Table of Contents
- 1 Best Scope For 308 Savage Axis
- 2 Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Scope For 308 Savage Axis
- 3 Conclusion
Finding the best scope for 308 Savage Axis can be a challenging task because there are many options available in the market today. In this buying guide, we will be looking at the features of the top recommended scopes available in the market today. Read on, as we will also share the important factors you need to consider when buying the best scope in this category.
Before we look at the best optics available, it is important to learn more about the .308 Savage Axis. This ensures that you pair it with a compatible scope to provide you with the best vision across the entire visual spectrum.
The Savage Axis is a reliable rifle that can be paired with the .308 cartridge for a wide range of tactical shooting and hunting applications. This cartridge is ideal for short, medium, and long-distance shooting.
For you to deliver accurate and consistent shots using the .308 Savage Axis, you need to pair it with a reliable scope. You should also have some shooting experience.
However, there are many scopes available, and each scope comes with different features. This is why we created this guide to help you narrow down your search.
Best Scope For 308 Savage Axis
The best scope for the .308 Savage Axis should offer you the best magnification, some form of bullet drop compensation, and turret adjustments. In addition, you should invest in a scope that is constructed from durable materials to ensure its longevity.
It is important to buy a scope that is effective between a range of 800 and 1000 yards. This means that you need a scope with a higher magnification.
The other important element you should consider is the reticle focal plane. This is the position of the reticle in a scope tube. It can either be a First Focal Plane (FFP), or a Second Focal Plane (SFP) reticle.
Most enthusiasts recommend first focal plane scopes first focal plane scopes. This is because they allow you to measure the shooting distance, which is very important.
Let us look at the top recommended options available today.
Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 5-25x 50mm RZR Zero Stop Side Focus First Focal Illuminated EBR-7C MOA Reticle Matte
The Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II 5-25x 50mm is the best scope for the .308 Savage Axis. This scope comes with a first focus focal illuminated reticle, which greatly improves the shooting accuracy even in low light conditions.
The extra low dispersion glass increases resolution and color fidelity. This results in crisp, sharp images in any lighting condition. The proprietary coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces increase light transmission.
The unique feature of this scope is the hash-marked reticle using MOA or MRAD-based subtension lines. In addition, the reticle is designed to protect the two layers of glass for optimum durability and reliability.
This scope includes floating wind hold dots for ranging, holdover, and windage corrections. These features help to eliminate any guesswork in your shooting applications.
It also features a precision force spring system, precision glide erector system, and an ArmorTek coating on the exterior. The hard anodized finish provides a low-glare matte surface. This feature also helps to conceal your shooting position.
However, this scope is a little bit pricey, but the premium features included are worth the price.
- It includes proprietary coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces
- It is constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and rigidity
- It includes a rapid zero return feature that stops the turret from dialing below sight in range
NightForce SHV 5-20X56 Rifle Scope
If you are searching for a scope with a large objective lens, the NightForce SHV 5-20X56 Rifle Scope is an excellent choice for you. The wide objective lens of 56 mm provides a wide field of view to ensure you do not miss any target. It also allows enough light to be transmitted through the scope.
This scope is made of high quality materials to ensure it lasts for a long time even after repeated use. This ensures that the scope provides reliable performance in different weather conditions. This is because of the waterproof, fog-proof, and shockproof construction.
The exceptional feature of this scope is the illuminated MOAR reticle. This reticle allows you to hit targets accurately even in low light conditions. This makes it ideal for long range hunting applications that take place at dusk or dawn.
The other unique feature is the premium quality glass that provides the best vision across all the magnification levels. This scope has a magnification of 5-20x, which is ideal for long range shooting applications.
We highly recommend this scope for your .308 Savage Axis because it provides reliable performance at varying ranges.
- It is made from high quality materials to ensure durability
- This scope comes with an etched reticle for improved visibility
- It offers a wide field of view
Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44mm Riflescope
If you are using the .30 Savage Axis for hunting small animals like coyotes, the Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44mm is an excellent choice for you. It is packed with premium level features to provide you with the best vision across all the magnification levels.
The exceptional feature of this scope is the legendary Twilight Max Light Management System. This system gives you an additional 20 to 30 minutes of shooting light. This means that you can use your rifle effectively even in low light conditions.
The Twilight Max Light Management System also helps reduce glare. This ensures that you get clear images that are color accurate.
It is important to note that this scope comes with an excellent lifetime warranty. This ensures that the scope is repaired or fixed if it suffers any damage. This provides real value for the money you spend.
The set of precision windage and elevation adjustment turrets included are very easy to use. They offer tactile feedback as you move them, which is very helpful when zooming in on a moving target. In addition, they help to eliminate any guesswork in your shooting applications.
However, the button to turn on the illuminated reticle is not very consistent compared to other scopes.
- It comes with a Twilight Max Light Management System
- It comes with an excellent lifetime warranty
- It comes with an illuminated reticle that automatically turns off
Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24×50
The Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24×50 is a reliable scope that attempts to bridge the gap between tactical and hunting markets. This scope is compatible with the .308 Savage Axis to provide you with the best shooting experience.
It is worth mentioning that the turrets included are tactile with an audible click, making it easy to zero in on a target and adjust later. The repeat zero setting is very useful, but it takes some time to learn how to use it well.
This scope is ideal for hunting because the coated lenses ensure the scope efficiently pushes through light to provide a clear picture in most light situations.
This heavy scope is built out of strong anodized aircraft-grade aluminum. The internal parts are also durable, and they hold up easily to sunlight.
The multi-coated, low depression lenses offer brilliant resolution and color fidelity. The XR coating ensures that light is gathered efficiently, and the Armotek coating protects the lenses.
The side focus parallax adjustment provides optimal image focus, ensuring that you never miss any shot. This is perfect for long range shots.
- It comes with an incredible VIP warranty that promises to replace or repair the scope throughout its lifetime
- It is argon purged to deliver a waterproof and fog-proof performance
- It is designed to be adjusted by repeatable finger clicks
Athlon Optics Argos BTR Riflescope 6-24x50mm
If you are looking for an illuminated scope that allows you to effectively hit targets that are beyond 1000 yards, the Athlon Optics Argos BTR 6-24x50mm is an excellent scope for you.
This scope features a 6-24x magnification, which makes it an ideal choice for long range shooting applications. The XLP coating protects the lens from dirt, grease, water, and any other foreign material. In addition, the 50mm objective lens is an additional factor for clear vision.
The exceptional feature of this scope is the first focal plane reticle. This reticle features an illuminated technology that allows you to use your rifle effectively in almost any lighting condition. This makes it ideal for hunting applications that take place at dusk or dawn.
This scope is suitable for beginners because the 0.5 mil hashmark of this scope will make it easy to aim targets, even if they are moving.
We highly recommend this scope because of the weatherproof construction. You can also use this rifle in a wide range of temperatures.
- It is made of aircraft quality aluminum
- It features fully multi coated optical lens
- It has an XPL coating to protect the lens from foreign materials
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Scope For 308 Savage Axis
If you are properly trained, it is very easy to achieve greater precision and repeatable accuracy when using the best scope for .308 Savage Axis.
In this section, we will share some of the important features you need to consider when buying a scope for the .308 Savage Axis. The main aim of this section is to help you make a well informed purchase.
- High Quality Glass – When buying a scope for the 308 Savage Axis, it is important to buy a scope that features high quality glass. The lens fitted on the scope should be coated to improve light transmission and protect the lens from scratches to provide an unobstructed field of view. This will ensure that you do not miss any target.
- Versatility – We highly recommend buying a versatile scope that is ideal for both hunting and tactical shooting applications. This will allow you to use it on another rifle. This is important if you have a large arsenal of firearms.
- Durability – The scope you buy should be constructed from high quality materials for strength and rigidity. This ensures that they last for a very long time and can withstand powerful recoil generated from firing the .308 Savage Axis.
- Weatherproofing – We highly recommend buying a waterproof scope that can handle everything nature throws at it. In addition, you should be able to use your scope in a wide range of temperatures.
- Ease of Use – The scope you buy should be very easy to use, especially if you are a beginner. It should be easy to make adjustments depending on your shooting applications. In addition, you should be able to mount it on your rifle.
- Lens Coating – The lens coatings are very important for light transmission especially when hunting in low light conditions. The scope you buy should include proprietary coatings if you want to see a clear image across all the magnification levels. These coatings also help to reduce glare and loss of light caused by reflection.
- Reticle – It is important to check the reticle of the scope you purchase. Large reticles are great for low light shooting applications. On the other hand, thinner reticles allow you to be more precise but are difficult to use in low light conditions. However, this entirely depends on your shooting application.
These are just some of the important features you should consider. It is important to note that this list is not exhaustive.
Choosing the best scope for .308 Savage Axis can be very confusing. However, we have shared the top recommended options to ensure you have the best shooting experience.
The scopes shared in this guide come with high quality glass to provide you with clear images that are color accurate. The lenses are also coated to ensure you have a clear unobstructed view.
It is worth mentioning that we considered other customer reviews and other top recommendations when creating this guide. This ensures that you do not make the expensive mistake of buying a scope that is not compatible with your rifle.
We hope that this guide helped you to make a well informed purchase.