Table of Contents
- 1 Vortex Diamondback 8×42 Binoculars Review ( Features, Pros & Cons)
- 2 Vortex Diamondback 8×42 Binoculars Review (Detailed Review)
- 3 Our Verdict
The Vortex Diamondback 8×42 is an affordable pair of binoculars that is packed with many outstanding features. It includes high quality optics that deliver the best resolution ad outstanding color fidelity.
As you will quickly see from the specifications below, these binoculars hunting or wildlife observation. In this comprehensive Vortex Diamondback 8×42 binoculars review we cover all the features, pros and cons and reasons why you should consider buying this binoculars.
If you want to buy these binoculars, this is a quick review that details the specifications, pros, cons, and common uses of Vortex Diamondback 8×42.
Why is Vortex Diamondback 8×42 Popular?
Here are some of the outstanding features:
- Dielectric Coating
- Phase Correction
- ArmorTek ® Coating
Vortex Diamondback 8×42 Binoculars Review ( Features, Pros & Cons)
Objective Lens Diameter: 42 mm
Eye Relief: 17 mm
Exit Pupil: 5.25 mm
Linear Field of View: 393 feet/1000 yards
Angular Field of View: 7.5 degrees
Close Focus: 5 feet
Interpupillary Distance: 55-73 mm
Height: 5.7 inches
Width: 5.1 inches
Weight: 21.8 oz
Most Outstanding Feature of Vortex Diamondback 8×42 Binoculars
The unique feature of the Vortex Diamondback 8×42 is the dielectric coating that provides bright, clear, color-accurate images.
It also includes a coating on the roof prism models to enhance resolution and contrast.
Best Use Cases
The Vortex Diamondback 8×42 is specifically designed for wildlife observation or long range hunting. However, you can use it to spot planes, observing boats leaving the harbor, or even for security needs like border patrol.
It is also argon gas purged to prevent fogging. This allows you to use it over a wide range of temperatures.
Vortex Diamondback 8×42 Binoculars Review (Detailed Review)
The center focus wheel is very easy to use. It is for adjusting the focus of both binocular barrels at the same time.
It includes the best dielectric mirror coatings on the prisms, which can reflect more than 99% of the light across the entire spectrum. This is better than silver coatings used on low quality binoculars.
The ArmorTek coating on the exterior lens surfaces protects the glass from scratches, oil, and fingerprints. This ensures that you use less force when cleaning them and you do not have to clean them frequently.
Let us look at some of the features.
- It includes an anti-reflective coating on all air-to-glass surfaces to provide maximum light transmission in any lighting situation
- It includes a magnesium chassis that decreases weight and increases strength
- It includes a coating on the roof prism that enhances resolution and contrast
- It includes a roof prism that is valued for greater durability and is compact
- It includes O-ring seals that prevent moisture, dust, and debris from penetrating inside
- It includes argon gas purging that prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures
- It includes an ArmorTek coating that is ultra hard and protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil, and dirt.
- It includes a rubber armor that provides a secure, non-slip grip and protects the external parts
- It includes adjustable eyecups that provide you with comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses
- It includes a center focus wheel to adjust the focus of both binocular barrels at the same time.
- It includes a VIP warranty that ensures it is fixed or repaired when damaged
- It has multi-position twist-up and down eyecups, which combined with 16.4 mm of eye-relief is perfectly adequate even when you wear glasses
- It includes rubber armor on the exterior to provide you with a secure, non-slip grip, and durable external protection.
- It is compatible with a tripod adapter, allowing you to mount I ton a car or window
- It includes a fully multi-coated optical pathway allowing you to use it in any lighting situation
- It includes premium extra Low dispersion glass that can reduce color fringing around the edges of objects for higher definition images.
- It includes a reduced field of view, as compared to other products within the same price range
The Vortex Diamondback 8×42 is the best choice for you if you have a small budget. The features included will deliver value for each buck you spend on it.
However, if you have a higher budget and you need long distance binoculars, we would not recommend this product. This is because there are better binoculars for long distance viewing like the Vortex Kaibab 18×56 that includes an APO system.