Table of Contents
Are you looking for a mid to long range affordable scope that will not disappoint? In this Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 review, we will examine the features, pros, and cons of this scope to evaluate its suitability as good scope with great performance for a low budget scope.
Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 delivers the best performance and reliability that comes with every Vortex scope. This scope fits a wide range of applications and makes good hunting or target shooting Vortex scope.
The objective lens of 44mm is good enough for mid-budget hunting or target shooting scope that is versatile.
As you will quickly see in this Vortex viper 6.5 20×44 reviews, this scope is an ideal long range shooting scope and ranks high as a predator or varmint hunting scope.
Let us begin this Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 review with a quick summary table of the specifications.
Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 Specifications
Objective Lens Diameter: 44 mm
Eye Relief: 3.1 inches
Field of View 17.4-6.2 ft/100 yds
Tube Size 30 mm
Turret Style Tall Capped
Adjustment Type: 1/4 MOA
Travel Per Rotation: 12 MOA
Max Elevation Adjustment: 65 MOA
Max Windage Adjustment: 65 MOA
Parallax Setting: 50 yards to infinity
Length: 14.4 oz
Weight: 21 oz
Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 Review
This scope is the best choice for this price range for variety of hunting applications. It also has an option for a BDC (MOA reticle) which is a great option for shooters who prefer BDC reticles.
The optics are excellent and deliver a clear high quality image and sighting on this scope is easy and adjustments are not complicated and beginner-friendly.
- Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 scope has a 30mm main tube construction that is hard anodized to give it a great finish that is ideal for a rugged, tough hunting scope.
- It features a Dead-Hold BDC reticle or a Mil-dot reticle that is good for wide range of hunting or shooting uses but more useful for shooting at varying ranges where estimating hold-over is paramount.
- Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 scope features fully multi-coated, extra-low dispersion lenses that deliver an exceptional resolution and color fidelity.
- It is designed with the XR coatings that provide enhanced light gathering capability and the Armortek coating protects the lenses against scratches and abrasion.
- It features capped reset turrets that allow quick re-indexing of the turret to zero after sighting in the riflescope.
- Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 scope also comes with a side knob parallax adjust allows quick and easy parallax adjustments with range numbers visible while in the shooting position.
- It has a fast-focus eyepiece which is designed to allow for quick and easy reticle focusing and the MAG-Bar is designed to allows rapid, easy changes in magnification.
- The Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 scope is ideal for long-range, predator, or varmint hunting as well as, and target shooting applications.
- Finally, Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 scope is O-ring sealed and argon purged, the Viper provides Fogproof and waterproof performance.
- High-quality optics and a great finish makes it a highly durable scope
- Easy to mount on a wide range of rifles
- Versatile application – hunting and target shooting
- At that price range, the eye relief could be better
If you are looking for a great scope for a mid-range budget that is versatile and works well for varmint or target shooting applications from mid to long-range, you should consider Vortex Viper 6.5 20×44 scope. As you have seen in this review, this scope has great construction and delivers a great performance and the optics are high quality.