Are you having a hard time searching for the best combat scope for AR 15 available today? In this post, we will be looking at the features of the best options recommended by avid enthusiasts. In addition, we will share some of the factors you need to consider when buying a scope for the AR-15 rifle.
The AR-15 is one of the most popular rifles in the United States. Due to the popularity of this rifle, you will get a ton of aftermarket support. This means that you can accessorize this rifle if you want a customized weapon.
One way you can customize this rifle is by pairing it with a high quality optic. Having a quality optic ensures that you can use your rifle effectively for different shooting applications.
The AR-15 is ideal for home defense, hunting wild hogs, competition shooting, and combat. It is important to buy a scope that will provide you with maximum performance in any situation. The scope should be effective at close range shooting applications.
However, there are many scopes available today, and each one comes with different features. This means that many substantial considerations need to be taken into account before buying any scope.
This makes it hard for some enthusiasts to narrow down their search. This is why we created this guide to help you out.
Best Combat Scope for AR 15
The best combat scope for an AR-15 should also be made from durable materials to ensure longevity. It should possess sturdy, waterproof, and fog-proof housing.
In addition, it should provide you with ample magnification depending on your shooting applications.
Before you look at the product reviews, we recommend that you first define your shooting requirements. This will ensure that you do not make the expensive mistake of buying a scope that is not compatible with your rifle.
Without wasting much time, let us look at the best combat scopes for the AR-15 rifle.
EOTech EXPS2 Holographic
EOTech EXPS2 is a modern and precise holographic sight that is packed with many features. It is one of the best combat scopes available today.
Most enthusiasts recommend it because of its lightweight design. This lightweight design makes it easier to operate the holographic sight much more effectively. It also does not increase the weight of the weapon.
It is important to note that humidity and other natural parameters do not have any impact on its precise operation. It features a highly protective hood that is made of aluminum all around the body of the lens. This structure helps to prevent glare, and it increases the protection of the module.
The exceptional feature of this scope is that you can make windage and elevation adjustments when hitting targets. This eliminates any guesswork and ensures that you hit all your targets.
The high quality glass provides shooters with a crystal-clear view. It has a capacity of covering 90 feet at about 100 yards.
It is important to note that this scope has a single 1 MOA or double red dot 1 MOA aiming point. This is one of the smallest dots, compared to other scopes.
- It offers 1/2 MOA adjustments
- It is water resistant
- It features a lightweight design
Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot Sight
The TRS-25 Red Dot features a sturdy construction that can last for a long time. It ensures that it can withstand heavy abuse, even when you use it for a long time.
Most enthusiasts recommend this scope because it is engineered with Amber-Bright optics to help you quickly distinguish between a brown tree and a brown critter. The lens is multi coated, allowing you to use it in low lighting conditions.
It is worth mentioning that you can use this sight easily with both eyes open (eye relief is unlimited). This increases the shooter’s awareness of the surrounding environment and provides faster target acquisition. This is why it is ideal for combat situations, competitive shooting, and hunting as well.
This Scope operates using a CR2032 battery that lasts for a very long time. You can also submerge it in water up to 10 feet in depth.
The other outstanding feature is the adjustable brightness settings from 1 to 11, illuminating the 3 MOA Dot reticle inside to help you with target acquisition better. The scope is also nitrogen-purged to prevent the red dot from fogging up due to humidity or rapid temperature changes.
- It is very easy to mount on any rifle
- It features a compact design
- It provides you with clear glass suitable for different shooting applications
Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6×24
The Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6×24 is a second focal plane scope that can magnify between 1-6x and features a 24 mm objective lens. This scope is excellent for close and medium range combat applications.
The exceptional feature of this scope is the BDC reticle. It features 11 different settings, which allows you to use your rifle effectively in any lighting situation.
This scope comes with fully and multiple coated lenses to provide you with crisp vision across all the magnification levels. This means that you can use it effectively even in a low lighting ambiance.
This scope is constructed from durable materials for strength and rigidity. It is made primarily of aircraft-grade aluminum to ensure that the scope lasts for a long time. In addition, it is O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged to ensure water and fog-proof performance under any circumstances.
We recommend this scope because it provides reliable performance and comes with a lifetime warranty.
- It is an all-weather and all-terrain performance scope
- It is constructed from durable aircraft-grade aluminum
- The O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust, and debris from penetrating
Primary Arms SLX 1-6×24
If you are looking for an affordable combat scope, the Primary Arms SLX 1-6×24 is an excellent scope for you. It is cheaper than other options, but it does not compromise on quality.
It is worth mentioning that you can use this scope effectively in almost any lighting condition. This is because it features a red illumination with 11 different brightness settings. This allows you to use your firearm effectively from dusk until dawn.
The glass included in this scope is super clear and provides you with crisp images. In addition, it is constructed from a 6063 aluminum alloy to withstand powerful impact and recoil.
This scope is designed in the second focal plane. This means that the reticle size remains the same across all the magnification levels. In addition, bullet drop compensation, wind holds, moving target leads, and range estimation is seamlessly integrated into this powerful scope. This helps to eliminate any guesswork in your shooting applications.
Most enthusiasts recommend this scope because of the generous eye relief. In addition, the eye box is forgiving and offers you a wide field of view. This means that you can shoot targets quickly, even with both eyes open.
- It features a pare reticle illumination battery compartment
- It is constructed from sturdy material that can withstand impact and recoil
- It features an exclusive, patented Advanced Combined Sighting System (ACSS) 22LR reticle
Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II 1-6×24
The other excellent combat scope for AR-15 is the Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II 1-6×24. Most enthusiasts prefer Vortex scopes because they are durable and come with a lifetime warranty.
It is important to note that this scope is made from a single piece of aircraft-grade aluminum. This ensures that it can be able to handle the recoil generated from the AR-15 rifle.
This scope is incredibly versatile and ideal for close to medium range shooting scenarios. This makes it a reliable scope for close combat situations.
The reticle offers shooters highly functional, intuitive, and detailed hold points yet remains uncluttered for optimal viewing and features 10 intensity levels with off positions between each setting.
The ten different brightness settings allow you to use your rifle effectively, depending on the shooting application. In addition, the illuminated duplex reticle with ranging and windage lines takes the guesswork out of ranging and moving targets. This makes it a great choice self defense.
This scope features generous eye relief and will provide you with crisp images across all the magnification levels. The O-ring seals ensure that moisture, dust, and debris, do not penetrate in the scope.
- The turrets are hand-adjustable and burled for easier gripping
- The 1-6x variable zoom is ideal for close to midrange shooting applications
- It is constructed from durable materials to ensure its longevity
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Combat Scope for AR-15
Most enthusiasts opt for maximum performance when searching for the best combat scope for AR-15. It is deemed as the top consideration for what makes a good scope for this rifle.
The scope you buy should be intended for combat situations. This means that it should be perfect for close and mid-range shooting. In addition, it is designed with plenty of brightness settings and ample magnification for close combat situations.
In this section, we will share some of the factors you should keep in mind when buying a combat scope for the AR-15 rifle. The main aim of this section is to help you make a satisfactory purchase.
- Value – It is important to buy a scope that provides value for the money you spend. Take in mind that sophisticated brands could impose the quality and price of the scope. This means that the reputation of the brand plays a significant factor in this. However, if you can’t afford some of the high-end brands, you can buy a reasonably priced scope that has the same quality and features.
- Durability – This is one of the most vital factors that must not be overlooked. The scope you buy should be constructed from durable materials to ensure its longevity. A sturdy construction also ensures that the scope can withstand recoil and impact.
- Weatherproofing – It is important to buy a waterproof scope that can handle everything nature throws at it. You should be able to use your scope in foggy conditions.
- Versatility – If you have a large arsenal of firearms, it is important to buy a versatile scope that is ideal for both hunting and tactical shooting applications.
- Lens Coating – The best combat scope for AR-15 should be coated with a special film to reduce the amount of glare when using the scope. The coating also improves light transmission, which makes it very easy to aim at a target.
- Eye Relief – This is the space between the sighting tool and your eye. You need to purchase a scope with eye relief that can be adjusted based on the magnification. This helps to prevent a black eye from heavy recoil generated.
- Reticle – It is also important to check the reticle of the scope you are buying. This is because it helps the shooter to aim at a target easily. The reticle should also be illuminated to help you use the scope effectively in low lighting situations.
In summary, we have looked at the best combat scopes for the AR-15 rifle. The scopes we have shared come with high quality glass to provide you with an unobstructed view across all the magnification levels.
In addition, these versatile scopes are ideal for various applications. They enable users to aim with precision and shoot at varying distances.
It is important to note that we considered customer reviews and other recommendations when creating this guide. This ensures that you get a high quality scope that will deliver value for the money you spend.
If you are still having a hard time selecting a scope, we recommend the Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6×24 SFP Rifle Scope. It comes with a lifetime warranty that ensures the scope is repaired or replaced when it is damaged.
We hope that this guide helped you to find the right scope for AR-15.