Table of Contents
- 1 Best Tactical Self Defense Canes
- 2 Types of Cane Weapons for Self Defense
- 3 Best Picks of Tactical Combat Canes For Self Defense
- 4 Arc Angel Stun Cane
- 5 Ka-Bar TDI Self Defense Cane
- 6 RMS Handcrafted Cane
- 7 Zap Self Defense Cane
- 8 United Cutlery Self Defense Cane
- 9 Cold Steel Tactical Walking Stick
- 10 Bavarian Walking Stick Hardwood Ax Self Defense Cane
- 11 Factors To Consider Before Buying a Tactical Self Defense Cane
- 12 Conclusion
Are you searching for the best tactical self-defense cane? In today’s post, we are going to review 7 of the best self-defense canes on the market today.
A tactical is a potential weapon that you can bring with you anywhere you go. The best thing about using canes for self-defense is the element of surprise. Attackers will see it as a sign of weakness and they will not see it coming.
If you manage to hit a bone, it can cause your attacker serious pain. However, you need some training to do sweeps, takedowns, and joint locks. This will allow you to get out of any dangerous situations where you do not have access to other weapons like a gun or blade.
It is worth mentioning that you can carry it through security checkpoints where other EDC gear will not be cleared. Therefore, investing some money in a proper one is a no-brainer.
Best Tactical Self Defense Canes
However, there are many tactical self-defense canes on the market today. You may be overwhelmed with the choices.
The main aim of this post is to help you narrow down your search. We will share some of the best tactical self-defense canes that will deliver value for each buck spent. They have different features, and one will be better than the other.
We will also share some of the factors you should consider before buying the best tactical self-defense canes.
Types of Cane Weapons for Self Defense
Before we proceed, let us look at some of the different types of canes:
- Electric Canes – If you are looking for a cane to scare your attacker away, an electric cane is a good choice for you. It is perfect for beginners because you do not need martial arts skills to use it.
- Gun Canes – They have a gun concealed inside them. However, you need a concealed carry permit to carry it in most states. This is because it is a lethal weapon.
- Sword or Hammer Canes – Some canes have a sword inside or a hammer attached to the handle. However, you won’t get past security with a sword cane.
- Tactical Combat Canes – They can be carried anywhere. They are the real “hidden in plain sight” weapons. In this post, we will be reviewing some of the tactical canes.
Best Picks of Tactical Combat Canes For Self Defense
Let us look at the best tactical canes for self-defense:
Arc Angel Stun Cane
The 1.5M volt shock included is extremely painful. You can use it to protect yourself from humans or wild animals. It is worth mentioning that you do not need any training to use it. This makes it a perfect choice for beginners.
It is made of sturdy aluminum, which is hard to break. It can support up to 250 pounds of body weight. The most outstanding feature is that you can adjust the length of the cane from 34” to 40”, depending on your preference.
- It is very easy to use and you don’t require any training to use it
- It features a rugged construction
- It allows you to adjust the length
Ka-Bar TDI Self Defense Cane
It is constructed from durable aircraft aluminum with a black powder coating. This ensures that it will last a lifetime.
The tip on it is aggressive enough to do serious damage but won’t stand out in the crowd. It also features a very wide hook, which is perfect for neck and leg hooking.
The only drawback is that it is a little heavy. This means that you’ll need some forearm strength to maneuver it around.
- It is constructed from durable materials
- It offers a wide hook with an aggressive holding grip
- It has a subtle design that will not raise eyebrows
RMS Handcrafted Cane
If you have a tight budget, this is the best choice for you. It is made of quality hardwood, which is very sturdy.
The lightweight design allows you to easily carry it around. However, you might need some tactical training so that you can learn –proper fighting techniques.
- It is very affordable compared to other tactical canes
- It is made of hardwood to ensure its longevity
- It features a soft tip
Zap Self Defense Cane
However, it is important to note that this is not a fighting cane. This is because it does not have a hook that is crucial for cane fighting techniques.
The strong shock can penetrate clothing to neutralize any attacker. You do not require any training to use it. It is worth mentioning that the shocks are loud.
- A single charge shocks up to 500 times
- A charge cycle can last up to a month
- It includes a safety switch
United Cutlery Self Defense Cane
However, you have to be careful when using it. With enough force, the hammer could break bones. This makes it one of the dangerous canes on the market today.
The sharp tip can also be used for self-defense. It can be an alternative to the Ka-bar and the Bavarian self-defense canes.
- It features a secure grip on the top and bottom
- It is very lightweight and easy to use
- It is constructed from Injection Molded Fiber Nylon
Cold Steel Tactical Walking Stick
It has a length of 38,5”, but it can be cut to any preferred size. It features a soft tip but does not have any grip.
You do not need to use it for martial arts because it has a straight handle.
- It is very affordable compared to other tactical canes
- It is made of polypropylene
- It is very lightweight
Bavarian Walking Stick Hardwood Ax Self Defense Cane
It is important to note that you do not need any training to use it. If you do not want to mess around with learning the cane self-defense techniques, this is the best option for you.
However, it is a bit expensive when compared to other canes included on the list.
- It features a slightly sharpened tip
- It is made from high-quality oak
- It only weighs 2 lbs., which makes it easy to maneuver around
Factors To Consider Before Buying a Tactical Self Defense Cane
By now, you have probably selected a tactical self-defense cane. Here are some of the factors you need to consider before purchasing it:
- Hook of the Cane – A good can should feature a wide hook handle. It should be shaped like a half-circle. This will allow you to hook the neck or leg of an attacker.
- Material of the Cane – Wooden canes are light than metal canes, but they can easily break. On the other hand, metal canes are tougher than wooden canes. This is because they are usually made from aircraft-grade aluminum. This makes them perfect for extreme survival situations.
- The shaft of the Cane – We recommend purchasing a self-defense cane that will have notched gripping surfaces on the top and bottom.
- Tip of the Cane – The cane you purchase should have a sharper tip. This will help to cause more pain to the attacker. You can stab the hand of the attacker to break free.
That concludes our list of the best tactical self-defense canes. However, it is important to note that it is possible to learn the basics of using a cane for self-defense by yourself. You can use a book like Raising Cane – The Unexpected Martial Art by Octavio Ramos to improve your skills.
It is important to note that a walking cane is not considered a weapon legally. It is considered a mobility device.
We have also shared some of the factors you should consider before purchasing one. We hope that this post helped you to narrow down your search.