If you are looking for the best scope for 5.56 x45mm NATO, you are in the right place. In today’s guide, we will look at the features of the best scopes for this category. In addition, we will share the important factors you need to consider when buying the best scope for the 5.56 X45mm NATO.
This rifle cartridge has been derived from the .223 Remington cartridge but they are not identical. Most enthusiasts recommend this cartridge impacts at high velocity and create a rapid transfer of energy. This results in a dramatic wounding effect, making it ideal for hunting applications.
The 5.56×45mm NATO is a small sized, lightweight cartridge that can be used in military service because it produces relatively low bolt thrust and free recoil impulse. The case of this cartridge is 62,000 psi of service pressure.
It is important to note that you need to pair this cartridge with a reliable scope for you to get the best shooting experience. However, finding the right scope can be very challenging because there are many scopes available in the market today. This is why we created this guide to help you out.
Before you proceed, it is important to first define your shooting requirements. This ensures that you get the right scope for your shooting applications. For example, if you are using a bolt action rifle, you need a scope that has enough clearance to easily work the action and chamber a new round.
It is worth mentioning that we have considered important customer reviews and recommendations when creating this guide. This means that you will not make the expensive mistake of purchasing a scope that is not compatible with the 5.56×45mm NATO.
5 Best Scopes for 5.56 X45mm
The best scope for the 5.56 X45mm should have high quality glass to provide you with clear vision across all the magnification levels. In addition, it should provide you with ample magnification for your shooting applications.
The best scope for this cartridge should have sturdy construction to ensure it lasts for a long time. The durability of the scope you buy ensures that it can withstand powerful recoil and impact.
Let us look at the top recommended options available in the market today.1
Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25x56mm Riflescope – Overall Best Scope for 5.56 x45mm
The Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25x56mm is the best long range scope for the 5.56 X45mm. It is constructed from durable materials, which can withstand impact and powerful recoil from the 5.56 X45mm cartridge.
Most enthusiasts recommend this powerful scope because it has the best price to performance ratio. In addition, it is packed with complementary features to provide you with the best vision in any climate or lighting condition.
The O-ring seals allow you to use your rifle effectively in a multitude of pressure changes. This scope will deliver some serious value for the money.
This scope is ideal for any hunting or shooting application. This is because the proprietary blend of inert gases also enhances the image quality and color fidelity. In addition, the Twilight Max HD Light Management System helps to reduce glare.
The lightweight design of this scope will not weigh you down when using it for hunting expeditions. It is 20 ounces lighter than other optics in this class.
- It features a first focal plane reticle
- It has a tactile feel and audible click of the turret adjustments
- It features the Twilight Max HD Light Management System
Vortex Optics Viper HS-T 6-24×50 SFP – Vortex Best Scope for 5.56 x45mm
If you are in the market for a reliable scope second focal plane reticle for the 5.56 X45mm cartridge, the Vortex Optics Viper HS-T 6-24×50 is an excellent scope for you. This scope is specifically designed for hunting operations, which is one of the major functions of the 5.56 X45mm cartridge.
The exceptional feature of this scope is the precision force spring system. This system ensures maximum repeatability and ease of adjustment. In addition, the precision glide erector system ensures the components in the zoom lens mechanism glide smoothly and cleanly.
This versatile scope can be used for target shooting and tactical shooting as well. It features a convenient, fast focus eyepiece that allows the shooter to adjust the reticle for clear vision easily.
Most enthusiasts recommend that this scope because it is constructed from durable material that can withstand recoil and impact. However, it is expensive, but it is packed with premium features.
- It features repeatable turret adjustments
- It includes O-ring seals that prevent water from penetration into the scope
- It features a rugged, one-piece tube construction for enhanced performance
Simmons 8-Point 3-9x50mm Rifle Scope
The Simmons 8-Point 3-9x50mm Rifle Scope is a reliable scope features fully coated optics for optimal brightness. This allows you to use your rifle effectively in almost any lighting condition.
The most outstanding feature of this scope is the QTA eyepiece that allows quick target acquisition. This feature makes it an ideal choice for hunting and tactical shooting applications.
The single piece tube is constructed from durable materials to ensure that it lasts for a long time, even after continuous use. The fog-proof performance allows you to use your rifle effectively in a wide range of shooting applications.
The magnification of this scope ranges from 3-9X, which is ample for the .450 Bushmaster bolt action. It also offers effortless adjustments for its ¼ MOA SureGrip. This allows you to adjust the windage and elevation.
In addition, this scope features fully coated optics for optimal brightness. This allows you to use your rifle effectively in almost any lighting condition.
However, this scope is bulkier than most models with the same features.
- It features true zero windage and elevation adjustment
- The one-inch solid tube is durable
- It is recoil-proof and shockproof
Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10x40mm Riflescope – Leupold Best Scope for 5.56 x45mm
The Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10x40mm features a sturdy construction that can withstand powerful recoil and impact. This versatile scope comes with high quality glass to provide you with the best vision.
The generous amount of eye relief will protect your eye sockets from powerful recoil bumps, even at high magnification levels.
The exceptional feature of this scope is the Twilight Max coating. This coating allows you to use your rifle effectively at varying distances and in any lighting condition. This makes it easy to zoom in on a target, especially when hunting from dusk to dawn.
Most hunters recommend this scope because it comes with a duplex reticle and is very lightweight. The coating on the lens protects it from scratches and dust particles. In addition, it comes with tactile turrets.
We recommend this reliable scope because it comes with an excellent lifetime warranty.
- It comes with a duplex reticle and tactile turrets
- It is constructed from durable materials to ensure longevity
- It offers good eye relief to protect you from recoil
Bushnell Banner 3-9×40 Dusk & Dawn Circle-X Reticle
The Bushnell Banner 3-9×40 is designed for both beginners and experienced shooters who can use this scope to improve their accuracy and precision. It is very easy to use and will deliver high-definition clarity.
This scope has a magnification of 3-9X, which is suitable for most hunting applications for hunting at close to mid range distances. You can also use windage and elevation adjustments, especially when hunting. This eliminates any guesswork, allowing you to use your rifle efficiently.
The exceptional feature of this scope is the quick-focus eyepiece. It allows you to see your target without any difficulty.
This scope features a beautiful and durable design. The durable construction ensures that the scope lasts for a long time, even after continuous use.
We highly recommend this scope because it will provide you with reliable performance across each magnification level.
- The fog proof construction allows you to use the rifle in a wide variety of temperatures
- It features a durable construction
- It features a quick focus eyepiece
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Scope for 5.56 x45mm
Some enthusiasts might have a hard time finding the right scope for the money. This is because there are many factors to consider.
To help you make a good choice, we have compiled the important factors you need to consider when buying a top-rated scope for the 5.56 X45mm cartridge.
- Durability – It is important to buy a scope constructed from durable materials to ensure its longevity. This ensures that they last for a very long time. In addition, durable scopes can withstand powerful recoil and impact, even after continuous use.
- Eye Relief – This is the space between the sighting tool and your eye. We highly recommend buying a scope with eye relief that can be adjusted based on the magnification. This helps to prevent a black eye from heavy recoil generated.
- Weatherproofing – We recommend purchasing a waterproof scope that can handle everything nature throws at it. You should be able to use your scope in foggy conditions. This is very important if you want to use your scope for hunting expeditions that occur at varying weather conditions.
- Price – We recommend buying a scope that will provide real value for the money you spend. You need to buy a high-quality scope that will provide you with a relentless performance each time you use it. Higher-priced scopes come with outstanding features that take your shooting level to the next level.
- Reticle – We highly recommend checking the reticle of the scope you purchase. Large reticles are excellent for low-light shooting applications. On the other hand, thinner reticles allow you to be more precise but are difficult to use in low-light conditions. Therefore, you need to pick a reliable scope with a good reticle to provide you with a relentless performance at varying distances.
- Lens Coating – The lens coatings are very important for light transmission. The scope you buy should include proprietary coatings if you want to see a clear image across all the magnification levels. In addition, these coatings help to reduce glare and loss of light caused by reflection.
- Lens Size – We highly recommend checking the lens size of the scope you want to purchase. Any scope with a lens size below 32mm will reduce the quality of the sight picture. If the lens is larger than 40 or 42 mm, it will be too bulky for your rifle. It is important to use a scope with a lightweight design. Heavy scopes, will throw it off balance and this will affect your hunting or target shooting experience.
- Versatility – It is important to purchase a versatile scope that is ideal for both hunting and tactical shooting applications. This is essential if you have a large arsenal.
- Reticle – It is important to check the reticle of the scope you purchase. Large reticles are great for low-light shooting applications. On the other hand, thinner reticles allow you to be more precise but are difficult to use in low-light conditions. Therefore, you need to pick a reliable scope with a good reticle to provide you with a relentless performance at varying distances.
Finding the right scope for the 5.56 X45mm cartridge can be a daunting task, especially if you are a beginner. This is why we created this buying guide to help you narrow down your search.
These scopes are very easy to use and will provide you with the best shooting experience, even in low lighting situations. In addition, you will be able to use your scope in almost any climatic condition.
The scopes we have included will help you focus on targets over long ranges. In addition, they are very durable to ensure that they last for a very long time.
We hope that this guide helped you make a well-informed purchase.