Table of Contents
- 1 Best Illuminated Hunting Scope
- 1.1 Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 5-25X56 FFP Rifle Scope – Best Overall
- 1.2 Athlon Argos BTR 6-24×50 – Best Illuminated Long Range Scope Under $500
- 1.3 Vortex Optics Crossfire II 3-12×56 AO Hog Hunter Rifle Scope
- 1.4 Primary Arms 4-16x44mm Illuminated Mil-Dot
- 1.5 Trijicon ACOG 4X32 Dual Illuminated Rifle Scope
- 2 Factors to Consider When Shopping for the Best Illuminated Hunting Scope
- 3 Conclusion
Do you want to mount the best illuminated hunting scope on your rifle? In today’s post, we will discuss the features of the top-recommended options available today.
Read on, as we will also highlight some of the important factors you need to keep in mind when shopping for an illuminated scope. This post will help you to make a well-informed purchase.
To have the best target acquisition, you need to use an illuminated reticle. If you do a quick search, you will find many brands selling illuminated scopes.
However, not all of them are made specifically for hunting. This makes it a challenging task to wade through thousands of models to find the right scope for your rifle.
It is important to note that we have hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge to help you navigate the minefield. This is why we created this informative buying guide to help you narrow down your search.
We have thoroughly researched the various options available. All you need to do is select one depending on your shooting requirements. They also have the best price to performance ratio.
Best Illuminated Hunting Scope
The best illuminated scope should provide you with clear vision across the magnification levels. It should also allow you to use your rifle effectively in low lighting conditions.
In addition, the lenses should be fully multi-coated to further enhance the image quality. This ensures that you always have a clear unobstructed view.
However, it is important to first define your shooting requirements. This will make the overall selection process easy.
Let us get right into it.
Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 5-25X56 FFP Rifle Scope – Best Overall
The best illuminated hunting scope is the Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 5-25X56. It features a 5-25x magnification ideal for hitting targets at different ranges. In addition, the large 56 mm objective lens enhances the image quality in low lighting conditions.
The illuminated reticle makes it very easy even for beginners to acquire the target. This means that you can use your gun effectively in any lighting situation.
It is also important to note that your purchase comes with easy-to-use knobs for making adjustments without leaving your shooting position. In addition, the fast focus dial makes it super quick to focus the sights.
It includes a rapid zero return feature that stops the turret from dialing below the sight-in range. In addition, it features a hard-anodized finish that provides a low-glare matte surface. This helps to conceal your shooting position.
- It includes extra-low dispersion glass that ensures you have a crisp image.
- It is constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and rigidity.
- The O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust, and debris from penetrating.
Athlon Argos BTR 6-24×50 – Best Illuminated Long Range Scope Under $500
If you are on the market for an illuminated long-range scope under $500, the Athlon Argos BTR 6-24×50 is a solid choice for you. This scope is affordable, but it features quality construction to ensure it provides a relentless performance even after repeated use.
The magnification of this scope allows you to hit targets that are beyond 1000 yards. This allows you to use it for different long-range shooting applications.
It also features a large 50 mm objective lens. It lets in maximum brightness, allowing you to use it in low lighting conditions.
In addition, the XLP coating protects the lens from dirt, grease, water, and any other foreign material. This ensures that you always have a clear unobstructed view.
- It is made of aircraft quality aluminum
- It features a fully multi-coated optical lens
- It has an XPL coating to protect the lens from foreign materials
Vortex Optics Crossfire II 3-12×56 AO Hog Hunter Rifle Scope
The Vortex Optics Crossfire II 3-12×56 AO is a great scope for hog hunting. This scope features a larger than normal 56 mm objective lens that offers a wide field of view.
It is worth mentioning that you can even widen it from 3 to 56 times. This allows you to use your rifle effectively in any lighting condition.
This scope features a sturdy construction that has built its reputation for a very long time. It can withstand powerful recoil and impact even after continuous use.
In addition, it features high-quality optics that are multi-coated. The optics included are made with an anti-reflective coating for eye protection and bright illumination for hunting in the dark. This allows you to get the best shooting experience in any lighting condition.
We recommend this scope because its reticle is illuminated. It also comes with a high-quality optical system.
- The O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust, and debris from penetrating the scope
- The argon gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures
- Its rugged construction can withstand recoil and impact
Primary Arms 4-16x44mm Illuminated Mil-Dot
The Primary Arms 4-16x44mm is an affordable scope that comes with an illuminated Mil-Dot reticle. The lightweight design of this scope will not weigh you down, making it an excellent scope for hunting expeditions that will last for a long time.
This scope features a unique design that will compliment any hunting rifle. The ACSS Orion reticle is patented for deer hunting and other game because it offers precise aiming points compared to other scopes within this price range.
This scope comes with a variable magnification range of 4-16x, which is perfect for most shooting applications. The reticle ensures that you get clear images that are color accurate.
The durable construction of this scope ensures that it will last for a very long time. It is constructed from high-quality materials to ensure it is waterproof, shockproof, and fog proof.
- It features a fast-focus eyepiece
- It features rugged construction that ensures it lasts for a long time
- It comes with a durable ACSS Orion reticle
Trijicon ACOG 4X32 Dual Illuminated Rifle Scope
If you are searching for an illuminated scope, the Trijicon ACOG 4X32 Dual Illuminated Rifle Scope is a solid choice for you. It comes with a 4x magnification combined with a 32 mm objective lens.
Most enthusiasts recommend this scope because it utilizes the Bindon Aiming Concept. This means that the scope comes with a dual led illuminated reticle that can be used in any lighting condition.
This powerful scope provides you with the accuracy and precision you need when firing a hunting rifle. This is because it is illuminated, allowing you to use it in different lighting conditions.
The horseshoe reticle fitted can compensate for ballistics up to 800 meters. This makes it an excellent choice for close-range shooting as it has 2 MOA.
- It comes with a battery-free illumination system
- It features durable construction that will last for a long time
- It can be used in almost any lighting condition
Factors to Consider When Shopping for the Best Illuminated Hunting Scope
It is worth mentioning that most hunting activities are done during dusk and dawn. This is why it is advisable to invest in a reliable illuminated scope to help you acquire targets. An illuminated scope will help you to improve your precision and accuracy skills in low lighting conditions.
However, here are some of the important factors you need to keep in mind when shopping for the best illuminated hunting scope:
- Lens Coating – The scope you buy should include proprietary coatings if you want to see a clear image across all the magnification levels. These coatings also help to reduce glare and loss of light caused by reflection.
- Brightness and Clarity – It is important to purchase a scope that will provide you with clear images across all the magnification levels. This is very important for a hunter or shooter, especially during dusk or dawn when the lighting is minimal.
- Magnification – You must ensure the riflescope you purchase provides you with ample magnification. This allows you to use your rifle effectively at varying distances. This is one of the important requirements you need to define
- Weatherproofing – We recommend purchasing a waterproof scope that can handle everything nature throws at it. You should be able to use your scope in foggy conditions.
- Eye Relief – It is important to check the distance between the sighting tool and your eye. We highly recommend purchasing a scope with enough eye relief, which can be adjusted based on the magnification. This helps to prevent a black eye from heavy recoil generated.
- Durability – It is important to buy a scope constructed from durable materials to ensure its longevity. This ensures that they last for a very long time. In addition, durable scopes can withstand powerful recoil and impact, even after continuous use.
- Warranty – We recommend buying a scope with a good warranty. This ensures that your scope is fixed if it suffers any damage. You also need to ensure that the company you buy from offers reliable customer service.
- Parallax – Parallax is one of those things that are easier to see than explanation. Essentially, this is because you change the angle of view, so the crosshairs move (even if the scope and rifle are stationary). This happens when your POV and the scope’s POV are not perfectly aligned.
- Mounting – It is important to note that you need to buy a scope that is very easy to mount. However, the scopes featured in this buying guide are very easy to use and you can mount them with minimal effort.
In summary, we have reviewed the best illuminated hunting scopes available today. As you have seen, they are loaded with impressive features to help you hone your precision and accuracy skills.
It is important to note that the illuminated crosshair scope may be heavier and more expensive than ordinary non-illuminated scopes. However, this should not affect your purchase if you want to get the best vision in low lighting conditions.
Now, it is up to you to select the right scope based on your shooting requirements.