Table of Contents
- 1 Best AR 15 Scope for 3 Gun
- 2 Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Scope for AR 15 3 Gun
- 3 Conclusion
If you are having a hard time searching for the best AR 15 scope for 3 gun, you are in the right place. The main aim of this buying guide is to help you find a reliable scope that will deliver value for the money you spend. In addition, we will share some of the factors you need to consider when buying the best scope under this category.
The AR-15 is one of the popular semi-auto rifles available on the market today. For you to get the best shooting experience, you need to pair this rifle with the best scope. It will help make the process of aiming at your target a lot easier.
Most enthusiasts recommend AR-15s for 3-gun games because it is available in different barrel lengths, calibers, and add ons. In addition, there is a large amount of AR-15 rifles and scopes available on the market today.
3-gun is a popular recreational and competitive shooting sport that involves three different firearms rifle, pistol, and shotgun. This sport typically starts with an AR-15 style rifle and you need the best scope.
However, there are many scopes available and each one comes with different features. This makes it hard for some enthusiasts to find the right scope for the money. This is why we created this guide to help you out.
Best AR 15 Scope for 3 Gun
We have thoroughly researched the various options available for the best scope for AR-15 3-gun games. The best scope for this category should also offer you a decent magnification range.
In addition, it should provide you with the best bullet drop compensation system coupled up with a good magnification range. The single piece tube should be made from durable aluminum to ensure longevity.
The other thing you should check is the glass. It should be made with high quality glass to provide you with an unobstructed view.
Without wasting much time, let us get right into it.1
Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6×24 – Best Overall
If you are in the market for a second focal plane scope, the Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6×24 is an excellent choice for you. Most enthusiasts recommend this scope because of its versatility and speed.
This scope comes with fully and multiple coated lenses to provide you with crisp vision across all the magnification levels. This means that you can use it effectively even in a low lighting ambiance.
The most outstanding feature of this scope is the BDC reticle. This reticle helps to eliminate any guesswork in your shooting applications.
In addition, this scope features 11 different brightness settings, which allows you to use your rifle effectively in any lighting situation.
This scope can magnify between 1-6x and features a 24 mm objective lens. This magnification is excellent for close and medium range combat applications.
In addition, it is O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged to ensure water and fog-proof performance under any circumstances.
This scope is constructed from durable materials for strength and rigidity. It is made primarily of aircraft-grade aluminum to ensure that the scope lasts for a long time.
We recommend this scope because it will provide you with an unobstructed view for your 3-gun shooting applications. However, it takes a bit of time to learn how to use it effectively.
- It is an all-weather and all-terrain performance scope
- It is constructed from durable aircraft-grade aluminum
- The O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust, and debris from penetrating
Primary Arms SLX 1-6×24 Riflescope – Best Value
The Primary Arms SLX 1-6×24 is an affordable scope that does not compromise on quality. This scope is constructed from a 6063 aluminum alloy to withstand powerful impact and recoil.
The glass included in this scope is super clear and provides you with crisp images. It is designed in the second focal plane. This means that the reticle size remains the same across all the magnification levels.
Most 3-gun enthusiasts recommend this scope because of the generous eye relief. It is also worth mentioning that the eye box is forgiving and offers you a wide field of view. This makes it easy to acquire targets, even with both eyes open.
It is worth mentioning that you can use this scope effectively in almost any lighting condition. This is because it features a red illumination with 11 different brightness settings. This allows you to use your firearm effectively from dusk until dawn.
In addition, bullet drop compensation, wind holds, moving target leads, and range estimation is seamlessly integrated into this powerful scope. This helps to eliminate any guesswork in your shooting applications.
We recommend this scope because it provides reliable performance even after continuous use.
- It features a pare reticle illumination battery compartment
- It features an exclusive, patented Advanced Combined Sighting System (ACSS) 22LR reticle
- It is constructed from sturdy material that can withstand impact and recoil
Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II 1-6×24
The Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II 1-6×24 is another excellent scope that is compatible with the AR-15 rifle. It is also recommended for 3-gun competitive shooting applications because of the generous eye relief.
The reticle of this scope offers shooters highly functional, intuitive, and detailed hold points yet remains uncluttered for optimal viewing. It features 10 intensity levels with off positions between each setting.
The ten different brightness settings allow you to use your rifle effectively, depending on the shooting application.
In addition, the illuminated duplex reticle with ranging and windage lines takes the guesswork out of ranging and moving targets. This makes it a great choice self defense and competition shooting games.
It is important to note that this scope is made from a single piece of aircraft-grade aluminum. This ensures that it can be able to handle the recoil generated from the AR-15 rifle. The O-ring seals ensure that moisture, dust, and debris, do not penetrate in the scope.
We highly recommend this scope because it is durable and comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The turrets are hand-adjustable and burled for easier gripping
- The 1-6x variable zoom is ideal for close to midrange shooting applications
- It is constructed from durable materials to ensure its longevity
Vortex SPARC II Red Dot Scope – Best Compact Scope
If you are searching for a compact red dot scope for 3-gun sports, the Vortex SPARC II Red Dot Scope is an excellent choice for you. This scope weighs about a third of a pound and measuring 3.1 inches long. This means that you can mount it on a long rifle without having a significant impact on handling.
This scope runs on a single CR 2032 battery with a reported life of 300 hours at the maximum setting. This allows you to use your rifle effectively for a very long time.
The most outstanding feature of this scope is the digital rear facing controls for powering and adjusting the 2 MOA daylight bright red dot brightness at ten intensity levels. This scope automatically returns back to the last dot intensity used when powered up.
This scope is suitable for competitive shooting games because the controls are easily accessible. It includes two rear-facing buttons that adjust the brightness. The buttons are rubber-covered and provide a click with every push.
The versatile multi-height mount system allows you to use it on most firearms including AR-15s needing absolute or lower 1/3 co-witness heights. In addition, it is parallax free with unlimited eye relief.
We highly recommend this scope because it includes a VIP warranty, and the lenses are fully multi-coated to offer a clear field of view.
- It includes 10 intensity levels for the red dot
- It includes a modular three-piece base for the user- and weapon-specific customization
- It is made out of aircraft-grade aluminum making it very lightweight
Burris 300234 Fastfire III with Picatinny Mount 3 MOA Sight (Black)
If you are searching for a lightweight scope for the money, we recommend buying the Burris Fastfire III.This scope is reliable for 3-gun sports because it is designed for situations where the speed of target acquisition is vital.
This scope puts an unmistakable red dot at the point of impact within your field of view, ensuring you do not miss any target.
It is important to note that the reticle included in this scope is suitable for users who wear glasses or have astigmatism. In addition, it will provide you with the accuracy and speed you need for fast target acquisition.
Most enthusiasts recommend this scope because it is cheaper than other scopes with the same features as Aimpoint and Trijicon.
- It features a lightweight construction
- It is very easy to use
- It is affordable compared to other scopes
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Scope for AR 15 3 Gun
When buying a scope for 3-gun sports, most enthusiasts opt for maximum performance. This is one of the top considerations for what makes a good scope for this rifle. It is important to buy a scope that is compatible with the AR-15.
In this section, we will help make a well informed purchase. We will share some of the factors you should keep in mind when buying a combat scope for the AR-15 rifle.
Here are the important factors:
- Price – When buying any scope for 3-gun sports you need to buy one that will deliver value for the money spent. Take in mind that sophisticated brands could impose the quality and price of the scope. This means that the reputation of the brand plays a significant factor in this. If you can’t afford some of the high-end brands, we recommend buying a reasonably priced scope that is made of high quality materials.
- Weatherproofing – We recommend buying a waterproof scope that can handle everything nature throws at it. You should be able to use your scope in foggy conditions.
- Durability – This is one of the most vital factors you need to consider when buying any scope. The scope you buy should be constructed from durable materials to ensure its longevity. A sturdy construction also ensures that the scope can withstand recoil and impact.
- Eye Relief – This is the space between the sighting tool and your eye. You need to buy a scope with eye relief that can be adjusted based on the magnification. This helps to prevent a black eye from heavy recoil generated.
- Versatility – If you have a large arsenal of firearms, we recommend buying a versatile scope that is ideal for both hunting and tactical shooting applications.
- Reticle – When buying any scope, it is also important to check the reticle. This is because it helps the shooter to aim at a target easily. The reticle should also be illuminated to help you use the scope effectively in low lighting situations.
- Lens Coating – The best scope for AR-15 3-gun should be coated with a special film to reduce the amount of glare when using the scope. The coating also improves light transmission, which makes it very easy to aim at a target.
- Magnification – We recommend buying a scope with reliable magnification depending on your shooting application. It should provide you with clear images allowing you to use it for both close range and long-range shots.
- Objective Lens Size – We recommend buying a scope that lets in more light to produce a brighter image. This will allow you to use the scope effectively in any lighting condition.
In today’s buying guide, we have shared the features of the best scopes for AR-15 3-gun. These scopes are packed with many features to provide you with the best vision for your shooting applications.
The scopes we have shared come with high quality glass to provide you with an unobstructed view across all the magnification levels. In addition, they are made from high quality materials for strength and rigidity. They will last for a long time, even after repeated use.
It is worth mentioning that we considered customer reviews and important recommendations when creating this guide. This ensures that you do not make the expensive mistake of buying a scope that is not compatible with 3-gun sports.
If you are still having a hard time selecting a scope, we recommend the Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6×24 SFP Rifle Scope. This is because it features a BDC reticle and 11 different brightness settings.
We hope that this post helped you to find the right scope for the money.