Table of Contents
Are you looking for a mid to long range affordable scope that will not disappoint? In this Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 review, we will examine the features, pros, and cons of this scope to evaluate its suitability as good scope with great performance for a low budget scope.
Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 delivers the best performance and reliability that comes with every Vortex scope. This scope fits a wide range of applications and makes good hunting or target shooting Vortex scope.
The objective lens of 44mm is good enough for mid-budget hunting or target shooting scope that is versatile.
As you will quickly see in this Vortex viper 6.5 20×44 reviews, this scope is an ideal long range shooting scope and ranks high as a predator or varmint hunting scope.
Let us begin this Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 review with a quick summary table of the specifications.
Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 Specifications
Objective Lens Diameter: 44 mm
Eye Relief: 3.1 inches
Field of View 17.4-6.2 ft/100 yds
Tube Size 30 mm
Turret Style Tall Capped
Adjustment Type: 1/4 MOA
Travel Per Rotation: 12 MOA
Max Elevation Adjustment: 65 MOA
Max Windage Adjustment: 65 MOA
Parallax Setting: 50 yards to infinity
Length: 14.4 oz
Weight: 21 oz
Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 Review
Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 scope is designed with a Mil-Dot reticle and high quality optics that make it the best affordable long range scope from Vortex.
This scope is the best choice for this price range for variety of hunting applications. It also has an option for a BDC (MOA reticle) which is a great option for shooters who prefer BDC reticles.
The optics are excellent and deliver a clear high quality image and sighting on this scope is easy and adjustments are not complicated and beginner-friendly.
- Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 scope has a 30mm main tube construction that is hard anodized to give it a great finish that is ideal for a rugged, tough hunting scope.
- It features a Dead-Hold BDC reticle or a Mil-dot reticle that is good for wide range of hunting or shooting uses but more useful for shooting at varying ranges where estimating hold-over is paramount.
- Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 scope features fully multi-coated, extra-low dispersion lenses that deliver an exceptional resolution and color fidelity.
- It is designed with the XR coatings that provide enhanced light gathering capability and the Armortek coating protects the lenses against scratches and abrasion.
- It features capped reset turrets that allow quick re-indexing of the turret to zero after sighting in the riflescope.
- Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 scope also comes with a side knob parallax adjust allows quick and easy parallax adjustments with range numbers visible while in the shooting position.
- It has a fast-focus eyepiece which is designed to allow for quick and easy reticle focusing and the MAG-Bar is designed to allows rapid, easy changes in magnification.
- The Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 scope is ideal for long-range, predator, or varmint hunting as well as, and target shooting applications.
- Finally, Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 scope is O-ring sealed and argon purged, the Viper provides Fogproof and waterproof performance.
- High-quality optics and a great finish makes it a highly durable scope
- Easy to mount on a wide range of rifles
- Versatile application – hunting and target shooting
- At that price range, the eye relief could be better
If you are looking for a great scope for a mid-range budget that is versatile and works well for varmint or target shooting applications from mid to long-range, you should consider Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 scope. As you have seen in this review, this scope has great construction and delivers a great performance and the optics are high quality.