If you are on the market for the best scope for Barrett 50 BMG, this buying guide can help you to narrow down your search. This is because we will share the features of some of the top recommended options available for the .50 BMG rifle cartridge.
Before you proceed, we recommend that you define your requirements first. This will make the selection process easy for you, especially if you are a beginner.
Most hunters, tactical shooters, and even YouTubers recommend the .50BMG because it is very reliable and works effectively at varied ranges. It is important to note that the .50 Browning Machine Gun cartridge is used by the military as a heavy machine gun and anti-material round.
This cartridge delivers relentless performance because it is the largest rifle cartridge available in the US without getting a destructive device tax stamp. This makes it a go-to round if you want to put a large but precisely placed hole in something.
The .50 BMG is recommended for long range shooting enthusiasts. It effectively hits targets that are a mile and beyond. However, the rifles that use this cartridge are very expensive and have a limited demand.
5 Best Scopes For Barrett 50 BMG
Since the .50 BMG is used for long range shooting applications, it should be paired with the right scope. This scope should be compatible with rifles that use the .50BMG rifle caliber.
However, it is worth mentioning that not all scopes have the same features. This may make it hard for customers to find the best scope for this powerful rifle cartridge. It should be able to withstand the powerful recoil and impact. In addition, this scope should provide you with sufficient eye relief.
The best scope will help you optimize the performance of your rifle. You should be able to use it in any weather to provide you with precision and clear images in any lighting situation. In addition, it should be able to handle the recoil from your rifle.
The scope you select should have a one-piece tube construction frame to ensure strength and durability. It should have a good company rating and should provide you with a warranty.
By the end of this guide, you will be able to find the right scope for the Barrett .50 BMG. Read on, as we will also share some of the important features you need to consider when buying a scope for this rifle cartridge.
Athlon Optics Argos BTR 6-24×50 – Best Scope for Barrett 50 BMG
If you are on the market for a scope with a first focal plane reticle, the Athlon Optics Argos BTR 6-24×50 is an excellent choice for you. Most hunters and long range tactical shooters recommend this scope because of its rare and magnificent magnification. This makes it a great choice for the .50BMG cartridge rifle.
This scope provides you with enlarged images across the magnification levels for clarity. In addition, this scope comes with a 50mm objective lens. This allows you to use your rifle effectively because the objective lens is an additional factor for clear vision.
The exceptional feature of this scope is the first focal plane reticle. This illumination technology allows you to use your rifle in dim conditions. In addition, the 0.5 mil hashmark makes it easy to aim targets.
It is important to note that you can use this scope in different weather conditions. The XPL coating helps in preventing the lens to deteriorate on performance. It protects the lens from dirt, grease, water, and any other foreign material.
- It is made of aircraft quality aluminum
- It features fully multicoated optical lens
- It has an XPL coating against dirt
Nightforce Optics 5-20×56 SHV Rifle Scope
The Nightforce Optics 5-20×56 SHV Rifle Scope is one of the best scopes for the .50 BMG. This is because it provides exceptional precision at extended ranges. It has a short shooting power of 5x and a maximum of 20x power.
The unique feature of this scope is the illuminated reticle and the fully multi-coated lens. This ensures that you get a clear image even when aiming targets from an extended range.
It is important to note that this scope comes with a 56mm objective lens. This allows you to use your rifle effectively for any shooting application. This makes it ideal for hunting big game, tactical shooting, varmint hunting, and target hunting.
This versatile scope will provide you with a clear vision and high accuracy. In addition, it features a side focus for parallax adjustment. However, this scope has a second focal plane reticle. This means that the image size will remain the same, even when making adjustments.
- It features fully multi coated optics
- It is made from durable materials to ensure that it lasts for a long time
- It features an illuminated MOAR center reticle
Vortex Optics Diamondback 6-24X50
If you are on the market for an affordable Vortex scope for the .50 BMG, the Vortex Optics Diamondback 6-24X50 is a solid choice for you. This scope features a 30mm one-piece tube designed for long distance shooting. It is packed with many complimentary features to make it easy for you to hit a target.
The lens is fully multi-coated to protect the glass from reflection. This ensures that you can use it in any lighting conditions. In addition, it has an XD the lens that takes care of low dispersion within the glass.
Additionally, it features a raised rib on the magnification ring that facilitates fast magnification changes. It has a 6 to 24x magnification lens that increases the image size once adjusted. The fast-focus eyepiece allows you to concentrate on targets quickly.
The single-piece center tube design is constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum. This will ensure that it will last for a very long time. It also features a matte finish, which will help to conceal your shooting position. It also helps to protect the scope from scratches.
This scope also includes a precision glide erector system. It ensures that the components in the zoom lens mechanism glide smoothly and cleanly through all magnification ranges.
- The single-piece tube maximizes alignment for improved accuracy and optimum visual performance
- It is made from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and rigidity
- The O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust, and debris from penetrating the scope
Mueller 8-32x44mm Target Riflescope
The unique feature of this .50 BMG scope is that it features a mildot reticle. It will provide you with accurate measurements like MOA reticles. However, it can be challenging to convert the metric system to yards or inches.
In addition, it comes with a 44mm objective lens that ensures a large amount of light is transmitted within the scope. This ensures that you get clear resolution and high precision.
It is also important to note that this scope is constructed from durable materials. This ensures that it can withstand recoil and impact.
- It carries a Mildot reticle
- It comes with a fully multi-coated optical lens
- It has a first focus eyepiece
Vortex Optics Viper HS-T 6-24x50mm SFP Riflescope
The Vortex Optics Viper HS-T 6-24x50mm is a second focal plane reticle specifically designed for accurate holds at extended ranges. The high magnification power makes this scope an excellent choice for target shooting, tactical shooting, or hunting applications.
It is important to note that this scope combines the best elements of the popular Viper PST and Viper HS riflescopes to give you the best vision. In addition, it is constructed from durable aluminum that can withstand recoil and impact.
The most outstanding feature of this scope is the high-quality optics. The optics provide you with excellent color fidelity and resolution even at the highest magnification level. You will be able to see very fine details of the target from 1000 yards out.
The proprietary coatings increase light transmission, allowing you to use them in almost any lighting situation.
The extra-low dispersion glass increases resolution and color fidelity. This results in crisp, sharp images. It is also coated with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces. It also includes Armortek coating to protect the lenses from scratches.
You will also like the hashmark-based second focal plane reticle. This reticle is ideal for holds at long ranges. In addition, it is waterproof, fog-proof, and shockproof.
- The nitrogen gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures
- The precision glide erector system ensures the components in the zoom lens mechanism glide smoothly
- It is constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and rigidity
Factors to Consider When Buying a Scope for the Barrett .50 BMG
By now, we are sure that you have selected the right scope for the Barrett .50 BMG. However, it is important to note that the BMG is very powerful and tough. This is why you need a high-quality scope, which can handle the heavy recoil. Here are some of the important factors you need to consider when looking for the best scope for the Barrett .50 BMG:
- Price – When shopping for .50 BMG scopes, price is one of the important factors you need to consider. There are many options to choose from, but we have shared the best scopes that are compatible with this cartridge. However, it is important to note that the price should not be an issue if you are looking for a high end scope for the .50 BMG.
- Magnification – It is important to note that the Barret .50 BMG is widely used for long range shooting applications above 1000 yards. This means that you need a scope that offers a high magnification to help you use your rifle effectively. We recommend using a scope that has a very high magnification, but this is always a personal choice.
- Lens Material Quality – We recommend buying scopes that feature low dispersion. This is because they can reduce any color fringing or aberration. A low dispersion lens provides better quality light transmission. This results in image contrast and sharpness. In addition, the glass should be coated for optimal light transmission, allowing you to use the scope effectively in any lighting condition.
- Objective Lens and Tube – This is another important consideration. Large diameter tubes increase the adjustment range. This comes in handy especially when you are using it for long range shooting applications. We recommend buying a 1-inch, 30mm, or 34mm riflescope. In addition, the scope should provide a waterproof and fog proof performance.
- Extended eye relief – It is worth mentioning that you need to buy a scope with an extended eye relief across all the magnification levels. This ensures that your eyes are protected from the recoil.
- Warranty – It is important to buy a scope with a great warranty or customer service. This can help you solve queries you may encounter when using the scope. This is because .50 BMG scopes are very expensive.
In summary, we have shared some of the best scopes for the Barrett .50 BMG. The scopes we have shared are compatible with this rifle cartridge. They will be able to deliver relentless performance at varying distances. In addition, they are very durable. This means that they can withstand the powerful recoil of the .50 BMG rifle cartridge.
However, we recommend that you define your requirements first to make the selection process easier. In addition, this will help you have a satisfying shooting experience.
We hope that this guide helped you to narrow down your search.