, especially for long-range shooting applications. A distance of 3.5 inches and 4.5 inches is favorable for most hunting applications.
- Versatility – We highly recommend purchasing a versatile scope that is ideal for both hunting and tactical shooting applications. This will allow you to use it on another rifle. This is important if you have a large collection of firearms.
In summary, we have shared some of the best optics for astigmatism. If you have this condition, it is important to invest in a holographic sight, prism sight, or the Low Power Variable Optics (LPVOs) we have shared in this guide.
These scopes will help you to have the best shooting experience if you have astigmatism. However, it is important to note that this condition varies from person to person.
Therefore, if the scope you buy does not work out, you can always return it to Amazon within 30 days. It is worth mentioning that the scopes we have shared are compatible with many rifles available today.
We hope that his post helped you to find a reliable scope for the money.