The X-Treme Duty Nightforce Direct Mount is designed with very few moving parts, making it more reliable and up to 45% lighter in weight than traditional mounting systems. In this Nightforce X-Treme duty rings review we highlight the features, pros, and cons of Nightforce X-Treme Duty 20 MOA 30mm Direct Mount Fits Rem 700 SA/LA.
The Remington mount features a direct mount one-piece system that easily mounts directly to Remington 700 short or long actions, ensures true alignment and maximum strength for precision shooting.
Nightforce X-Treme Duty Rings Review
It combines a high-quality CNC machined base and an integrated ring design made from 7075-T6 hard anodized aluminum to ensure great strength with minimal weight. The mount has a direct 20 MOA taper which maximizes internal scope adjustment and long-range capability.
Just like other mounts from Nightforce, this mount also has an integral recoil lug to prevent base movement or stress on the screws that attach it to the receiver during recoil.
The Nightforce 30mm 20MOA Direct Mount eliminates alignment concerns and any need for lapping or cants. This makes the entire mounting process simpler and faster.
- Nightforce X-Treme Duty 20 MOA 30mm Direct Mount Fits Rem 700 SA/LA has high quality and sturdy, quality fit and finish
- The mount includes the 7075-T6 hard-anodized aluminum base and rings that are CNC machined to precise tolerances for strength and durability
- Nightforce X-Treme Duty 20 MOA 30mmDirect Mount Fits Rem 700 SA/LAt is quite reliable, thanks to the few moving parts and the its lightweight nature which makes it up to 45% lighter than traditional mounting systems.
- This Direct Mount one-piece system is compatible with Remington 700 short or long actions
- It has a recoil lug to prevent movement once mounted
- It has a 20 MOA taper that maximizes internal scope adjustment and long-range capability
- Base Screws: 25 in-lb. Cap Screws: 25 in-lb.
- This mount helps to simplify the scope mounting process and eliminates ring problems
- The mount’s lightweight one-piece design ensures that your rifle is not too bulky to hinder free movement and usage
- This tool is well streamlined, without big bolts or nuts hanging off the side of the rings
- Nightforce X-Treme Duty 20 MOA 30mm Direct Mount Fits Rem 700 SA/LA does not need any bedding
- It is solid and simple to install
- The price is very high compared to most other bases. It is however worth the price for someone with no budget limitations
- Some scopes will not fit without some material removal at the area where the power ring comes into close proximity to the base
The Nightforce X-Treme Duty 20 MOA 30mm Direct Mount is the ultimate weight saver. It ensures that you enjoy the best of your rifle and scope with minimal fatigue. This allows you to easily move around with total control of the rifle during hunting.
As in other mounts of the same brand, the X-Treme Direct mount is made with high-quality aluminum material that is able to withstand the heavy recoil of Remington 700. This is also important when considering the weatherproofing features. It is well-sealed to prevent fog and water from getting into the interiors.
Despite being a bit pricier than other mounts you might come across in the market, this direct mount is worth every penny.