Do you have a hard time searching for the best shooting chair that will deliver value for each buck you spend on it? Read on, as we will share some of the top recommendations to help you narrow down your search.
It is important to stay alert and comfortable when shooting for long periods. However, this can be a challenge, but we are here to fix that.
Whether you have set up in a covered surrounding or sitting in your ground blind, you need to have the maximum range of movement possible without making a lot of noise. Having the right chair can help make your hunting expedition a success.
Best Shooting Chair Buying Guide
It is worth mentioning that there are numerous comfortable hunting chairs available at a reasonable price. They fit neatly inside your ground blind, allowing you to turn in any direction quickly.
However, having many options makes it very challenging to select the best one. This is because different types of hunting chairs are available, and each comes with different features.
In today’s buying guide, we will look at some of the best hunting chairs’ best types and features. Then, all you need to do is choosing the right hunting chair that fits your budget.
Choosing a Good Shooting Chair
Before we proceed, here are the different types of hunting chairs available on the market today:
- Swivel Shooting Chairs – This type of chair allows you to swivel where the action is to get an accurate shot. They are highly recommended because you can move in any direction without making much noise. Some of them come with a shooting stick to steady your aim.
- Adjustable Tripods – Tripod chairs come with three adjustable legs that allow you to adjust the height of each leg on uneven surfaces. This allows for a comfortable sitting position even at extended ranges.
- Folding Chairs – These chairs are similar to the chairs you see in camps. They are portable and very lightweight, allowing you to store and transport them anywhere easily.
- Hunting Stools – They are the easiest to pack and are very lightweight.
Now that you are aware of the different types of shooting chairs let us look at the best options available on the market today.
Best Shooting Chair Comparison Table
|1 Caldwell Shooting Chair
|2 Benchmaster Sniper Seat 360 Shooting Chair
|3 ALPS OutdoorZ Stealth
|4 Millennium G100 Shooting Chair
|5 Browning Strutter
|6 ALPS OutdoorZ Rhino MC Hunting Stool
|7 Guide Gear Big Boy Blind Chair
|8 Guide Gear Swivel Hunting Chair
|9 REDNEK Portable Hunting Chair
|10 Bolderton 360 Comfort Hunting Blind Chair
Caldwell Shooting Chair – [ Best Shooting Chair Overall ]
- weighs about 22 pounds and has a maximum height of 41 inches and can accommodate a weight limit of 300lbs
- Its made of dual-frame, upper frame balance point adjustment, wide-format polymer feet, a tension knob for tilting the frame up/down and independent height adjustable front and rear supports, this rest is solid before, during, and after every shot
- Its rifle rest can be used in a wide range of applications that include crossbows shooting, rifle long range target shooting, and all kinds of hunting that include predator, turkey hunting, and big game.
Benchmaster Sniper Seat 360 Shooting Chair
In addition, it is very comfortable and can be used for an extended period. The armrests and foam back ensure you are sitting comfortably.
It is worth mentioning that the seat size provides plenty of room, measuring 16 x 11 inches. You can also recline this chair by up to 50 degrees for maximum comfortability.
The most outstanding feature is that you can remove the armrests or a full range of necessary movement. This means that even bowhunters can use this durable seat.
It is also important to note that the seat includes a rotation mechanism to revolve through a full 360 degrees smoothly and in complete silence.
- It comes with multi-position legs that can be adjusted to level on uneven terrain.
- It can rotate a full 360 degrees to lock in a target quickly.
- Bowhunters can also use it because the armrests are detachable.
ALPS OutdoorZ Stealth
This shooting chair includes fully adjustable legs allowing you to use it even on uneven surfaces. It is over sixteen and a half pounds, but you can fold it into a compact carry, allowing you to transport it anywhere.
It is important to note that the lowest setting of this chair sits 19″ off the ground and 23″ at its highest. In addition, it comes with a good warranty and customer service if it is damaged.
- It can be folded for easy storage and transportation.
- The frame is constructed from powder-coated steel.
- The frame can accommodate up to 275 pounds.
Millennium G100 Shooting Chair
This shooting chair comes with adjustable tripod legs. This means that you can use it effectively on any ground surface.
The exceptional feature of this shooting chair is that it comes with pre-drilled holes for mounting a G101 shooting stick. However, you have to purchase it separately.
It comes with a full-back ComfortMAX seat. This allows you to hunt for extended periods without getting tired.
The sturdy aluminum frame can be folded for easy transportation and storage. This chair weighs approximately 10lbs.
- It is very lightweight.
- It comes with pre-drilled holes for mounting a shooting stick.
- It is expensive but the features included are worth the price.
This shooting chair sits low on the ground and comes with angled padded armrests. It is worth mentioning that the chair has an ample 25″ x 16″ seating area, which can support up to 300lbs.
This shooting chair comes with a high quality powder-coated steel frame with a padded shoulder strap. In addition, you can easily collapse the chair into a carry bag with a shoulder strap.
- It has a lightweight design
- It is not very expensive compared to other shooting chairs
- It features a sturdy aluminum frame that folds up
ALPS OutdoorZ Rhino MC Hunting Stool
The exceptional feature of this shooting chair is that it comes with an extra-wide 19″ x 19″ seating triangle. It also comes with an angled back and is wrapped in one of 2 camo patterns available.
It is worth mentioning that the triangle seat is perfectly sized for hunters wearing thick clothing. The compact design is ideal for sitting in the blind and shooting.
The ALPS OutdoorZ Rhino MC Hunting Stool comes with two mesh pockets for easy access to gear. In addition, the shooting chair can be collapsed in seconds to fit a small carry bag. This means that you can transport it to any location easily.
- It has a lightweight design that allows you to carry it to any location.
- It comes with mesh pockets.
- It is extremely comfortable.
Guide Gear Big Boy Blind Chair
The unique feature of this scope is the wide sitting area (21″ x 19″) than most shooting chairs available on the market today. In addition, the dura-mesh fabric conforms to your shape. This is better than relying on padding.
Your purchase comes with a heavy-duty steel tube frame that ensures the sit lasts for a long time. It also comes with duck feet for improved stability when shooting.
The armrests have a perfect size, but they are not large enough to get in the way. However, you can’t use it on uneven surfaces.
- It can support up to 500 pounds.
- It comes with functional armrests.
- It features a large sitting area.
Guide Gear Swivel Hunting Chair
It is important to note that it comes with steel tubing legs and a sturdy frame. In addition, it comes with a 360° swivel situated on top and a black powder-coated paint finish.
The unique feature of this shooting chair is the 2-1/4″ thick padded cushion and the padded backrest. The padded cushion is covered with tough 300d nylon with a PUR coating. The coating protects it from wear and tear.
It is worth mentioning that the chair weighs a bit under 12 lbs.
- It is designed for a permanent blind or deer stand.
- It comes with a padded seat and backrest.
- It features a sturdy design that will last for a long time.
REDNEK Portable Hunting Chair
The tubes run from the ground up to the backrest, making them very sturdy and durable. The other feature you might find appealing is that there is no movement when you lean back.
The legs included are individually adjustable, allowing you to use them even on uneven surfaces. This can be done by pushing the pin to slide the feet.
The sitting area and backrest come with a removable cover for washing and removing scent.
- It has a lightweight design.
- It can swivel a total of 180 degrees.
- You can use it on uneven surfaces.
Bolderton 360 Comfort Hunting Blind Chair
It swivels through 360 degrees giving you access to all sides without making noise. In addition, it comes with a sitting area of 18″ x 16″.
The feet are oversized so that the chair does not sink to the ground. It can be folded down for easy transportation to any location. You can also disassemble it into two pieces making it easier to transport.
- It can support a weight of up to 225 lbs.
- It comes with a large sitting area.
- It comes with a padded backrest and seat.
Cabela’s Comfort Max 360 Degree Mag Elite Blind Chair
The Cabela’s Comfort Max 360 Degree Mag Elite Blind Chair is specifically designed for shooting purposes. It is constructed from durable materials to ensure that it will last for a long time.
It comes with a Dura Mesh fabric that is slightly springy. This means that it will provide support to the back.
It is important to note that the frame is made from heavy-duty steel tubing for a sturdy support base. In addition, it comes with a swivel mechanism to ensure that it turns through 360 degrees in complete silence.
The splayed feet are extra broad, so they don’t sink into soft ground.
- It can be folded for easy transportation.
- It features a Dura Mesh fabric that is breathable.
- It comes with a swivel mechanism.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Shooting Chair
There are many factors, which you need to consider when picking out your next hunting chair. The first thing you need to do is think about your shooting requirements. For example, shooting stands have different needs than ground blind shooting.
Here are some of the factors you must consider:
- Ease of Use – The shooting chair you purchase should be very easy to fold. You should also buy one that is better for your needs.
- Durability – We recommend purchasing a shooting chair that is made from durable materials. This will ensure its longevity and reliability.
- Trusted Brand – If you are still unsure, you can go with a brand you can trust. This will help you narrow down your search
- Mobility – If you hunt small varmint or turkeys, it is advisable to purchase a shooting chair that can be easily transported to another direction. However, if you have a permanent stand, you can use a big shooting chair.
With these factors in mind, it can be very easy to pick the best shooting chair for the money.
In summary, we have looked at some of the different types of shooting chairs available on the market today. Each type of chair has a hunting application its best suited for.
The shooting chairs we have included are very affordable and are constructed with durable materials to ensure longevity. Of course, what you end up buying depends on your shooting requirements.
If you are still unsure, we recommend purchasing the BenchMaster Shooting and Hunting Chair. It will deliver value for each buck spent.