Table of Contents
- 1 5 Best Scopes For Colt M4
- 2 Factors to Consider When Buying a Scope for the Colt M4 Rifle
- 3 Conclusion
Are you looking for the best scope for Colt M4? In this post, we will share with you the best scopes for Colt M4.
If you are having a hard time finding the right scope for the Colt M4 Carbine, this will be the best guide for you.
In today’s post, we will share the features of some of the top recommended scopes available on the market today. The scopes in this review are compatible with the M4 Carbine.
In addition, we will also share some of the important features you have to consider when buying a scope for this assault rifle.
It is worth mentioning that the M4 Carbine is a compact variant of the M16A2 rifle. It was manufactured by Colt Defense for US Armed Forces. In the 21st century, warfighters also used this powerful rifle.
The Colt M4 Carbine is popular because it delivers outstanding performance even at extended ranges.
The accuracy of this weapon makes it a great choice for combat missions. It is important to note that the M4 Carbine has been used in military operations in Iraq ad Afghanistan.
However, the US Army acquired the design rights of M4 carbine from Colt. This allowed other manufacturers to contend with the designs they made.
This rifle comes with a direct gas operating system. This system offers a high level of firepower. In addition, it features a lightweight design.
It accepts 30 round magazines carrying 5.56mm ammunition. This includes the Nato M855/SS109 and US M193. A fully loaded 0-round magazine weighs about 0.45kg. This will not weigh you down when using it for a long time.
5 Best Scopes For Colt M4
If you want to get the best shooting experience with the Colt M$ Carbine, we recommend pairing it with a powerful scope.
However, there are many options available on the market today. In this review, we will share advanced combat optical gunsight (ACOG), EOTech holographic weapon sights, and red dot sights to help you narrow down your search.
These scopes feature durable construction and can handle powerful impact and recoil. In addition, the scope should have ample magnification depending on your shooting application. The scope should provide you with clear images across all the magnification levels.
Let us look at the best scopes for the Colt M4.1
Vortex Spitfire 3x Prism Scope – Best Scope for Colt M4
The Vortex Spitfire 3x Prism Scope is an AR-optimized magnified optic that includes an illuminated reticle option. This scope is ideal for the Colt M4 Carbine because it has a flat trajectory of the .55 grain 5.56x45mm cartridge in mind. We recommend it for ranges from zero to 500 yards.
If you are on the market for a scope with a Bullet Drop Compensator reticle, this is the best option for you from Vortex. This reticle in this scope can be illuminated with either red or green. It also includes five intensity settings for the reticle allowing you to use it in any lighting situation.
This scope is housed in a single piece chassis, which is milled from solid aluminum alloy. This makes it lightweight and allows you to maintain maneuverability and balance when you mount it on your rifle.
It is ideal for hunting and tactical shooting applications. This is because it includes elevation and windage dials with audible clicks. Each click allows you to move the point of impact 1/2 Minute of Angle (MOA). This gives you the ability to make fine adjustments for increased accuracy.
In addition, it includes O-ring seals to guard against moisture and dust. It has also been nitrogen gas purged to prevent internal fogging.
- It allows for a ½ MOA incremental adjustments for precision zeroing
- It includes a multi-height mount system, which allows for 30mm and 40mm mounting heights
- It includes a VIP warranty that ensures your scope is fixed at no cost
Primary Arms 2.5x Compact Prism Scope
If you are on the market for a scope from Primary arms, the Primary Arms 2.5x Compact Prism scope is an excellent choice for you. This scope features durable construction. This makes it an excellent choice for the M4 Carbine.
It is important to note that you can remove the base easily. This allows you to use this scope on the AR 15 or the M16.
The unique feature of this scope is that it comes with an Advanced Combined Sighting System CQB-M reticle. Most hunters and tactical shooters recommend this type of reticle because it offers clear images.
The other thing you should note is that it includes 11 brightness settings, which increases your chance of achieving quick acquisition. This makes it an excellent choice for close quartile military battles.
However, the only downside of this scope is that it has a poor battery life, especially if you use it on the highest brightness setting.
- It comes with up to 11 brightness settings
- It features a compact design, which is ideal for hunting and shooting applications
- It is constructed from high-quality materials to ensure it lasts for a long time.
Trijicon ACOG 4 X 32 Scope Dual Illuminated Chevron .223 Ballistic Reticle
The Trijicon ACOG 4 X 32 is a great solution for enthusiasts looking for a dependable scope. This scope is constructed from durable aluminum combined with a Cerakote finish. This ensures that the scope lasts for a long time.
The indestructible construction can resist fog, water, and shock. This ensures that the scope offers outstanding performance, even after continuous use.
This scope is popular because it operates without a battery. This is because the reticle is illuminated through a tritium and fiber optic cable. It is worth mentioning that the reticle adjusts the brightness level automatically depending on the surrounding light.
In addition, the reticle on this scope utilizes the Bindon Aiming Concept (BAC). This allows you to aim well with both of your eyes open.
- It does not use batteries to illuminate the reticle
- It helps to promote high situational awareness because of the BAC structure
- It features a durable construction
Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot Sight
If you are searching for a red dot sight, the Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot Sight is an excellent choice for your M4 Carbine. This scope features a sturdy construction that can last for a long time. This ensures that it can withstand heavy abuse, even when you use it for a long time.
It is important to note that this scope is has a lightweight design. This means that it will not weigh you down when using it for close combat shooting applications.
This red dot sight is compatible with most Picatinny rails. It is ideal for competitive shooting and hunting as well.
The adjustment dial is very easy to use. It allows you to adjust the brightness easily based on your shooting application. This scope comes with 11 adjustments, which provides you with sharp pictures.
It is worth mentioning that this scope operates using a CR2032 battery. You can also submerge it in water up to 10 feet in depth.
- It features a compact design
- It provides you with clear glass suitable for different shooting applications
- It is very easy to mount on the M4 Carbine
Vortex Optics Razor AMG UH-1 Holographic Sight
The Vortex Optics Razor AMG UH-1 is a durable holographic site that comes with an outstanding warranty. This scope features a sturdy design that can withstand powerful recoil and impact.
This scope utilizes a single-fused holographic element without any moving component. This means that this scope produces sharp and clear images that are not distorted.
This scope comes with a micro USB port that allows you to recharge the battery. It is worth mentioning that this scope utilizes a highly efficient power system to promote long battery life.
Beginners will not have a hard time using this scope because it is very easy to install it on a wide range of Picatinny or Weaver-style bases.
- It eliminates the need of using an obstructive secondary shroud
- It has a long battery life
- It is very easy to use and install
Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6×24
The Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6×24 is one of the best scopes for the M4 Carbine. This scope is popular because it will provide you with the versatility and speed you need for hunting or tactical shooting applications.
The most outstanding feature of this scope is the BDC reticle that features 11 different illumination settings. This removes any guesswork when you are aiming for targets in any lighting situation.
It is important to note that you can adjust the sighting tool using the power adjustments, depending on your shooting requirements.
In addition, this scope features fully and multiple coated lenses to provide you with crisp vision. This feature is very useful when hunting in a low lighting ambiance. You can also use it even in the harshest conditions because it is fog-proof, shockproof, and waterproof.
- The Dead-Hold BDC reticle is perfect for shooting or hunting in various ranges where it would be challenging to estimate holdover
- It is an all-weather and all-terrain performance scope
- Its rugged construction can withstand recoil and impact
Factors to Consider When Buying a Scope for the Colt M4 Rifle
As you have seen, there are many options available on the market for the Colt M4 rifle. It is important to first define your shooting requirements first. This will make the selection process easier.
Here are some of the factors you need to consider before buying an M4 scope.
- Durability – The scope you buy should be constructed from durable materials to ensure its longevity. This ensures that they last for a very long time.
- Brightness and Clarity – It is important to purchase a scope that that will provide you with clear images across all the magnification levels. This is very important for a hunter or shooter, especially during dusk or dawn when the lighting is minimal.
- Eye Relief – This is the space between the sighting tool and your eye. You need to purchase a scope with eye relief that can be adjusted based on the magnification. This helps to prevent a black eye from heavy recoil generated.
- Versatility – We highly recommend purchasing a versatile scope that is ideal for both hunting and tactical shooting applications.
- Mounting – It is important to note that the M4 has a full-auto setting. This means that you need to mount your scope on a base that is solid and secure. This ensures that the scope does not losing its zero when you empty the magazine.
- Reticle – The reticle is one of the important features you need to consider. This is because it helps the shooter to aim at a target easily. We recommend buying a scope with a ballistic reticle, Bullet Drop Compensation (BDC) reticle, or high-quality red dot sight.
- Lens Coating – The best scope for the Colt M4 Carbine should be coated with a special film to reduce the amount of glare when using the scope. The coating also improves light transmission, which makes it very easy to aim at a target.
- Weatherproofing – We recommend purchasing a waterproof scope that can handle everything nature throws at it. You should be able to use your scope in foggy conditions.
- License – It is important to note that you need to get a Federal Firearms License, for you to legally own an authentic, fully automatic M4 carbine. This license allows you to own and operate a gun store.
In summary, we have shared the features of the best scopes for the Colt M4 Carbine. The scopes have durable construction and they will deliver value for each buck you spend on it. In addition, we have shared some of the important factors you need to consider when buying a scope for this powerful rifle.
The U.S military uses the M4 with Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight (ACOG) scopes. They offer different fixed magnification levels ranging from 1.5x up to 6x. You can also use holographic and red dot sights depending on your shooting applications.
However, it is important to note that you need a license for you to own and operate this rifle. If you own one, then you should be skilled enough to use it to aim at targets easily.
We hope that this buying guide helped you to make a satisfactory purchase.