Pocket Pro II Review
The Pocket Pro II is a durable shot timer just like the Pact Club Timer III that helps you measures shot time intervals for personal practice and scoring matches. It has a user-friendly design that includes an intuitive menu and navigation that makes it easy to operate. The device is powered by one 9 volt alkaline battery that is included in the package.
The shot timer has a separate shot sensor and buzzer to ensure that you get accurate and useful date to help improve your shooting skills. It fits well in your hand and has a start button on the side for convenience. The unit is one of the most advanced and accurate shot timers in the industry.
- Separate shot sensor and buzzer
- Large buttons
- Intuitive menu and navigation
- Large clothespin style belt clip
- Powered by one 9-volt alkaline battery
- 2-year warranty
- Made in USA
- Remembers 100 shots
- 5kHz start buzzer frequency
- Review four shots at once
Construction and Design
The Competition Electronics Pocket Pro II is very similar to the original Pocket Pro. However; it has more features and abilities to modify it to your liking that the original Pocket Pro. The device comes with a backlit screen to make it easier for you to see the shot timers’ readings. It lets users view and compare their performance at once through shot counts, times, and splits.
The sensitivity of the device can be adjusted to prevent the timer from picking up other shots or missing your shot completely. The unit’s internal memory is capable of storing up to 100 shots at a time. The Competition Electronics have modified the shape of the Pocket Pro II to make it easy to operate. They have rounded the edges of the shot timer to avoid snags on your shirt or clothes.
It is one of the most advanced and accurate shot timers in the industry. It may not be ergonomically designed but it is lightweight and is conveniently shaped for ease to use. The unit’s buttons have been adjusted to make it easier to adjust your display screen without losing your focus. The display of the unit helps to showcase shot times and number. The shot lets you compare individual counts on your screen instead of writing down individual counts for comparison thus saving you time at the range.
- The shot timer is capable of comparing up to four shots at once, forward or reverse with split times.
- It can easily remember up to 100 shots.
- The Pocket Pro II comes with a 1.5kHz start buzzer frequency that transmits well through hearing protection.
- It has a separate shot sensor and buzzer.
- The timer has large buttons for easy operation.
- It has an intuitive menu and navigation that is beginner friendly.
- The device turns off automatically after 10 minutes of inactivity or by pressing a button.
- It comes with large clothespin style belt clip fits over your shooting belt.
- The unit’s display position is readable from your belt or the bench.
- It is powered by one 9 volt alkaline battery (not included) for approx. 20 hours of use and easy replacement.
- The shot timer comes with large, easy to read lighted graphics LCD displays full words and description of functions.
- It is backed by a 2 year warranty.
- The product is made in USA with real service and support.
- It is a bit large and heavy.
The Pocket Pro II is a reliable device that measures shot time intervals for personal practice and scoring matches. It provides you with important features that you need to improve your shooting skills. The design of the shot timer could have been improved to make it lighter and smaller but it is still a great device that can be great for practicing shooting at a range. This is considerably once of the best shot timers for beginners or one of the best budget shot timers as I shared in the previous post here.
It performs well and is therefore ideal if you are not concerned about its size and design. We hope that the review was informative and helpful in making a decision on whether to buy it or not.