In this Nightforce NX8 vs ATACR comparison, we review the Nightforce NX8 1-8x24mm F1 Riflescope and the Nightforce Optics NX8 1-8×24 Scope. We will share the specifications, pros, and cons of each scope to help you know which scope fits your shooting needs.
If you are a serious shooter, you know that it is important to invest in a reliable scope that provides value for the money you spend. However, if you do a quick search on the internet, you will find that there are many options available.
It is important to note that each scope comes with its own set of features and benefits. This makes the overall selection process challenging.
Nightforce NX8 vs ATACR
Many avid enthusiasts recommend Nightforce scopes. This is because they develop scopes that can draw in more light, allowing you to use your rifle in low lighting conditions.
Nightforce is one of the premium optic brands that has offers a wide selection of high-quality equipment. It has established many military contracts because they are designed to provide you with high precision.
In addition, they are fitted with superior quality glass to provide you with clear images that are color accurate. In addition, the lenses are coated to provide you with a clear unobstructed view.
Let us get right into the review.
NightForce NX8 1-8x24mm F1 Riflescope Review
The NightForce NX8 1-8x24mm F1 is a high quality LVPO scope that features a 1-8x magnification combined with a 24 mm objective lens. It is ideal for a wide range of shooting applications like tactical shooting, hunting, and target shooting.
This scope weighs 17 ounces and with a length of only 8.75 inches. It is lightweight when compared to other scopes in its class. It can be very challenging to find a viable alternative for this scope.
It is worth mentioning that this scope is illuminated. It includes ten brightness settings, allowing you to use it in a wide range of lighting conditions. The illumination is better than Aimpoint’s illumination.
This scope features a first focal plane reticle. This means that it is pretty small on 1x magnification. However, the bright red dot really allows you to hone your precision and accuracy skills with little confusion.
Most enthusiasts recommend this scope for tactical shooting because it is designed for fast target acquisition. In addition, it is very easy to make quick adjustments depending on your shooting environment.
This model is available in different reticle types. The FC-MIL reticle is ideal for mid-range targeting abilities. The FC-MOA reticle is also a great choice that has many subtensions. For close range targeting, we recommend the T-Shape MOA reticle.
The rugged construction of this model ensures that it lasts for a long time, even after repeated use. It can withstand harsh conditions, recoil, and impact. This is because it is waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof.
- It features a lightweight design when compared to other models in its class
- It has 10 illumination settings, allowing you to use it in low lighting
- It is made from high quality materials for strength and rigidity
- It is available in different reticle types
- It is fitted with clear glass to provide you with the best images that are color accurate
- It is very easy to use and mount on a rifle
- It can withstand heavy recoil and impact
- You can subject it to the harshest climatic conditions
- It is designed for fast target acquisition
- You can use it for close to medium range shooting applications
- The 1.25 MOA center dot is not clear when you are on the 1x setting.
Nightforce ATACR 1-8 Riflescope Review
The Nightforce ATACR 1-8 Riflescope is another excellent LVPO that features very low profile adjustments and bombproof reliability. This scope features a 1-8x magnification that allows you to identify and engage targets at the maximum effective range of most rifles.
It is a first focal plane optic that comes in an FC-DMx reticle. The low-profile turrets are capped to prevent accidental adjustment. They offer true .1 Mil-Radian adjustment.
The exceptional feature of this scope is the ED glass that provides you with clear images that are color accurate. In addition, the bright daylight illumination allows you to use the scope in a wide range of lighting applications.
In addition, this scope features an integrated Power Throw Lever (PTL) that aids in fast magnification. This makes it very easy to aim at moving targets when you are out in the field.
This scope is made from high quality materials to provide you with a relentless performance across all the magnification levels. It can withstand impact and recoil from popular rifles available on the market today.
- It features bright daylight illumination
- It features a first focal plane reticle
- It measures just over 10 inches in length and weighs 21 ounces
- It features a low profile design
- It features lens caps to protect them from scratches
- It is fitted with ED glass to provide clear images that are color accurate
- It features very low profile adjustments and bomb-proof reliability
- It features a 1-8X magnification with a 24 mm objective lens
- It takes a bit of time to learn how to use it effectively
In summary, we have provided you with all the important information you need to know about the Nightforce NX8 1-8x24mm F1 Riflescope and the Nightforce Optics NX8 1-8×24 Scope. As you have seen, both scopes are packed with premium features to help you hone your precision and accuracy skills.
It is important to note that we checked top reviews and other top recommendations when creating this guide. You will not make a mistake investing in any model we have shared in this guide.
We hope that this post helped you to find the best 1-8x scope.