If you are in the market for the best LPVO under 1000 dollars, you are in the right place. In this comprehensive guide, we will share some of the top rated options available today. They are packed with many features compared to other options available today.
LPVO scopes allow you to hit any target from a low range. They have a lower magnification of either 1x or close to it (1.5x). They are ideal for tactical shooting and hunting applications as well.
LPVO scopes are designed for speed and accuracy. They allow you to hit targets at point-blank range and close-range moving targets.
Most gun enthusiasts recommend LPVO scopes for the AR platform and other similar rifles as well. This is because they help to bridge the gap between red dots and traditional rifle scopes.
It is important to note that LPVO scopes utilize a magnification of range from no magnification up to ten times (10x) magnification in extreme cases. However, if you want to increase the accuracy and range of the rifle, you need a 1-4x or 1-6x power range.
The only problem is trying to choose a reliable scope that will deliver value for the money you spend. It is worth mentioning that each model comes with a different set of features, which makes it a bit challenging to narrow down your search. This is why we created a guide to help you make a well informed purchase.
5 Best LPVO Under 1000
The best LPVO under 1000 dollars should come with an illuminated reticle. This will allow you to use your rifle effectively in different lighting conditions.
The options we have shared in this guide are ideal for shooting competitions, like 3-gun. This is because they are specifically designed for situations where fast target acquisition is key.
Before you proceed to the reviews, it is important to first define your shooting requirements. This will help to make the selection process easy.
Let us look at the top recommended options.
Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6×24 – Best Overall
The best LPVO scope under 1000 dollars is the Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6×24. Most enthusiasts recommend this scope because it comes with full and multiple coated lenses to provide you with crisp vision across all the magnification levels. This means that it allows you to use your rifle effectively even in low lighting conditions.
The most outstanding feature of this scope is the BDC reticle. It features 11 different settings, which allows you to use your rifle effectively in any lighting situation.
It is worth mentioning that this model is widely used for hunting and tactical shooting applications. It comes with a second focal plane reticle to help you improve your shooting experience and target acquisition.
The rugged construction ensures that it will last for a long time. You can use it even in the harshest climatic conditions because it is both waterproof and fog proof. In addition, it can withstand powerful recoil and impact because it is shockproof.
We recommend this model because it comes with an excellent lifetime warranty.
- It is an all-weather and all-terrain performance scope
- It is constructed from durable aircraft-grade aluminum
- The O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust, and debris from penetrating
Bushnell Optics 1-4x24mm, FFP Illuminated BTR-1 BDC Riflescope – Best Value
The Bushnell Optics 1-4x24mm, FFP Illuminated BTR-1 BDC Riflescope is another excellent option when it comes to LPVO scopes. This scope features durable construction that ensures the scope will last for a long time, even after continuous use.
This model is ideal for short-range shooting applications where fast target acquisition is needed. It is fitted with high-quality glass to ensure you always have clear vision across the entire visual spectrum.
This scope is very efficient because of the Bullet Drop Compensation for precise raging up to 600 meters. This feature removes any guesswork when aiming at moving targets at varying ranges.
The single piece is constructed from tough aluminum alloy with an anodized finish. The scope is also nitrogen argon purges to get rid of internal moisture. This ensures that you can use the scope in a wide range of temperatures.
The exceptional feature of this scope is the well-calibrated illuminated reticle. This reticle will provide you with clear images that are color accurate across all the magnification levels.
The lens is fully multi-coated to offer maximum brightness. The O-ring seals ensure that the scope is protected from dust and moisture. In addition, it is rustproof and scratchproof.
We recommend this model because it is accurate up to 500 yards
- It features fully multi-coated lens
- It features target turrets for precise adjustments
- It is accurate up to 500 yards
Primary Arms SLX 1-6×24 – Best Budget
If you are in the market for a budget-friendly LPVO scope, the Primary Arms SLX 1-6×24 is one of the best choices for you. This scope is affordable, but it comes with many outstanding features.
It is constructed from a 6063 aluminum alloy to withstand powerful impact and recoil. It also has a lightweight design allowing you to use your rifle effectively in tactical shooting applications.
The glass included in this scope is super clear and provides you with crisp images. This powerful LPVO scope is designed in the second focal plane. This means that the reticle size remains the same across all the magnification levels.
It is important to note that this scope features a red illumination with 11 different brightness settings. This allows you to use your firearm effectively from dusk until dawn.
The most outstanding feature of this scope is the exclusive, patented Advanced Combined Sighting System (ACSS) 22LR reticle.
In addition, it also has generous eye relief. The eye box is forgiving and offers you a wide field of view. This means that you can shoot targets quickly, even with both eyes open.
Overall, this model will provide you with reliable performance across all the magnification levels.
- It features a pare reticle illumination battery compartment
- It is constructed from sturdy material that can withstand impact and recoil
- It features an exclusive, patented Advanced Combined Sighting System (ACSS) 22LR reticle
Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II 1-6×24
The Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II 1-6×24 is another excellent scope from Vortex. It is packed with many premium features when compared with other models we have listed in this guide.
It features generous eye relief and will provide you with crisp images across all the magnification levels. The illuminated duplex reticle with ranging and windage lines takes the guesswork out of ranging and moving targets. This makes it a great choice for a defense rifle.
The outstanding feature of this scope is that the lenses are fully multi-coated to increase light transmission. This makes it a great scope for hunting applications that take place when the light is starting to fail.
In addition, the lenses are made from extra-low dispersion glass. It comes with ten different brightness settings that allow you to use your rifle effectively in almost any lighting condition. This makes it a reliable choice for hunting at dusk or dawn.
Most enthusiasts recommend this model because of its rugged construction. The scope is made from a single piece of aircraft-grade aluminum.
The O-ring seals ensure that moisture, dust, and debris, do not penetrate in the scope. In addition, the scope is nitrogen purged to provide you with a fog-proof performance.
- The turrets are hand-adjustable and burled for easier gripping
- The 1-6x variable zoom is ideal for close to midrange shooting applications
- It is constructed from durable materials to ensure its longevity.
Burris MTAC 1-4×24 Illuminated Scope
The Burris MTAC 1-4×24 Illuminated Scope is another reliable LPVO scope that will deliver value for the money you spend. It is made from durable materials to ensure strength and rigidity. It can withstand the shock and vibration of even the heaviest calibers.
This scope is ideal for competitive shooting applications like 3 Gun. You can also use it to hunt dangerous game.
The exceptional feature of this model is the finger-adjustable MRAD target knobs. They are very easy to use especially when making adjustments.
It also features an ergonomic power ring for making quick power setting changes. In addition, the lenses are fully multi-coated glass for superb light transmission.
Most enthusiasts recommend this model because it comes with a lifetime warranty. It is also tested for complete quality and reliability. You will not make any mistake investing in this model.
- It is very lightweight
- It comes with a lifetime warranty
- It has a main tube diameter of 30 mm
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best LPVO Under 1000
As you have seen, there are many LPVO scopes available for under 1000 dollars. They are packed with many features to ensure you have the best shooting experience, compared to other options available today.
However, some enthusiasts may still be having a hard time choosing the best scope for the money. This is because of the sheer number of features you need to go through to narrow down your search.
In this section, we will highlight some of the important factors you need to look out for when choosing the best LPVO under 1000 dollars. This section will help you make a well-informed purchase.
Here are the important factors:
- Reticle – We highly recommend checking on the reticle of the scope you purchase. Large reticles are great for low-light shooting applications. On the other hand, thinner reticles allow you to be more precise but are difficult to use in low-light conditions.
- Objective Lens Size – It is always advisable to check the size of the objective lens because it directly affects the image quality. This is the diameter of the lens closest to the barrel of the rifle, and farthest away from the stock of the rifle. We recommend purchasing an objective lens that lets in more light to produce a brighter image.
- Durability – The scope you buy should be constructed from durable materials to ensure its longevity. This ensures that they last for a very long time. In addition, durable scopes can withstand powerful recoil and impact, even after continuous use.
- Lens Coating – The lens coatings are very important for light transmission. The scope you buy should include proprietary coatings if you want to see a clear image across all the magnification levels. In addition, these coatings help to reduce glare and loss of light caused by reflection.
- Warranty – The scope you buy should come with a good warranty to ensure that the company repairs or replaces the scope if it has any defects. This will deliver value for the money you spend on it.
- Quick Focus Eyepiece – A scope with a fast-focus eyepiece ensures that you can easily acquire targets fast and accurately. We highly recommend buying a scope with a quick focus eyepiece, especially for hunting applications.
- Price – If you have a small budget, it is important to purchase a scope that will deliver value for the money you spend. However, it is important to buy a high-quality scope that will provide relentless performance. You should also check the price to performance ratio.
- Weatherproofing – It is important to purchase a waterproof scope that can handle everything nature throws at it. In addition, you should be able to use your scope in foggy conditions.
- Versatility – We highly recommend purchasing a versatile scope that is ideal for any shooting application. This is important if you have a large collection of firearms.
- Eye Relief – This is the space between the sighting tool and your eye. You need to purchase a scope with eye relief that can be adjusted based on the magnification. This helps to prevent a black eye from heavy recoil generated.
In summary, we have shared the important features of the best LPVO scopes under 1000 dollars. We have gone a step ahead to highlight some of the different factors you need to consider when buying a scope in this category.
The options we have highlighted in this guide come with high-quality glass to ensure you have the best viewing experience across all the magnification levels.
In addition, we have only included options from top recognized brands to ensure you get the best performance. This means that you will not make an expensive mistake investing in these models.
We hope that this post helped you to make a well-informed purchase.