Table of Contents
- 1 Top 6 Best Scopes for 6.8 SPC
- 1.1 Trijicon ACOG 4X32 Dual Illuminated Horseshoe Dot 6.8 Ballistic Scope – Overall Best Scope for 6.8 SPC
- 1.2 Leupold VX-R 3-9x40mm Riflescope
- 1.3 Vortex Optics Viper HS 2.5-10×44 Dead-Hold BDC Riflescope
- 1.4 SWFA SS 3-15×42 Tactical Riflescope
- 1.5 Simmons 8-Point 3-9x50mm Rifle Scope
- 1.6 Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44mm Riflescope
- 2 Factors to Consider When Buying a Scope for 6.8 SPC
- 3 Conclusion
Searching for the best hunting scope for 6.8 SPC can be a challenging task since there are dozens of best scope for 6.8 SPC in the market today.
Are you having a hard time finding the right scope for the 6.8 SPC cartridge? In today’s post, we will share the important features of the top recommended options available for the 6.8 SPC rifle cartridge.
Most enthusiasts use the 6.8 SPC cartridge on the AR-15 platform. It is commonly known as the 6.8mm Remington Special Purpose Cartridge.
This cartridge is designed to outperform the 5.56. It is worth mentioning that it has 40% more muzzle energy than the standard M855 load. This makes it a suitable choice for hunting varmints and medium sized game.
However, you need to pair your rifle with the best scope to get the best shooting experience. It is important to buy a scope that is compatible with the rifle you are using. In addition, it should be able to handle the recoil of this cartridge.
If you are a beginner, you may be overwhelmed with the choices. This is why we created this guide to help you find the right scope for the money.
Top 6 Best Scopes for 6.8 SPC
The best scope for the 6.8 SPC should have a quality build. This ensures that it will last for a long time, even after using it for a long time.
When buying a scope for this cartridge, it is also important to check the price, durability, features, and other special specs.
Some of the heavy duty scopes designed for 6.8 SPC cartridges are expensive. It is always important to compare all the options available in the market. You may find other brands that sell a scope with the same features at affordable prices.
However, the best scope depends on your shooting application. This is why it is important to define your requirements first, to make the selection process easy.
Other significant factors you should consider are the reticle, objective lens, eye relief, and size of the tube. Stick to the end, as we will explain these factors.
Let us look at the best scopes for the 6.8 SPC cartridge.
Trijicon ACOG 4X32 Dual Illuminated Horseshoe Dot 6.8 Ballistic Scope – Overall Best Scope for 6.8 SPC
The Trijicon ACOG 4X32 is a powerful scope that provides you with the accuracy and precision you need when firing the 6.8 SPC. This scope provides you with a fixed magnification of 4x with an objective lens of 32mm.
The unique feature of this scope is that it utilizes the Bindon Aiming Concept. This means that the scope comes with a dual led illuminated reticle that can be used in any lighting condition.
It is worth mentioning that this scope comes with fiber optics, which is perfect for daytime use. In addition, the tritium material creates its own light, allowing you to use your rifle in dim environments.
This scope is constructed from a durable aluminum alloy. This ensures that it lasts for a long time, even after continuous use.
The horseshoe reticle fitted on this scope can compensate for ballistics up to 800 meters. This makes it an excellent choice for close-range shooting as it has 2 MOA.
- It comes with a battery free illumination system
- It features a durable construction that will last for a long time
- It can be used in almost any lighting condition
Leupold VX-R 3-9x40mm Riflescope
The Leupold VX-R 3-9x40mm is a feature-rich scope that is compatible with the 6.8 SPC cartridge. This scope is reliable and delivers relentless performance across all the magnification levels.
This versatile scope features Leopold’s unique Twilight Light Management System. This system maximizes brightness, which allows you to use your rifle effectively in any lighting situation. This system enables the scope to reduce glare, balance light transmission and contrast.
The exceptional feature of this scope is that it features a FireDot illumination reticle. This reticle helps you to aim at any target easily because the center is illuminated.
In addition, the lens on this scope is coated to protect it from scratches and dust particles. It also has high-quality, fingertip adjustable turrets and an easy-focus eyepiece.
It is worth mentioning that this scope has motion sensor technology. This technology allows users to activate and adjust the reticle, depending on the shooting application. This system also deactivates the reticle after 5 minutes to save the battery life.
This scope also provides you with good eye relief. This ensures that you get brighter images and helps protect your eye socket from the powerful recoil.
- It comes with a twilight management system
- It features a powerful motion sensor technology
- It features a lightweight construction
Vortex Optics Viper HS 2.5-10×44 Dead-Hold BDC Riflescope
If you are on the market for a Vortex scope, the Vortex Optics Viper HS 2.5-10×44 is an excellent choice for you. This scope is designed for both hunting and target shooting applications.
The unique feature of this scope is the dead-hold BDC reticle. This reticle eliminates any guesswork by improving accuracy when shooting at varying distances.
In addition, the fast focus eyepiece allows for swift reticle focusing. It is also very easy to adjust the turrets to help lock in elevation and windage.
It is worth mentioning that this scope comes with a 44mm objective lens. This lens allows a generous amount of light to enter the scope. This results in clear images that are color accurate.
The lens on this scope is fully coated and is made out of extra-low dispersion glass. In addition, the MagView Bar and 0.25” MOA allow you to zoom in or out easier.
The Armortek coatings ensure that the scope is protected from scrapes. This ensures that your scope lasts for a long time.
However, this scope is a bit bulky compared to other options on this list.
- It comes with an excellent warranty
- It features a weatherproof construction
- It comes with a dead-hold BDC reticle
SWFA SS 3-15×42 Tactical Riflescope
The outstanding feature of this scope is the mil-quad reticle on the first focal plane. This means that the image remains clear because the reticle can magnify, making tracking targets very easy.
This scope is made of high-quality materials, which make it durable and rugged. This ensures that it can withstand powerful recoil and impact.
In addition, this scope is waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof. It also features an attractive matte finish and tactical design.
This scope includes a small lever on the mag ring. They are called the ‘cat tails’ and they provide better grip when making adjustments to your scope.
However, the turret design on this scope is a bit flimsy.
- It comes with multi-emerald coated lenses
- It features a Mil-Quad reticle
- It features a durable design
Simmons 8-Point 3-9x50mm Rifle Scope
The Simmons 8-Point 3-9x50mm is one of the best scopes for the 6.8 SPC cartridge. Most enthusiasts recommend this scope because it fully coated optics for optimal brightness. This allows you to use your rifle effectively in almost any lighting condition.
The magnification of this scope ranges from 3-9X, which is ample for the .450 Bushmaster bolt action. It also offers effortless adjustments for its ¼ MOA SureGrip. This allows you to adjust the windage and elevation.
The most outstanding feature of this scope is the QTA eyepiece that allows quick target acquisition. This feature makes it an ideal choice for hunting and tactical shooting applications.
The single piece tube is constructed from durable materials to ensure that it lasts for a long time, even after continuous use. In addition, the fog-proof performance allows you to use your rifle effectively in a wide range of shooting applications.
However, it is important to note that this scope is bulkier than most models with the same features.
- It features true zero windage and elevation adjustment
- The one-inch solid tube is durable
- The recoil-proof and shockproof performance
Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44mm Riflescope
If you want the best scope for varmint hunting, the Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44mm is a solid choice for you. This lightweight scope is used for hunting small animals like coyotes.
The most outstanding feature of this scope is the Twilight Max Light Management System. This system gives you an additional 20 to 30 minutes of shooting light. This allows you to use your rifle effectively in any lighting condition because it reduces glare, providing you with clear images.
The elevation dial makes it very easy to aim targets at varying ranges. This makes it an ideal choice for hunting any varmint.
It is important to note that this scope comes with a set of precision windage and elevation adjustment turrets. They offer tactile feedback as you move them, which make it easy to zoom in on a moving target.
- It comes with a Twilight Max Light Management System
- It comes with an excellent lifetime warranty
- It comes with an illuminated reticle that automatically turns off
Factors to Consider When Buying a Scope for 6.8 SPC
By now, we are sure that you have selected a scope for the 6.8 SPC rifle cartridge. However, it can be a daunting task to narrow down your search, especially if you are a beginner.
In this section, we will share some of the important factors you need to consider when buying a scope for this cartridge.
Here are the factors:
- Objective Lens Size – The objective lens size is the diameter of the lens closest to the barrel of the rifle, and farthest away from the stock of the rifle. It is important to purchase a scope with an objective lens that lets in more light to produce a brighter image.
- Durability – The scope you buy should be constructed from durable materials to ensure its longevity. This ensures that they last for a very long time. In addition, durable scopes can withstand powerful recoil and impact, even after continuous use. It is important to note that the scopes included on this list are very durable.
- Versatility – It is a good choice to buy a versatile scope that is ideal for both hunting and tactical shooting applications. This will allow you to use it on another rifle.
- Reticle – We recommend checking the reticle of the scope you purchase. Large reticles are great for low light shooting applications. On the other hand, thinner reticles allow you to be more precise but are difficult to use in low light conditions. However, this entirely depends on your shooting application.
- Magnification – You must ensure the riflescope you purchase provides you with ample magnification. This allows you to use your rifle effectively at varying distances. This is very important, especially if you are using the scope for hunting.
- Cost – It is important to buy a scope that fits your shooting requirements. Some scopes are a bit pricy, but they have a good price to performance ratio. Therefore, you need to check the quality of the scope before buying it.
- Weatherproofing – We recommend purchasing a waterproof scope that can handle everything nature throws at it. You should be able to use your scope in foggy conditions. It should provide you with an unobstructed view in any weather condition.
- Weight – It is important to buy a scope that will not weigh you down, especially if you want to use it for hunting activities. Otherwise, you can use a heavy scope for landscape combat applications.
The best scope for 6.8 SPC will help improve your shooting experience significantly. This is why we compiled this list to help you make a well informed purchase.
It is important to note that the options included on this list are made from durable materials. In addition, we considered top customer reviews and recommendations when compiling this list.
However, it is important to define your shooting requirements first. This will help you narrow down your search by making the selection process easier.
We hope that this buying guide helped you learn more about the 6.8 SPC.