Table of Contents
- 1 Vortex Viper HD 20 60×85 Angled Spotting Scope Review
- 2 Vortex Viper HD 20 60×85 Angled Spotting Scope Review (Detailed Review)
- 3 Our Verdict
In this Vortex Viper HD 20 60×85 angled spotting scope review we look at all the features, pros, and cons of this spotting scope. The Vortex Viper HD 20 60×85 is a spotting scope that is designed for shooters and hunters. This powerful spotting scope delivers bright and sharp high-contrast images that are crisp at all the magnification levels.
The quality of the image is enhanced by the extra-low dispersion (ED) glass elements in the lens system. It includes a large focus collar that is easy to manipulate in cold and wet weather.
- 85 mm objective lens diameter
- Armotek coating
- Helical focus
- Built-in sunshade
- Dielectric Coating
Let’s discuss the specifications, pros, cons, and common uses of the Vortex Viper HD 20 60×85 spotting scope.
Vortex Viper HD 20 60×85 Angled Spotting Scope Review
Objective Lens Diameter: 85 mm
Linear Field of View: 101-50 ft/1000 yds
Angular Field of View: 1.9-1 degrees
Close Focus: 36 feet
Eye Relief: 17.8-19.6 mm
Length: 17.5 inches
Weight: 76.6 oz
Most Outstanding Feature of Vortex Viper HD 20 60×85
The unique feature of the Vortex Viper HD 20 60×85 spotting scope is the helical focusing system that brings subjects into a tack-sharp resolution without rotating any lens element. This maintains precise optical alignment at each magnification level.
The angled body design allows an overall lower mounting height that maximizes stability in wind. It also offers you great comfort when glassing for a long time. It also includes a Porro Prism that offers you a rich depth of field, wide field of view, and three-dimensional image.
Best Use Cases
The Vortex Viper HD 20 60×85 spotting scope is ideal for hunting, shooting, and observation. It also includes a built-in sunshade that reduces glare and shields the objective lens from snow or raindrops.
The O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust, and debris from penetrating into the scope.
These features ensure that the spotting scope provides you with relentless performance in any weather.
Vortex Viper HD 20 60×85 Angled Spotting Scope Review (Detailed Review)
The Vortex Viper HD 20 60×85 spotting scope is designed for incredible glassing and high end optical performance.
It includes a HD optical system comprised of premium components that provides you with clear images.
The eyecup is adjustable to provide proper eye relief. The locking collar allows the scope to rotate into different viewing positions.
- The scope includes multi-layer prism coatings that provide you with clear and color-accurate images even at the highest magnification level.
- The angled body design ensures that the scope is stable in windy conditions and you to use a smaller, lighter tripod.
- The scope includes O-ring seals that help to prevent moisture, dust, and debris from penetrating into the scope.
- The argon gas purging prevents internal fogging especially in cold weather.
- It includes adjustable eyecups that all you to have the best viewing experience even if you wear spectacles.
- The index-matched lenses correct color across the entire visual spectrum to provide you with crisp images.
- The anti-reflective lens coatings increase light transmission to offer you a brilliant resolution in any lighting situation.
- It is designed to withstand any weather condition as it is dust-proof, fog-proof, shockproof, and waterproof.
- The internal parts are very durable and includes coatings to ensure that the outer lenses are protected from scratches, oil, and dirt
- It includes a lifetime warranty that ensures the scope is fixed in case of any damage.
- Even in the harshest conditions this scop provides you with relentless performance as it is waterproof, scratch proof and fog proof
- The Amortek coatings protect the outer lenses from dirt, scratches, and oil
- The multi-layer prism coatings provide you with clear and color accurate images
- It includes a built-in sunshade that reduces glare when the sun is bright.
- It includes a 85mm objective lens for a wider view even at the highest magnification level.
- The image quality at the highest magnification level is not clear as expected, but the other qualities offer good value for your money.
The Vortex Viper HD 20 60×85 spotting scope is one of the best vortex spotting scopes that offer exceptionally high quality optics. The 20-60x zoom feature is perfect for a wide variety of needs. It is suitable for medium to long range distances. This scope will deliver value for the money you spend.