If you are looking for the best Remington 770 scope for the money, read on, as we will look at the features of the top recommended scopes for this category. In addition, we will look at the factors you need to consider when buying best scope for remington 770.
It is important to note that the Remington 770 is an affordable rifle, but does not compromise on quality. This rifle is very reliable and features a sturdy construction to ensure it lasts for a long time. The stainless steel barrel can withstand wear and tear but still get the job done.
Most enthusiasts recommend the Remington 770 because it is very easy to maintain. In addition, it features simple rugged mechanics, which is suitable for different shooting applications. We recommend it for hunting deer and other big game.
This rifle features a synthetic stock that is ergonomically shaped for comfortability. The lightweight design of the stock ensures that the rifle does not weigh you down. This makes it a reliable choice for hunting expeditions because it will not weigh you down.
If you want to get the best shooting experience with this rifle, it is important to pair it with a reliable riflescope.
However, this rifle comes with a scope mounted, but it is not built for long range shooting applications. This is why we recommend buying a reliable scope, which allows you to hit targets beyond 250 yards.
If you are a beginner, you may be overwhelmed with the choices because there are many options available today. This is why we created this guide to help you make a well informed purchase.
Best Scope for Remington 770
The best scope for the Remington 770 comes with clear glass to provide you with an unobstructed view across all the magnification levels. In addition, it should have a durable construction to ensure it can withstand powerful recoil produced from the Remington 770.
Before you look at the product reviews, it is important to first define your shooting requirements. This ensures that you do not make the expensive mistake of buying a scope that is not compatible with your rifle.
Let us look at the top recommended scopes available for the Remington 770.
Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x50mm Riflescope – Overall Best Scope for Remington 770
The best rifle for the Remington 770 is the Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x50mm Riflescope. The exterior of this scope is constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum to ensure its longevity.
This scope will provide real value for your money because it comes with several features to improve your shooting for a great price.
The most outstanding feature of this scope is the Twilight Light Management System. This feature helps to improve the color fidelity and contrast of shadows. This means that you can effectively use it in any lighting situation.
In addition, it comes with a waterproof and fog-proof coating, which allows you to use your rifle in almost any environment.
Overall, this scope is very reliable and comes with an ergonomic power selector for adjusting the magnification from 3x to 9x.
- It comes with proprietary coatings to increase light transmission
- It comes with an excellent lifetime warranty
- It offers good eye relief to protect you from recoil
Primary Arms 4-16x44mm Illuminated Mil-Dot
The Primary Arms 4-16x44mm is an excellent choice if you are looking for an illuminated reticle scope. Most enthusiasts recommend this scope because of the reliable eye relief across all the magnification levels. It is enough to protect your eye sockets from recoil bumps.
It is important to note that this scope is constructed from high quality materials to ensure it is waterproof, shockproof, and fog proof. This durable construction scope ensures that it will last for a very long time and can withstand recoil and impact.
This scope comes with clear glass to provide you with clear images that are color accurate. It comes with a variable magnification range of 4-16x, which is perfect for most shooting applications.
The other outstanding feature of this scope is the illuminated mil-dot reticle called ACSS Orion. This reticle is patented for deer hunting and other game because it offers precise aiming points compared to other scopes within this price range.
We recommend this scope for close to medium range shooting applications. However, it is important to note that it only comes with a three year warranty.
- It features a fast focus eyepiece
- It features a rugged construction that ensures it lasts for a long time
- It comes with a durable ACSS Orion reticle
Vortex Optics Diamondback 4-12×40 BDC RifleScope – Vortex Best Scope for Remington 770
The Vortex Optics Diamondback 4-12×40 is a feature rich scope that comes with an excellent lifetime warranty. This scope is constructed from high quality materials to ensure that it can withstand recoil produced by the Remington 770 rifle.
The exceptional feature of this scope is the precision glide erector system. It ensures that the components in the zoom lens mechanism glide smoothly and cleanly through all magnification ranges.
This scope is perfect for shooting or hunting in various ranges where it would be challenging to estimate holdover. This is because it comes with a Dead-Hold BDC reticle that eliminates any guesswork in your shooting applications.
This versatile scope is ideal for big game or taking out small varmint at varying ranges.
The proprietary coatings help to increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces. This ensures that you have an unobstructed view when using it.
- It includes a precision glide system that ensures you have a good aim
- It is made from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and rigidity
- The O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust, and debris from penetrating the scope
Vortex Optics Crossfire II 4-12x44mm Dead-Hold BDC (MOA) Reticle Riflescope
The Vortex Optics Crossfire II 4-12x44mm is another excellent option for the Remington 770. Most hunters recommend this scope because of the dead hold BDC reticle. This reticle incorporates special holdover points along the crosshairs’ bottom vertical line. This eliminates any guesswork in your shooting applications.
This scope comes with a 40mm objective lens that gathers up light to provide you with a clear image like most high-end rifle scopes. In addition, it includes a set of capped reset, finger-adjustable windage, and elevation turrets. The turrets are very easy to use.
The high magnification range or 4x and 12x is perfect for medium to close range shooting applications. The hard anodized finish provides a low glare matte surface that helps to camouflage your shooting position.
It is worth mentioning that nitrogen gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.
This scope provides outstanding performance, but it will take some time for you to earn how to use it effectively.
- The rugged construction can withstand recoil and impact
- It is scratch-resistant
- It is very affordable but includes many features
Bushnell Banner 3-9×40 Dusk & Dawn Circle-X Reticle – Budget Best Scope for Remington 770
If you are searching for a reliable scope for varmint hunting, the Bushnell Banner 3-9×40 Dusk & Dawn is a reliable scope for your shooting applications. The 3-9x magnification power is suitable for close to mid range shooting applications.
The exceptional feature of this scope is the quick-focus eyepiece. It allows you to see your target without any difficulty.
You can also use windage and elevation adjustments, especially when hunting. This eliminates any guesswork, allowing you to use your rifle efficiently.
This versatile scope is designed for both beginners and experienced shooters who can use this scope to improve their accuracy and precision. It is very easy to use and will deliver high-definition clarity.
The overall design for this scope will compliment your rifle. The durable design will last for a long time and can withstand powerful recoil and impact.
- The fog proof construction allows you to use the rifle in a wide variety of temperatures
- It features a durable construction
- It features a quick focus eyepiece
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Scope for the Remington 770
The Remington 770 is available in a wide variety of calibers, barrels, and stocks. You can choose them depending on your shooting application.
In this section, we will share some of the factors you need to consider when buying the best scope for the Remington 770. The main aim of this section is to help you narrow down your search further.
Here are the important factors:
- Durability – If you are using a heavy recoil cartridge, it is important to invest in a durable scope that can withstand extreme recoil. If you buy a cheap scope, the recoil energy will affect the scope’s zero and this affects the accuracy. In addition, if the scope features durable construction, you can use it in the harshest conditions.
- Magnification – It is important to buy a scope that will offer you ample magnification power depending on your shooting application. The magnification depends on the type of cartridge you are using.
- Scope Mount – The mounting a scope on the Remington 770, you need to securely mount your scope because this rifle has a bit of kick. A secure mount will ensure the scope will not shift when taking a shot. It is important to invest in high strength steel, but they are a bit expensive. Cheap scope mounts are not very durable and they tend to deform easily.
- Reticle – It is important to buy a scope with a reliable reticle that provides outstanding performance. For long range shooting, we recommend buying a scope with a Bullet Drop Compensation reticle. However, there are many other scopes with different reticles available in the market today. It all depends on your shooting applications.
- Turrets – It is important to buy a scope that allows you to make adjustments according to bullet drop and windage. Some scopes come with fixed turrets allowing you to unscrew the caps and use a screwdriver to make adjustments. We recommend buying a scope with tactical turrets to make quick adjustments on the fly.
- Weatherproofing – It is important to buy a waterproof scope that can handle everything nature throws at it. You should be able to use your scope in rainy, cold, and foggy conditions.
- Objective Lens Size – We highly recommend buying a scope that lets in more light to produce a brighter image. This will allow you to use the scope effectively in any lighting condition. This is very important if you want to use it for hunting applications.
- Warranty – It is important to buy a scope with a great warranty or customer service. This can help you solve queries you may encounter when using the scope. This is because some high recoil scopes are very expensive.
- Versatility – We recommend buying a versatile scope that is ideal for both hunting and tactical shooting applications.
In today’s buying guide, we have mainly focused on the best scopes for the Remington 770 rifle. The scopes included in this guide are compatible with this powerful rifle. They will help you hone your accuracy and precision skills.
Assuming that you have already bought the best scope for the money, the next step is to buy a good scope base. It is worth mentioning that the Remington 770 comes with pre-drilled holes to accept a scope base.
If you are still not sure, we recommend buying the Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x50mm Riflescope. It will deliver value for each buck you spend on it.
We hope that this guide helped you to find the best scope for the Remington 770.