Are you having a hard time finding the best prism scope for the money? You are in the right place. In this Vortex Spitfire 3x Vs Primary Arms 3x comparison review, we will share the important features of the two prism scopes to help you know if they are worth the price.
Read on, as we will also share the pros and cons to help you make a well-informed purchase. The main aim of this guide is to help you know the major differences.
Prism scopes are ideal for shooters who have a condition called astigmatism. When they use certain scopes, they see a starburst, a smear, or even a double dot.
Astigmatism is a common eye condition where the cornea or the lens is irregularly shaped. This condition can be your worst enemy because it prevents light from entering the eye to meet at a single focal point. This is not good, as it results in the vision being distorted.
Vortex Spitfire 3x vs Primary Arms 3x
It is important to note that this condition also affects people with perfect 20/20 vision. Prism scopes are astigmatism friendly.
Let us get right into the comparison.
Vortex Spitfire 3x Prism Scope Review
This reticle in this scope can be illuminated with either red or green. It also includes five intensity settings for the reticle allowing you to use it in any lighting situation.
The exceptional feature of this scope is that you can easily adjust the elevation and windage depending on your shooting needs. This helps to eliminate any guesswork in your shooting application.
This scope is housed in a single-piece chassis milled from solid aluminum alloy. This ensures that the scope maintains maneuverability and balance after mounting it on your rifle. It also ensures that the scope can handle heavy recoil and impact.
It includes elevation and windage dials with audible clicks. Each click allows you to move the point of impact 1/2 Minute of Angle (MOA). This helps to eliminate any guesswork in your shooting applications.
This scope includes O-ring seals to guard against moisture and dust. It is also nitrogen gas purged to prevent internal fogging.
- It includes an enhanced battle reticle with range markings from 0 to 500 yards
- It delivers sharp optics within a short 5.5-inch long form factor
- The exterior is coated with a highly durable hard-coat anodization matte finish
- It includes O-ring seals to guard against moisture and dust
- A top-loaded single CR 2032 battery powers the reticles
- It allows for a ½ MOA incremental adjustments for precision zeroing
- The etched reticle ensures a consistent point of aim at all times for small to medium shooting applications
- The housing is milled from solid aluminum alloy stock
- It has been nitrogen gas purged to prevent internal fogging
- The rugged shockproof construction can withstand recoil and impact
- It is only ideal for short range shooting applications
Primary Arms 3x Prism Scope Review
The Primary Arms 3x is another excellent prism scope ideal for enthusiasts who have astigmatism. It is a 3x fixed magnification prism scope with a 32mm objective lens.
This scope uses a focusing prism to deliver light to an ocular lens. This is very different from a normal nonprism scope lens system.
The exceptional feature of this model is the fully illuminated reticle that is powered by a CR2032 battery. It has a long battery life that can provide hundreds of hours of powerful illumination.
In addition, it features 11 different illumination settings for shooting in all types of lighting conditions. This allows you to use your rifle effectively in almost any lighting condition.
The reticle design of this prism sight includes a wide variety of holdover points. This helps you to land shots on moving targets. This makes it an excellent choice for hunters and tactical shooters.
In addition, the reticle also features BDC compensating hash marks up to 600 yards. This helps to eliminate any guesswork in your shooting applications.
The rugged construction of this model offers superior durability and reliability. It can withstand high recoil and impact.
This scope is very easy to use and mount. Beginners will not have a hard time making adjustments to the scope.
We recommend this scope because it is a well-rounded scope that provides a relentless performance, even after repeated use.
- The rugged construction can withstand the harshest climatic conditions
- The reticle is fully illuminated and is powered by a CR2032 battery
- It features an ACSS CQB 300 Chevron reticle ideal for tactical shooting applications
- It has a fixed magnification of 3x
- It is waterproof, shockproof, and fog proof
- This scope has been durable field-tested
- It is fitted with a strong mounting system to ensure it is stable
- It has a limited eye relief
In summary, we have shared the important features of the Vortex Spitfire 3x and Primary Arms 3x prism scope. As you have seen, they are all packed with many features to take your shooting game to the next level.
If you have a tight budget, we recommend buying the Primary Arms 3x prism scope. It has many outstanding features like the ACSS CQB 300 Chevron reticle that will help you to hone your precision and accuracy skills.
On the other hand, if you do not have a limited budget, we recommend buying the Vortex Spitfire 3x Prism scope. It is packed with many premium features and can withstand the harshest climatic conditions. The price should not be an obstacle if it fits your shooting requirements.