Are you looking for the best Vortex scope rings and possibly wonder if Vortex tactical 30mm rings are worth it? In this Vortex tactical 30mm rings review, I will share with you an in-depth review that details all the features, pros and cons of this Vortex tactical 30mm rings to help you make better decision on if they are suitable for you.
There are hundreds of scopes rings available in the market today and it becomes difficult for the buyer to choose the best scope rings.
The objective is this Vortex tactical 30mm rings review is to share with you all the details that you need to know about this specific scope rings and make it easier for you to buy the scope rings if they fit your requirements.
Vortex Tactical 30mm Rings Review (Overview, Specs, Pros, Cons)
Vortex creates the most reliable scopes in the market today and they also create great rifle scope accessories like the Vortex scope rings. These rings are designed to help with mounting the Vortex scopes.
Before we look at the features, pros and cons of the Vortex Tactical 30mm Rings it helps you begin by sharing useful tips on why you should consider buying Vortex scope rings over other brands.
Why Consider Buying Vortex Tactical Scope Rings?
The following are some of the reason Vortex scope rings are highly rated and popular in the hunting and shooting communities:
- Multipurpose – most of the Vortex scope rings can be used on several rifle optics and they are not limited to scopes alone. They can as well be used on red dot sights, and Vortex magnifier sights as well as other rifle optics that require mounting.
- Easy to use – Vortex scope rings are designed with the ordinary user in mind and their simplicity make them easy to mount on any rifle. They are easy for beginners to mount them as well. You can also mount your scope using one of the best Vortex torque wrench that I included in the previous post of the top 10+ best torque wrench for scope mounting.
- Good height – most of the Vortex scope rings are designed with varying heights which makes it easier to mount on Picatinny rail or the upper receiver. The varying heights of the Vortex scope rings make it easier for you to select the scope ring that is suitable for your scope.
- Strong and reliable – the Vortex scope rings are built to last and overcome the recoil forces and therefore are highly reliable. They can be fitted on an AR rifle and they are strong enough to withstand all the firing forces and you can be assured you will fire thousands of rounds without the scope rings becoming lose.
- Good Price and great value – nearly all the Vortex scope rings are good value for money since they are fairly priced and deliver great quality as rated by their strength, design and performance.
Vortex Tactical 30mm Rings Review (In-Depth Review)
Vortex Tactical 30mm rings are designed to effectively mount any scope on any Picatinny or any other type rifle rails.
They are very strong and easy to use for mounting the red dot scopes, magnifiers and any other rifle accessories that require mounting.
Ideally, they can mount the scopes that have 30mm tube diameter to Picatinny rail and they are not limited to Vortex scopes alone.
Similar Scope Rings
You can also compare Vortex Tactical 30mm Rings with other similar scope rings to make a better decision. The following are some of the best scopes rings that you can compare with this Vortex tactical 30mm scope rings
- Vortex Optics Precision Matched Riflescope Rings
- Nikon P-Series Riflescope Picatinny Mount for 1 Inch Tube
- Monstrum Offset Cantilever Dual Ring Scope Mount | 1-inch Diameter
- Weaver Tactical Rings 30mm, Six Hole, Medium, Matte
- Warne 1 Inch Quick Detach Rings Medium Matte 201LM
- Modkin 1” Weaver Scope Rings, Rifle Scope Mount High Profile Scope
- Leupold Dual Dovetail Scope Rings
- Burris 410345 AR-Peprx 40mm Mount, 34mm, 20 MOA, Matte, Picatinny Tops
- Burris 30mm Xtreme Tactical Weaver Style Rings Matte Package of 2
- 1Vortex Optics Pro Series Riflescope Rings
Vortex Tactical 30mm Rings Review Specifications Table
The following is a quick specification table with the heights and other specifications of the Vortex Tactical 30mm rings
|Scope Ring Specification||Details / Dimensions|
|Height Low||0.83″ 21.0mm|
|Height Medium||0.97″ 24.6mm|
|Height High||1.18″ 30.0mm|
|Height Extra-High Lower 1/3||1.57″ 40.0mm|
|Height Extra-High Absolute||1.46″ 37.0mm|
|Outside Diameter (inches)||2.4 – 2.6 inches|
|Outside Diameter (mm)||62-66 mm|
|Material||6061-T6 Aircraft Grade Aluminum|
|Attachment / Mount Type||Picatinny|
- Vortex Tactical 30mm Rings comprises of robust 6-screw tactical ring that is ideal for mounting red-dot scopes, magnifiers, and other rifle accessories that have a 30mm tube diameter to the Picatinny rail.
- If you are want to use the Vortex Tactical 30mm Rings to mount any conventional riflescope, it is highly advisable you lap the scope rings for the scope to be fully secured.
- The Vortex Tactical Ring is designed to position the center of the scope tube at a height of 0.97 inches (24.6 mm) from the base.
- Vortex Tactical 30mm Rings are sold as two rings per package.
- Vortex Tactical 30mm Rings are easy to use
- These scope rings come with the perfect height for mounting on several platforms
- Highly versatile and can be used to mount different scopes.
- Great price and most affordable high quality scope rings
- Can be used to mount any other 30mm tube rifle accessory
- Six screws ensure the mount it tightly secure.
- Variable height makes it an exceptional scope mount for variety of platforms.
- Requires lapping to secure the rifle optic
In this Vortex Tactical 30mm rings review we have outlined the various features of this scope rings and the reasons why they are highly rated. I would like to recommend the Vortex Tactical 30mm rings highly to anyone looking for the best 30mm scope rings that will mount any type of rifle scope, red dot scope and any other rifle accessories.