Table of Contents
- 1 Best Illuminated Reticle Scope for Hunting
- 2 5 Best Illuminated Reticle Scopes For Hunting
- 3 Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Illuminated Reticle Scope for Hunting
- 4 Conclusion
If you are on the market for the best illuminated reticle scope for hunting, you are in the right place. In today’s buying guide, we will review the best options available in the market today. Read on, as we will also share some of the important factors you need to consider when buying the best illuminated reticle scope for hunting.
If you are a hunting enthusiast, you know that it is important to invest in a sturdy scope for your rifle. In addition, you need a scope that makes the process of aiming at your target a lot easier. This means that you do not need a regular scope.
It is important to note that there are many hunting rifles available on the market today. They are available in different barrel lengths, calibers, and add ons. This means that there is a wide selection of rifles available for these rifles.
Best Illuminated Reticle Scope for Hunting
Most hunters recommend illuminated reticles because they have the best target acquisition in almost any lighting situation.
This is very important in any hunting expeditions, which mostly occur at dusk or dawn.
If you do a quick search on the internet, you will find that there are many illuminated scopes available at different prices.
You may be overwhelmed with the choices because there are many factors to consider like magnification, objective lens, and durability. This is why we created this guide to help you narrow down your search.
5 Best Illuminated Reticle Scopes For Hunting
The best illuminated reticle scope for hunting depends on your shooting needs. This is why it is important to first define your requirements to make the selection process easy, especially if you are a beginner.
The scope you buy should also offer you a decent magnification range. It should provide you with crisp images because the entire goal of having a scope is to help you shoot more accurately.
In addition, the single piece tube should be made from durable aluminum to ensure longevity. The other important feature you need to consider is the power source, intensity levels of the reticle, and overall design.
Let us look at the best illuminated reticles for hunting applications.
Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 5-25X56 FFP Rifle Scope – Best Overall
The best illuminated scope for hunting rifles is the Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 5-25X56. It is constructed from aircraft grade aluminum for durability. In addition, it will deliver value for each buck you spend because it is packed with many exceptional features found in premium scopes.
This powerful scope is specifically designed to provide you with the best performance even for different ranges. This is because you are provided with three different magnification settings to choose from. You can use it for long, medium, or close range shooting applications.
The unique feature of this scope is the illuminated reticle. This reticle makes it very easy even for beginners to acquire the target, even if it is moving.
This scope comes with easy to use knobs for making and adjustments without leaving your shooting position. In addition, the fast focus dial makes it super quick to focus the sights.
The O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust, and debris from penetrating. It also includes a rapid zero return feature that stops the turret from dialing below sight-in range.
However, this scope does not have a 1x magnification setting.
- It includes extra-low dispersion glass that ensures you have a crisp image
- It is constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and rigidity
- It features a hard-anodized finish that provides a low-glare matte surface
Athlon Optics Argos BTR 6-24×50 – Best Value
If you are looking for an affordable long range scope with an illuminated reticle, the Athlon Optics Argos BTR 6-24×50 is an excellent choice for you. This scope is constructed from quality materials to provide reliable performance each time you use it.
The most outstanding feature of this scope is the reticle. It is fitted in the first focal plane and features an illumination technology that allows you to use your rifle effectively in dim conditions.
The 0.5 mil hashmark of this scope makes it easy to aim targets, even if you are a beginner. In addition, this scope comes with a 50mm objective lens. This allows you to use your rifle effectively because the objective lens is an additional factor for clear vision.
This scope provides you with enlarged images across the magnification levels for clarity. This ensures that you do not miss any target when you are in the field.
The weatherproof construction allows you to use this scope in different weather and temperature conditions. It also features an XPL coating to protect the lens from dirt, grease, water, and any other foreign material.
Overall, this great scope will deliver value for each buck you spend.
- It is made of aircraft quality aluminum
- It features fully multicoated optical lens
- It has an XPL coating to protect the lens from foreign materials
Primary Arms SLX 4-14x44mm FFP Rifle Scope
The Primary Arms SLX 4-14x44mm is another excellent illuminated scope that is very affordable. This scope will provide you with a variable magnification of 4-14x. This magnification is perfect for most shooting applications.
Most hunting enthusiasts recommend this powerful scope because of the ACSS Orion reticle. This reticle is patented for deer hunting and other game because it offers precise aiming points compared to other scopes.
The reticle fitted on this scope will provide you with the flexibility you need for most hunting applications. This is because it will provide you with clear images that are color accurate. In addition, it allows you to acquire a target and maintain focus, even if it is moving.
The lightweight design of this scope will not weigh you down. It also has an appealing design that will complement your favorite hunting rifle.
This scope is worth the investment because of its durable construction. It is made from high quality materials to ensure it is waterproof, shockproof, and fog proof. This means that it will last for a long time compared to other scopes within the same price range.
- It features a fast focus eyepiece
- It features a rugged construction that ensures it lasts for a long time
- It comes with a durable ACSS Orion reticle
Trijicon ACOG 4X32 Dual Illuminated Rifle Scope
If you are searching for an illuminated reticle scope with a fixed magnification, the Trijicon ACOG 4X32 is a great choice for you. This powerful scope provides you with the accuracy and precision you need when firing a hunting rifle.
This scope is constructed from a durable aluminum alloy. This ensures that it lasts for a long time, even after continuous use.
The exceptional feature of this scope is the horseshoe reticle fitted on this scope. It can compensate for ballistics up to 800 meters, which makes it an excellent choice for close-range shooting as it has 2 MOA.
The other unique feature is that this scope utilizes the Bindon Aiming Concept. This means that the scope comes with a dual led illuminated reticle that can be used in any lighting condition.
In addition, the scope comes with fiber optics, which is perfect for daytime use. It also comes with a tritium material that creates its own light, which allows you to use your rifle in dimly lit environments.
- It comes with a battery free illumination system
- It features a durable construction that will last for a long time
- It can be used in almost any lighting condition
Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6×24 Riflescope
The Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6×24 is a durable scope that is perfect for honing your target acquisition skills if you are a beginner. Most hunters recommend this scope because it includes an illuminated center dot that provides a precise point-of-aim in all lighting conditions.
The premium extra-low dispersion glass delivers the ultimate in resolution and color fidelity. This results in high-definition images.
In addition, the anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces provide maximum light transmission for peak clarity and the pinnacle of low-light performance.
The most outstanding feature of this scope is the APO optical system that increases the image quality. The high density and low dispersion glass provide a stunning picture each time you use it.
It is important to note that it comes with high quality glass that provides the best picture across all magnification levels. This makes it an ideal choice for target shooting, tactical shooting, or hunting applications.
- It provides you with clear images even at the highest magnification levels
- It comes with a mechanism for preventing accidental adjustments
- It comes with a 4-inch sunshade
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Illuminated Reticle Scope for Hunting
When shopping for the best illuminated scope, you need to ensure it is compatible with your shooting needs. In addition, it should have more than just an illuminated reticle.
In this section, we will share the important features you need to look out for when buying an illuminated reticle scope. The main aim of this section is to help you narrow down your search further.
Here are some of the important features you need to consider:
- High-Quality Glass – It is important to buy a scope that features high quality glass. The lens should be coated to improve light transmission and protect the lens from scratches to provide an unobstructed field of view. This will ensure that you do not miss any target.
- Durability – The scope you buy should be constructed from high quality materials to ensure its longevity. This ensures that they last for a very long time and can withstand powerful recoil generated from firing hunting rifles.
- Magnification – It is important to buy a scope with ample magnification for hunting. It is important to buy a scope with variable magnification. It should provide clear images at varying distances, which ensures that you do not miss any target.
- Eye Relief – If you are an avid hunter, you know how important it is to buy a scope with enough eye relief. This allows you to shoot comfortably, especially for long range shooting applications. A distance of 3.5 inches and 4.5 inches is favorable for most hunting applications.
- Weatherproofing – It is important to purchase a waterproof scope that can handle everything nature throws at it. In addition, you should be able to use your scope in a wide range of temperatures.
- Ease of Use – We highly recommend buying a scope that is easy to use, especially if you are a beginner. It should be easy to make adjustments depending on your shooting applications. In addition, you should be able to mount it on your rifle.
- Reticle – We recommend checking the reticle of the scope you purchase. Large reticles are great for low light shooting applications. On the other hand, thinner reticles allow you to be more precise but are difficult to use in low light conditions. However, this entirely depends on your shooting application.
- Versatility – We highly recommend purchasing a versatile scope that is ideal for both hunting and tactical shooting applications. This will allow you to use it on another rifle. This is important if you have a large collection of firearms.
- Warranty – It is important to check the warranty of the scope you buy. Popular brands like vortex and Leupold offer outstanding warranties on most of their products. This ensures that your scope is fixed or replaced if it suffers any damage.
By now, we are sure that you have selected the best illuminated reticle scope for hunting applications. The scopes we have shared are compatible with most hunting rifles available in the market today.
As mentioned earlier, we highly recommend that you first define your requirements to make the selection process easy. This will ensure you do not make the expensive mistake of buying a scope that is not compatible with your hunting rifle.
The scopes included on this list have a high quality construction, and they will last for a very long time. They can also handle powerful recoil generated from firing a hunting rifle.
We hope that this post helped you to learn more about illuminated reticles.