The Vortex Razor HD 20 60x 85mm is a spotting scope designed to provide you with high-level performance in any lighting situation. This is a detailed Vortex Razor HD Spotting Scope 20 60x 85mm Review that covers the specification, specific features, pros and cons of this Vortex spotting scope.
It offers an extremely impressive price-to-performance ratio. This allows you to have the best viewing experience but at an affordable price. The spotting scope includes a sophisticated triplet apochromatic lens system that delivers high-definition views in each magnification level.
The magnesium alloy body with rubber armoring ensures ultimate strength, durability and lightweight performance.
Why Is Vortex Razor HD 20 60x 85mm Popular?
- 20-60x Zoom
- 85 mm objective lens diameter
- ArmorTek coating
- XR coatings
Vortex Razor HD Spotting Scope 20 60x 85mm Review
Objective Lens Diameter: 85 mm
Linear Field of View: 117-60 ft/1000 yds
Angular Field of View: 2.2-1.1 degrees
Close Focus: 16.4 feet
Eye Relief: 20-18 mm
Exit Pupil: 4.3-1.4 mm
Length: 15.3 inches
Weight: 65.7 oz
Most Outstanding Feature of Vortex Razor HD 20 60x 85mm
The exceptional feature of the Vortex Razor HD 20 60x 85mm angled scope includes premium proprietary coatings that deliver the highest level of light transmission. It also has multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces for maximum brightness.
The other outstanding feature is the HD lens elements. They deliver the ultimate in resolution and color fidelity. This feature provides you with High Definition images.
Best Use Cases
The Vortex Razor HD 20 60x 85mm is ideal for hunting. This scope provides you with clear and color vibrant vision when spotting animals at a long distance. The Porro Prism offers you a rich depth of field, wide field of view, and three-dimensional image, which allows you to spot animals.
You can use this spotting scope in any weather. This is because it includes a built-in sunshade that reduces glare and shields the objective lens from snow or raindrops. The O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust, and debris from penetrating into the scope.
Vortex Razor HD Spotting Scope 20 60x 85mm Review (Detailed Review)
The zoom on the Vortex Razor HD 20 60x 85mm spotting scope starts at 20x zoom. Starting too high might seem like a disadvantage, but the eyepiece has a very wide field of view.
Additionally, having a tighter zoom range allows for less distortion when zoomed all the way in. This is important especially when you are glassing in less-than-optimal atmospheric conditions like haze and heatwaves.
The anti-reflective coatings applied to the lenses yield maximum brightness for critical low-light glassing.
Let’s look at some of the features offered by this powerful spotting scope.
- The angled body design makes the scope stable in windy conditions and permits the use of a smaller, lighter tripod.
- The scope includes O-ring seals that prevent moisture, dust, and debris from penetrating into the scope allowing you to use this scope in any weather condition.
- The argon gas purging prevents internal fogging especially when using the scope in cold weather or at night.
- It includes adjustable eyecups for comfortable viewing even when you wear spectacles.
- The prism coatings provide you with clear and color-accurate images in any lighting situation.
- The index-matched lenses correct color across the entire visual spectrum to provide you with accurate images.
- The anti-reflective lens coatings increase light transmission to offer you brilliant resolution.
- The internal parts are very durable and it is designed to withstand any weather condition as it is dust-proof, fog-proof, shockproof, and waterproof.
- It includes a lifetime warranty that allows you to fix the scope if it is broken.
- It includes Armortek coatings to protect the lenses from oil, dust, and scratches
- The smooth helical focus allows you to easily make fine adjustments
- It includes high end optical technology to provide you with the best viewing experience
- The angled body design is very stable even in windy conditions
- The 20-60x zoom offers you crisp, clear vision even at the highest magnification level.
- It is heavy. However, this makes it stable in windy weather and allows you to use a small tripod stand.
The Vortex Razor HD 20 60x 85mm is one of the finest spotting scopes that you can purchase at an affordable price. The optics are exceptionally high quality, the 20-60x zoom, and the 56mm objective lens provide you with high-definition views across the entire field of view with no color fringing, degradation of the resolution, or dilution of color fidelity.
It is also waterproof, fog proof, dustproof, and shockproof.