Are you having a hard time searching for the best scope for 600 800 yards? In today’s post, we are going to look at the top recommended options available today for this range. In addition, we will share some of the features you need to consider when buying the best scope for 600 to 800 yards.
If you are an avid long range shooter, you know that hitting any target that is beyond 600 yards is not an easy task. You need to pair your rifle with the best scope for you to get the best shooting results.
It is worth mentioning that shooting at extreme ranges is a popular sport or hobby for most enthusiasts. It is a very thrilling and addictive challenge that is worth the effort.
For you to hit a target at 600 to 800 yards, you will need a high-quality optic that will provide you with clear images. The scope should be packed with many features to help you make accurate shots at extreme distances.
If you do a quick search on the internet, you will find that there are many options available in the market today. This makes it hard to find the right scope because of the sheer number of features you have to go through.
In addition, you need a scope that is compatible with your rifle. This is why it is important to first define your shooting requirements. This ensures that you do not make the expensive mistake of buying a scope that does not suit your shooting needs. This is why we created this buying guide to help you out.
Best Scope For 600 800 Yards
The best scope for 600 to 800 yards should provide you with ample magnification to view targets at varying distances. In addition, it should have a high quality reticle that offers easy adjustment for elevation and windage. This helps to eliminate any guesswork in your shooting applications.
The other factors you should consider are the adjustment, magnification, and budget. Read on, as we will explain these important factors in detail.
Let us look at the top recommended options available today.
Vortex Optics Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27×56 FFP Riflescope
If you are looking for a high end scope, the Vortex Optics Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27×56 FFP Riflescope is an excellent choice for you. This scope is made from durable materials for strength and rigidity. It also ensures that the scope lasts for a long time, even after repeated use.
The most outstanding feature of this scope is the APO system that corrects color across the entire visual spectrum. In addition, the premium extra-low dispersion glass delivers the best resolution and color fidelity, resulting in high-definition images.
This scope features quality optics that provide you with a clear view even at extended ranges. The lenses optimize image sharpness and brightness from edge to edge.
In addition, the reticle is illuminated to provide you with precise aiming under low-light conditions. The high durable hard-coat anodization provides a low-glare matte surface and helps camouflage the shooter’s position.
The other outstanding feature is the anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces provide maximum light transmission. This will offer you the best clarity and is the pinnacle of low-light performance.
It is worth mentioning that this scope comes with a 34 mm diameter tube that is made from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and rigidity.
It is important to note that this scope is a bit expensive compared to other options. However, the price should not be an issue if the scope fits your shooting requirements.
- It comes with a mechanism for preventing accidental adjustments
- It provides you with clear images even at the highest magnification levels
- The O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust, and debris from penetrating
Athlon Optics Argos BTR Riflescope 6-24x50mm
The Athlon Optics Argos BTR Riflescope 6-24x50mm is another excellent scope for 600 to 800-yard shooting applications. This scope is widely used for hunting and tactical shooting applications.
It is worth mentioning that this scope comes with 6-24x magnification. In addition, the 50mm objective lens is an additional factor for clear vision.
This scope is suitable for beginners because the 0.5 mil hashmark of this scope will make it easy to aim targets, even if they are moving.
The unique feature of this scope is the XLP coating that protects the lens from dirt, grease, water, and any other foreign material.
In addition, this first focal plane reticle features an illuminated reticle. This reticle features an illuminated technology that allows you to use your rifle effectively in almost any lighting condition. This makes it ideal for hunting applications that take place at dusk or dawn.
The durable construction of this scope ensures that it will last for a long time. It can also withstand powerful impact and recoil.
We highly recommend this scope because of the weatherproof construction. You can also use this rifle in a wide range of temperatures.
- It is made of aircraft quality aluminum
- It features fully multi coated optical lens
- It has an XPL coating to protect the lens from foreign materials
Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25x56mm
The Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25x56mm is another excellent scope for 600 to 800 yards. This reliable scope is compatible with most premium long-range rifles and ammunition. This is why we included it in this buying guide.
This high end scope is constructed from durable materials to ensure that it lasts for a long time, even after continuous use. It can also withstand powerful recoil and impact.
In addition, the O-ring seals allow you to use your rifle effectively in a multitude of pressure changes. This makes it ideal for hunting, competition, or tactical applications.
The high quality glass included in this scope is very clear, allowing you to aim at targets at varying distances. In addition, the Twilight Max HD Light Management System helps to reduce glare by 90 percent in any lighting situation.
The exceptional glass is clear across all the magnification levels. The proprietary blend of inert gases also enhances the image quality and color fidelity.
- It has a tactile feel and audible click of the turret adjustments
- It features a rugged construction
- It features the Twilight Max HD Light Management System
Zeiss Victory V8 2.8-20x56mm
The Zeiss Victory V8 2.8-20x56mm is a high end scope that comes with many outstanding features to provide you with clear images across all the magnification levels. Most enthusiasts recommend this scope because this scope is the finely engineered focal lens.
In addition, it features excellent optical properties that will allow you to use it even in the harshest weather conditions.
This reliable scope provides 92%light transmission, allowing you to use it in any lighting situation. This makes it a great scope for hunting at dusk or dawn.
The other reason why you should include this scope in your collection is the ASV bullet drop compensator. This feature is very helpful when you are focusing on a distant target. It will estimate the bullet drop distance and this makes it very hard to miss a shot.
Another outstanding feature of this scope is the exclusive LotuTec and Zeiss T* coatings. These coatings enhance light transmission and color resolution. In addition, the wide field of view increases your success rate, even if you are far.
This scope is ideal for indoor shooting and hunters as well. It will take your shooting game to the next level, as it will help you hone your shooting skills.
The extreme zoom option is very reliable and can be a lifesaver. This is because you cannot predict what will happen when you are in the woods.
This scope is expensive compared to other options that are available today. However, the features included are worth the price.
- It includes a 56mm objective lens with a wide field of view to increase your success rate
- It includes a high transmission Schott glass fluorite lens
- It includes an ASV bullet drop compensator that removes any guesswork in your shooting
Nightforce NX8 F1 Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 4-32x 50mm ZeroStop Daylight Illumination Integrated Power Throw Lever MOAR Reticle Matte
The other excellent scope for 600 – 800 yards on our list today is the Nightforce NX8 F1. Most long range shooting enthusiasts recommend this scope because of the ZeroStop elevation adjustment for a rapid return to zero.
This scope is constructed from high quality materials to ensure that it lasts for a long time. The durable construction can also withstand recoil and impact.
It includes a 50 mm objective to maximize light transmission to offer you the best optimized resolution. In addition, it also features an adjustable parallax from 11 yards to infinity.
The unique feature of this scope is the integrated Power Throw Lever. This feature ensures that you can make fast power changes.
This scope comes with a 4x to 32x magnification. This offers you the ability to detect, identify and engage targets at long range. This magnification range is perfect for any hunting or shooting application. The wide zoom allows fast engagements at close range.
- The turrets are caped for windage adjustments
- It includes a locking diopter adjustment
- It features a powerful First Focal Plane reticle
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Scope for 600 to 800 Yards
If you are planning to use your scope for hunting or shooting applications within a range of 600 to 800 yards, you need to consider some important factors. This is because you need to buy a scope that will deliver value for the money you spend.
The main aim of this section is to help you narrow down your search further. However, this list is not exhaustive but these are the most important:
- Magnification – The magnification of the scope is very important if you want to use it for extended ranges. We recommend buying a scope with high magnification so that you can see clearly at extended ranges.
- Reticle – The reticle is one of the important features you need to consider when buying a scope for shooting at extended ranges. This is because it helps the shooter to aim at a target easily and eliminates any guesswork in your shooting applications. It is important to buy a scope with a ballistic reticle, Bullet Drop Compensation (BDC) reticle, or a high quality red dot sight. This will help to remove any guesswork, allowing you to hit targets accurately.
- Eye Relief – This is the space between the sighting tool and your eye. It is important to purchase a scope with eye relief that can be adjusted based on the magnification. This helps to prevent a black eye from heavy recoil generated from long range rifles.
- Versatility – We highly recommend buying a versatile scope that is ideal for both hunting and tactical shooting applications. This is highly recommended if you have a huge collection of firearms.
- Weatherproofing – It is important to buy a waterproof scope that can handle everything nature throws at it. You should also be able to use your scope in foggy conditions.
- Brightness and Clarity – When buying a scope for extended ranges, it is important to purchase a scope that that will provide you with clear images across all the magnification levels. This is very important when it comes to long range shooting applications.
- Durability – The scope you buy should be made of durable materials to ensure its longevity. This ensures that they last for a very long time. A durable scope can handle powerful recoil and impact.
- Lens Coating – We recommend buying a scope that comes with coated lenses to minimize the reflection of light. This results in a clearer and brighter sight. The top recommended coatings are coated, fully coated, multi-coated, and fully multi-coated.
In summary, we have looked at the features of the best scopes for 600 to 800 yards that are available today. The scopes shared in this guide come with high quality glass to provide you with the best vision across all the magnification levels.
In addition, the glass is coated to provide you with an unobstructed view even at high magnification levels. These scopes are compatible with most rifles that shoot at 600 to 800 yards.
As mentioned earlier, it is important to first define your shooting requirements to make the selection process easy for you. In addition, it ensures you do not make the expensive mistake of buying a scope that does not offer reliable performance.
We hope that this guide helped you to make a satisfactory purchase.