If you are in the market looking for the best scope for Bergara B14 HMR 308, we’ve got you covered. In today’s post, we will review some of the top-recommended options available in the market today. We will also share some of the vital factors you need to keep in mind when buying a scope for the Bergara B14 HMR 308.
Before you jump to the reviews, let us learn more about the Bergara B14 HMR (Hunting and Match Rifle). It is a long-range precision rifle made for competition shooting and hunting applications.
Most enthusiasts recommend this rifle because it features a mini-chassis molded into the stock. This gives the rifle repeatable bedding and accuracy.
This rifle uses a 5-round detachable magazine and features QD flush cups in the stock. This allows for easy attachment and detachment of slings.
You will not make a mistake buying this rifle because it features a level of craftsmanship that is better than other production hunting rifles. It is very easy to source accessories because its design is based on the Remington 700 S/A footprint.
If you want to get the most out of the Bergara B14 HMR it is important to invest in the best scope to help you hone your precision and accuracy skills. This is why we created this guide to help you make a well-informed purchase.
Best Scope for Bergara B14 HMR 308
By the end of this guide, you will find a reliable scope for the Bergara B14 HMR 308. Each scope comes with its own set of features and benefits. All you need to do is pick the scope that fits your shooting requirements.
It is important to note that we checked other top reviews and recommendations when creating this guide. You will not be making a mistake investing in any model we have shared in this guide.
Let us get right into it.1
NightForce SHV 5-20X56 Rifle Scope – Best Overall
The best scope for the Bergara B14 HMR 308 is the NightForce SHV 5-20X56 Riflescope. SHV stands for Shooter, Hunter, Varminter. This means that it is ideal for long-range game hunting, varmint hunting, target shooting, and tactical use.
It features a high magnification of 5-20x ideal for hitting targets that are at extended ranges. It also features a large 56 mm to provide maximum brightness, making the images clear in low lighting conditions.
The exceptional feature of this scope is the illuminated MOAR reticle. This reticle allows you to hit targets accurately even in low light conditions. This makes it ideal for long-range hunting applications that take place at dusk or dawn.
This scope is made of high-quality materials to ensure it lasts for a long time even after repeated use. This ensures that the scope provides reliable performance in different weather conditions. This is because of the waterproof, fog-proof, and shockproof construction.
The only downside is that it is a bit expensive. However, the price should not be an obstacle, if it fits your shooting requirements.
- It features a 56 mm objective lens for ultimate low light performance
- It features a side focus for parallax adjustment
- It will provide you with high-quality images
Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10x40mm Riflescope – Best Scope for Bergara B14 HMR 308 [ Best Value]
The Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10x40mm is an excellent predator hunting scope that is loaded with many impressive features. It has a lightweight construction, which will not weigh you down when hunting.
It comes with uncapped turrets, which have great functionality. This scope also features Leupold’s legendary Twilight Max Light Management System. This system offers you a clear view, even when hunting at dusk or dawn.
The lenses are coated to protect them from scratches and dust particles. It also comes with uncapped turrets, which have great functionality.
The generous eye relief across all the magnification levels helps to protect your eyes from the recoil generated. It also helps to reduce eyestrain.
Beginners will not have a hard time using this scope because you will not be distracted by any reticle markings when focusing on targets.
- It comes with an excellent lifetime warranty.
- It is constructed from durable materials to ensure longevity.
- It is very lightweight.
Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25X50 Riflescope – Best Premium Scope
The Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25X50 is another excellent premium long-range scope that will take your shooting game to the next level. It comes with an illuminated reticle to provide precise aiming under low-light conditions. This allows you to use the gun for hunting at dusk and dawn.
The extra-low dispersion glass increases resolution and color fidelity, resulting in crisp, sharp images. The lenses are also coated to increase light transmission. The anti-reflective coatings also help to enhance the image quality.
It comes with a first focus focal illuminated reticle that is designed to improve shooting accuracy even in low light conditions. It also comes with floating wind hold dots for ranging, holdover, and windage corrections to eliminate any guesswork in your shooting applications.
The precision force spring system uses premium components to ensure maximum repeatability and ease of adjustment. This makes it ideal for hunting or target practice.
We recommend this scope because it is backed up by a VIP warranty.
- It features a precision force spring system
- It is backed up by a VIP warranty
- It features a hard-anodized finish that provides a low-glare matte surface
Vortex Diamondback 4-12×40 Riflescope
The Vortex Diamondback 4-12×40 is constructed from durable aircraft-grade aluminum to ensure that it lasts for a long time. The durable construction is ideal for a wide range of high recoil rifles like the AR-15.
The exceptional feature of this scope is the precision glide erector system that ensures the components in the zoom lens mechanism glide smoothly and cleanly through all magnification ranges.
It also includes proprietary coatings that increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
The precision glide erector system ensures that ensures the components in the zoom lens mechanism glide smoothly and cleanly through all magnification ranges.
The excellent eyepiece allows for quick and easy refocusing. The metal-on-metal precision turrets will enable you to zero resets after a sight-in.
- The highly durable hard-coat anodization provides a low-glare matte surface
- It features a Dead-Hold BDC reticle that helps to eliminate any guesswork
- You can operate it in a wide range of temperatures
Vortex Optics Crossfire II 6-24×50 AO BDC (MOA) Riflescope
The Vortex Optics Crossfire II 6-24×50 AO BDC (MOA) is an affordable long-range scope that is loaded with features that are mostly found in premium-level scopes. It features a high magnification of 6-24x combined with a large objective lens of 50 mm to let in maximum brightness.
In addition, the lenses are fully multi-coated. This allows you to use it in a wide range of lighting applications. It also comes with an impressive zoom of 24x, making it a perfect choice for the 7 mm Magnum.
The quick focus eyepiece is ideal for a wide range of shooting applications. You can use it for hunting game or tactical shooting.
The exceptional feature of this model is the Dead-Hold BDC reticle. It will help you shoot accurately at different ranges where estimating the holdover is an issue. It helps to eliminate any guesswork in your shooting applications.
- It is constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum
- It has sufficient eye relief
- The adjustable lenses eliminate parallax
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Scope for Bergara B14 HMR 308
As you have seen, many scopes are compatible with the Bergara B14 HMR 308. They will help you to hone your precision and accuracy skills at close to extended ranges.
The only problem is choosing the best model. This is because there are many factors you need to keep in mind before making a purchase. This is why we decided to include these factors in this section to help you make a well-informed purchase.
Here are the important features:
- Reticle – It is important to check the reticle of the scope you purchase. Large reticles are great for low-light shooting applications. On the other hand, thinner reticles allow you to be more precise but are difficult to use in low-light conditions. However, this entirely depends on your shooting application.
- Durability – The scope you buy should be constructed from high-quality materials for strength and rigidity. This ensures that they last for a very long time and can withstand the powerful recoil generated from firing the Bergara B14 HMR 308.
- High-Quality Glass – When buying a scope for the 308 Savage Axis, it is important to buy a scope that features high-quality glass. The lens fitted on the scope should be coated to improve light transmission and protect the lens from scratches to provide an unobstructed field of view. This will ensure that you do not miss any target
- Lens Coating – The lens coatings are very important for light transmission especially when hunting in low light conditions. The scope you buy should include proprietary coatings if you want to see a clear image across all the magnification levels. These coatings also help to reduce glare and loss of light caused by reflection.
- Weatherproofing – We highly recommend buying a waterproof scope that can handle everything nature throws at it. In addition, you should be able to use your scope in a wide range of temperatures.
- Versatility – We highly recommend buying a versatile scope that is ideal for both hunting and tactical shooting applications. This will allow you to use it on another rifle. This is important if you have a large arsenal of firearms.
- Ease of Use – The scope you buy should be very easy to use, especially if you are a beginner. It should be easy to make adjustments depending on your shooting applications. In addition, you should be able to mount it on your rifle.
- Warranty – It is important to buy a scope that comes with an excellent warranty. This ensures that the company repairs or replaces the scope if it has any defects.
In summary, we have reviewed some of the best scopes for Bergara B14 HMR 308. The options we have shared are loaded with impressive features to help you improve your overall shooting experience.
These models are loaded with many impressive features to assist you in hitting targets that are at different ranges. They are fitted with high-quality glass to provide you with clear images that are color accurate.
In addition, the lenses are coated to enhance the image quality. It ensures that you always have a clear unobstructed view across all the magnification levels.
If you are still having a hard time selecting the best scope, we recommend buying the Vortex Viper PST 5-25×50 Riflescope or the Nightforce SHV 5-20×56. They are both reliable scopes ideal for hitting targets at extended ranges.
However, your choice should depend on your shooting requirements. This ensures that you do not make the expensive mistake of investing in a model that does not suit your shooting needs.
- Best Leupold Scopes for 17 HMR » 17 HMR Leupold Scopes
- Top 5 Best Night Vision Scope For 17 HMR
- Top  Best Vortex Scopes for 17 HMR » [Best 17HMR Scopes]
- Top 10 Best Long Range Scope Under 500 Dollars