If you are looking for the best Vortex Scope for a 22lr rifle, this article will guide you on picking the best 22lr Vortex scope in the market today. In the past, I have shared with you several remarkable Vortex scopes and in particular the best Vortex Crossfire II scopes and the best Vortex scope for Savage 220. I also recently wrote an in-depth article on the best Leupold scope for 22lr where I shared the 3 best Leupold 22lr scopes.
Before we look at the best Vortex scope for 22lr, it’s important we start by understanding the 22 long rifle caliber and match its requirements with the most suitable Vortex scope. If you are looking for a quick answer the best Vortex scope for 22lr is the Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7×32 Rimfire, Second Focal Plane, 1-inch Tube Riflescope – V-Plex Reticle.
22lr Long Rifle (.22 Caliber Rimfire Ammunition)
The 22lr has been in existed for a long time and since its origin in the United States, it has been adapted for use in a wide range of firearms that include rifles, handguns, revolvers, submachine guns, and shotguns.
So for the last 100 years, the .22lr has been tried and tested and has stood the test of time that it is a remarkable round for hunting small game, varmint hunting and sports shooting.
In today’s world, it’s difficult to be an avid shooter and you have not tried out the rimfire rounds.
22 Long Rifle Caliber Specifications
The following are some quick facts about the 22lr caliber:
22lr Caliber Specifications
Type: Rimfire cartridge
Place of origin: United States
Designer: Union Metallic Cartridge
Parent case: .22 Long
Case type: Rimmed, straight
Bullet diameter: 0.223 in (5.7 mm) – 0.2255 in (5.73 mm)
Uses: Hunting small game & sport shooting
Since we have looked at some basic information about the 22lr rimfire round, let us now focus on the best 22lr Vortex scope.
Best Vortex Scope for 22lr – Vortex Optics Crossfire II Rimfire Scope
Vortex Crossfire II 2-7×32 Rimfire, Second Focal Plane, 1-inch Tube Riflescope – V-Plex Reticle is the best scope for 22lr that is specifically for the rimfire category.
This scope is specifically designed to impress both hunters and shooters who care about reliability and accuracy.
Let us begin with the quick specification details of Vortex Crossfire II 2-7×32 rimfire scope:
Objective Lens Diameter: 32 mm
Eye Relief: 3.9 inches
Reticle: V-Plex (MOA) Reticle
Field of View: 42-12.6 ft/100 yds
Tube Size: 1 inch
Turret Style: Capped
Adjustment Graduation: 1/4 MOA
Travel Per Rotation: 15 MOA
Max Elevation Adjustment: 60 MOA
Max Windage Adjustment: 60 MOA
Parallax Setting: 50 yards
Length: 11.52 inches
Weight: 14.3 oz
In comparison with other best scopes for 22lr from other brands Vortex Crossfire II 2-7×32 rimfire scope is simply the best of them all.
Excellent Optics – High Clarity, Long Eye Relief & Bright
Vortex Crossfire II 2-7×32 rimfire scope is designed for high performance and comes with a long eye relief that is augmented by the fast-focus eyepiece and the fully multicoated lenses to deliver the superb image quality and a remarkable shooting experience.
Dual Purpose Use – Hunting & Tactical Shooting
It is one of the most popular Vortex Crossfire II scopes since it can be used for both hunting and tactical shooting. It is my all-time favorite 22lr Vortex hunting scope.
V-Plex MOA Reticle – All Purpose Hunting Reticle
Vortex Crossfire II 2-7×32 rimfire scope is designed with the V-Plex MOA Reticle which is a perfect all-purpose hunting reticle that was designed to fit all kinds of hunting applications.
Second Focal Plane Reticle – Maintain Same Appearance on Zoom
This is a second focal plane scope which means that the reticle is located close to the scope eyepiece behind the magnifying lens. The second focal plane scopes are popular since the reticle does not change in size as you increase the magnification.
Small Game Hunting Scope
This makes the Vortex Crossfire II 2-7×32 rimfire scope the best Vortex small game hunting scope since the reticle maintains the same appearance and it’s a good feature for inexperienced shooters or beginners.
Now let us look at the features of the Vortex Crossfire II 2-7×32 rimfire scope to understand why we have picked it as the best Vortex scope for 22lr hunting and tactical shooting.
- The Vortex Crossfire II 2-7×32 rimfire scope is one of many scopes in the Crossfire II series. It is designed with the V-Plex reticle which is a popular reticle for all-purpose hunting. This makes this scope the best Vortex scope for 22lr hunting applications.
- This scope comes with long eye relief and a generous eye box, that is designed to help you quickly get a sight picture and acquire the target in seconds.
- Vortex Crossfire II 2-7×32 rimfire scope has the fast focus eyepiece that is a unique Vortex feature to allow quick and easy reticle focusing.
- The optics are fitted with the anti-reflective feature and the lenses are fully multi-coated lenses to provide a bright target image and high clarity.
- Vortex Crossfire II 2-7×32 rimfire scope adjustment is designed with the capped reset turrets that are finger adjustable with MOA clicks and can reset to zero after sighting in the scope.
- It is made of the Vortex standard single-piece tube that is sturdy in construction since it’s crafted from aircraft-grade aluminum that guarantees high strength and shockproof performance.
- Finally, the Vortex Crossfire II 2-7×32 rimfire scope is O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged, to ensure it delivers a 100% waterproof and fog-proof performance.
- Excellent optics that have high clarity and come with anti-reflective coating
- Good adjustment system that features reset turrets that are capped and easy to use
- Solid built with aluminum making it a highly durable scope.
- Built with the highest standard for waterproof and shockproof performance.
- The V-plex reticle is great for a wide range of hunting needs.
- This is a dual-purpose scope that can be used for hunting and tactical shooting.
- The reticle is not very clear in high magnification
Similar Best Scopes for 22lr
For quick comparison, it helps to share with you the other scopes that can be compared with this best Vortex scope for 22lr from other brands.
The following are other scopes that should be considered as the best scopes for 22lr:
- Vortex Optics Diamondback 2-7×35 Rimfire V-Plex (MOA) Rifle Scope
- Nikon Prostaff Rimfire II 3-9×40 BDC 150 Reticle Rifle Scope
- Nikon Prostaff Rimfire II 4-12×40 BDC 150 Reticle Rifle Scope
- Nikon Prostaff Target EFR 3-9×40 AO Matte Precision Reticle Rifle Scope
- TASCO Rimfire Series 3-9x 32mm 30/30 Reticle .22 Rifle Scope
- Bushnell AR Optics 2-7×32 Drop Zone-22 BDC Rimfire Reticle Rifle Scope
- Simmons Truplex .22 Mag Rifle Scope
- Leupold VX-Freedom 2-7x33mm Rimfire MOA Reticle Rifle Scope
- BARSKA 3-9×32 Plinker-22 Rifle Scope
- Primary Arms 6×32 Non-Illuminated ACSS 22LR Reticle Rifle Scope
- BARSKA 4×32 Plinker-22 Rifle Scope
- BSA Sweet .22 3-9x40mm Rifle Scope
- Burris Droptine 2-7x35mm Ballistic Plex .22 Reticle Rifle Scope
- Bushnell Rimfire Optics 6-18×40 Rifle Scope
In this post I have shared with you the best Vortex scope for 22lr and highlighted the reasons why it is the most suitable scope for this caliber. If you are looking for a high quality scope with high performance for the 22lr, you should consider buying Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7×32 Rimfire, Second Focal Plane, 1-inch Tube Riflescope – V-Plex Reticle.