Table of Contents
- 1 Remington 700
- 2 Best Aftermarket Stock for Remington 700
- 3 Magpul Hunter 700L Remington 700 Long Action Stock – [ Best Remington 700 Stock – Long Action ]
- 4 Hogue 70201 Remington 700 BDL Long Action OverMolded Stock
- 5 Bell & Carlson – Remington 700 SA BDL Target/Competition Stock
- 6 H-S Precision – REM 700 SA Varmint Stock Sporter
- 7 McMillan Remington Hunter
- 8 Manners PRS1
- 9 Grayboe, LLC – Remington 700 Outlander BDL Long Action Stocks
- 10 Magpul Hunter 700 Remington 700 Short Action Stock – [ Best Remington 700 Stock – Short Action ]
- 12 Features to Consider Before Buying a Remington 700 Stock
- 13 Conclusion
Are you looking for the best aftermarket stock for Remington 700? In this post, I share with you the best Remington 700 stock available on the market today. When you have a good stock for Remington 700, you can be guaranteed you will get the best out of this incredible rifle.
The Remington 700 was introduced to the shooting public in 1962. It is one of the most popular bolt-action rifles of all time, which comes with a particular reputation. Most hunters recommend this rifle because it is constructed from durable materials. It can also be found in the arsenal of the military or police.
Even after over 50 years of production, you can still customize it because the parts are available. This means that it is possible to switch out the stock or the trigger.
Remington 700 Stocks
If you own a Remington 700 rifle, the felt recoil of their rifle is noticeable, especially when taking repeated shots. This is why you need the best quality Remington 700 stocks to replace your original. This will help to reduce the recoil because they have thick buttpads to maximize shock absorption. There are also models with adjustable cheekpieces depending on your shooting requirements.
Stocks are available for both short or long-action Remington 700s. Most shooters are comfortable with fixed stock compared to adjustable stocks.
However, there are many stocks available on the market today and this makes it very challenging to find one. You might be overwhelmed with the choices, but we will help you narrow down your search.
Best Aftermarket Stock for Remington 700
In today’s buying guide, we will share out top recommendations of the best aftermarket stock for Remington 700 for the money. However, before we proceed, it is important to note that there are three types of Remington stocks:
- Wood Stock: Strong with medium weight.
- Laminate Stock: Equally strong but a lot heavier.
- Synthetic: Strongest while being fairly lightweight
Which is the Best Remington 700 Stock?
The best stocks are synthetic. Synthetic stocks are ideal for hunting in harsh climatic conditions. This is because they are resistant to moisture, making them suitable for camo paint jobs.
Let us now look at the best options with a great price to performance ratio.
Magpul Hunter 700L Remington 700 Long Action Stock – [ Best Remington 700 Stock – Long Action ]
It is worth mentioning that it is a true drop-in with an aluminum bedding block. In addition, it is compatible with M-LOK accessories if desired.
This stock is intended for both hunting and tactical use and is compatible with standard Remington 700-pattern rifles. It also offers enhanced ergonomics of a steeply angled pistol grip.
The bolt-action magazine allows your rifle to be used with detachable box magazines. Overall, this brand fails to disappoint shooters because of the affordable products they offer.
- It features a bolt-action magazine.
- It is compatible with Remington 700 short and long actions.
- It allows you to adjust the length of the pull and cheek riser kit.
Hogue 70201 Remington 700 BDL Long Action OverMolded Stock
It is worth mentioning that most of the shooters who have used it reported a recoil reduction. The full-on design can fit any Remington 700 rifle available on the market today. It includes aluminum pillar beds that portray a free-floating barrel for maximum accuracy.
In addition, the rubber coating is textured in non-slip rubber, known as Hogue’s unique cobblestone pattern.
- It comes with Uncle Mike’s swivel studs.
- The cobblestone pattern is specifically made for rugged use.
- It is very easy to install without any gunsmith intervention.
Bell & Carlson – Remington 700 SA BDL Target/Competition Stock
Once you install it, you will be able to shoot accurate shots each time. This is because it allows you to gain control over their rifle, even over extended ranges.
Furthermore, the polymer finish gives your rifle an extra layer of protection. It also features an ergonomic design to enhance accuracy and maximize our rifle’s performance and overall handling.
It is ideal for target shooters and competitive shooters.
- It is equipped with dual front sling studs.
- It is ideal for both right and left-handed shooters.
- It comes with an adjustable cheekpiece.
H-S Precision – REM 700 SA Varmint Stock Sporter
The aluminum bedding block is blended with aramid fiber for exceptional strength and stability. This allows you to use your rifle even in the harshest weather conditions.
This high-tech synthetic stock is very lightweight because it is hollow. However, it is important to note that it comes with Uncle Mike’s Ultra-Mag Recoil Pad and Uncle Mike’s Sling Swivel Studs.
- It is lightweight and durable
- It comes with a full-length aluminum chassis
- It comes with Uncle Mike’s Ultra-Mag Recoil Pad and Uncle Mike’s Sling Swivel Studs.
McMillan Remington Hunter
In addition, it is lightweight, allowing you to store and transport it to the range easily. It only weighs two pounds.
This stock is available in over 20 different color schemes. This means that you can select a stock that blends with your surroundings to hide your shooting position.
It is worth mentioning that you can order the Hunter stock with no in letting, semi-inlet, or full inlet. This means that you will have a variety of options to choose from for your hunting rifle.
- It features a lightweight design.
- It comes in over 20 different color schemes.
- It comes with a Monte Carlo cheekpiece.
This stock comes with an adjustable cheekpiece. This means that you will have a comfortable shooting position. In addition, it comes with a hook on the buttstock to allow precise control of the rifle. This can help you to hone your rifle handling skills.
It also comes with a wide and flat forearm that helps you with shooting off barricades.
It is worth mentioning that the price is a little steep. However, if it fits your shooting requirements, it should not be an obstacle for you. It is a good investment for any serious hunter or tactical shooter.
- It comes with a hook on the buttstock for precision.
- It comes with an adjustable cheekpiece.
- It is made from hand-laid carbon and fiberglass.
Grayboe, LLC – Remington 700 Outlander BDL Long Action Stocks
Once the butt pad is attached, the buttstock is pretty comfortable because your shoulders will not have to deal with repeated amounts of abuse. This feature makes this stock a perfect choice for beginners.
This stock will make your favorite rifle look aesthetically sharp. It is constructed from a high-quality polymer that will last for a very long time. However, we recommend cleaning your rifle regularly. This will help avoid any oils or solvent spills that may damage the stock.
The Grayboe stock comes with an aluminum pillar bedding that securely holds your rifle in place. However, you should note that modifications to the Grayboe stock will void their warranty.
- It is designed for hunting and tactical use.
- It features a traditional hunting stock shape.
- It is compatible with the Remington 700.
Magpul Hunter 700 Remington 700 Short Action Stock – [ Best Remington 700 Stock – Short Action ]
This Magpul Hunter 700 short action stock has a good price to performance ratio. Paying a little extra for this durable stock gives real value for money. it is one of the best high-quality short action Remington 700 stock available on the market today.
This stock is constructed from reinforced polymer over an aluminum bedding block. this ensures that it will last for a very long time. In addition, this stock is very lightweight. this means that you will be able to transport it easily.
The fairly soft buttpad ensures felt recoil is effectively absorbed. This allows you to use your rifle for extended periods. it is also possible to customize the buttpad and cheek riser depending on your shooting requirements.
Right out of the box, this stock allows you to attach a rear sling. There is also a screw-in attachment if you want to install a front sling.
It is also important to note that this stock comes with a shotgun adaptable grip. This is a fusion between traditional and pistol grip.
However, this stock only fits right-hand receivers only.
- It has a lightweight design.
- It is very easy to install.
- It is M-LOK compatible.
Features to Consider Before Buying a Remington 700 Stock
It is important to know the characteristics and features that make the best Remington 700 stock stand out. This will help you to distinguish a great stock from an unreliable one. Here are some of the factors that you have to consider:
- Price – If you are a budget shopper, the price of the stock will matter a lot. However, the price should not be an obstacle if you are looking for a high-quality stock that fits your shooting requirements. You need to invest in the best quality to get the best value for each buck you spend on it.
- Weight – It is important to check the weight of the stock you purchase, especially if you enjoy extended hunting expeditions.
- Durability – Most stocks are made from durable materials, including wood and synthetic. We recommend synthetic stocks because they can resist damage from cleaning solvents and oils.
- Installation – The stock you choose should be very easy to install without gunsmith intervention. In today’s buying guide, we have included the ones that are easier to install by yourself. This will save a lot of time. If you are in doubt please seek the assistance of a qualified gunsmith.
- Materials Used – Most avid shooters appreciate the consistency offered by synthetic buttstocks. This is because they do not swell or shrink like wood stocks. It is also important to note that synthetic stocks are significantly more moisture-resistant and durable.
In today’s buying guide, we have included the best aftermarket stock for Remington Model 700. The stocks included have the best customer reviews and recommendations. They are designed for tactical shooting or hunting.
We have also shared some of the factors you should consider before buying one. This will help you make a well-informed purchase.
If you are still unsure, we recommend using the Magpul solutions mentioned in today’s buying guide. These are two great choices for the money.
These stocks can be used as entry-level platforms in the competitive world. They are compatible with the Remington 700, which is capable of extreme accuracy out of the box. In addition, the pillar bedding system or v-block type system helps to make your rifle more consistent and accurate.
We hope that this buying guide helped you get a glimpse of the different possibilities for the best Remington 700 stock replacement.