Table of Contents
The Vortex Recon RT 15×50 is a high powered monocular that includes a massive 15x magnification and with a built-in, heads-up RT range finding reticle.
As you will quickly see from the specifications below, it is packed with many features to provide you with crystal clear images even at the highest magnification levels.
It is not the most lightweight monocular, but it is very easy to transport and takes up less storage space.
Popular Features of Vortex Monocular 15×50
Here are the outstanding features:
- XD™ Lens Elements
- XR™ Fully Multi-Coated lenses
- Phase Correction
- ArmorTek Coating
Vortex Recon RT 15×50 Review
Objective Lens Diameter: 50 mm
Eye Relief: 16 mm
Exit Pupil: 3.3 mm
Linear Field of View: 215 feet/1000 yards
Angular Field of View: 4.1 degrees
Close Focus: 12 feet
Length: 7 inches
Width: 2 inches
Weight: 15.2 oz
Most Outstanding Feature of Vortex Recon RT 15×50
The exceptional feature of the Vortex Monocular 15×50 is the ranging reticle that uses MRAD-based subtensions. It also includes silhouettes for quick ranging.
The angular measurements allow you to calculate ranges when comparing the reticle to objects of known dimension.
It also includes a main focus that allows for sharp image acquisition at distances from as close as 12 feet to infinity. You can use the fine focus for precise focus adjustment for fine image detail.
Best Use Cases
The Vortex Monocular 15×50 is ideal for wildlife observation or long range hunting. You can also use them for bird watching, observing targets, spotting planes, or for border security.
The multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces increase light transmission. Combined with the 50 mm objective lens, allows you to use it in almost all lighting situations.
Vortex Recon RT 15×50 (Detailed Review)
The Vortex Monocular 15×50 is made from high quality products that ensure longevity and durability. This ensures that it provides you with relentless performance even in low lighting situations.
It includes extra-low dispersion glass that increases resolution and color fidelity. This results in crisp, sharp images.
The proprietary coatings increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
The ArmorTek coating on the exterior lens surfaces protects the glass from scratches, oil, and fingerprints. This means that you use less force when cleaning them and you do not have to clean them frequently.
- It includes rubber armor on the exterior to provide you with a secure, non-slip grip, and durable external protection.
- It includes a fully multi-coated optical pathway allowing you to use it in any lighting situation
- It has a rugged construction that withstands recoil and impact.
- It is argon purged to prevent internal fogging, allowing you to use it over a wide range of temperatures
- It includes a multi-position utility clip that allows for multiple attachment points and quick attachment to pocket edges, equipment, or vests.
- The Close Focus is 12 feet, which means you can’t use it for close-up observations of insects or butterflies
Here are some of the features:
- It includes an anti-reflective coating on all air-to-glass surfaces to provide maximum light transmission in any lighting situation
- It includes extra-low dispersion (XD) glass increases resolution and color fidelity, resulting in crisp, sharp images.
- It includes a coating on the roof prism models that enhances resolution and contrast.
- It includes O-ring seals that prevent moisture, dust, and debris from penetrating inside
- It includes argon gas purging that prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures
- The main focus that allows for sharp image acquisition at distances from as close as 12 feet to infinity
- The fine focus allows for precise focus adjustment for fine image detail.
- It includes an ArmorTek coating that is ultra hard and protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil, and dirt.
- It includes a rubber armor that provides a secure, non-slip grip and protects the external parts
- It has a VIP warranty that ensures it is fixed or replaced when it is damaged
The Vortex Monocular 15×50 provides a stellar performance in any weather or climatic condition.
It has a lightweight ad compact design that allows you to carry it for a long time. The rubber armor coating gives the unit a quality feel.
If you are looking for a monocular that will deliver value for each buck you spend, then the Vortex Monocular 15×50 is the best choice for you.