Are you searching for the best scope for MP15-22? In today’s buying guide, we will be reviewing the top picks available in the market today. We will also highlight some of the important factors you need to consider when buying a scope for the Smith & Wesson M&P.
The main aim of this guide is to help you make a well informed purchase. Before we look at the reviews, it is important to learn more about this rifle.
It is important to note that the Smith & Wesson M&P was released in 2009 for those who favor .22 semi-automatics. This rimfire rifle is ideal for a wide range of shooting applications making it a great addition to your armory.
We recommend the M&P 15-22 for both beginners and avid enthusiasts because it provides reliable performance at varying distances. In addition, it has minimal recoil compared to other options available within the same price range.
The durable construction of the M&P 15-22 ensures that it will last for a long time, even after repeated use. This is because it is designed with a resilient polymer frame
It is worth mentioning that this rifle does not utilize a standard direct impingement mechanism. This is because it operates through a blowback system.
For you to get the best experience, you need to pair this rifle with the best scope. However, there are many scopes available in the market. This makes it very hard to find a reliable scope that will deliver value for the money.
This means that you should take time to research what features you need for your specific shooting application. This is why we created this guide to help you narrow down your search.
Best Scope for MP15 22
The best scope for MP15-22 should provide you with ample magnification. The M&P 15-22 is ideal for close to midrange applications. It is accurate 50-100 yards, but experienced shooters can hit targets that are up to 300 yards with the best scope.
The options shared in this list are compatible with the MP15-22 rifle. This is because we have considered other customer reviews and top recommendations from avid shooters when creating this guide.
Let us look at the top picks today.
Vortex Crossfire II 2-7×32 Riflescope – Best Overall
The best scope for the MP15-22 rifle is the Vortex Crossfire II 2-7×32 Riflescope. This scope features high-quality glass to offer the best resolution across all the magnification levels.
Most enthusiasts recommend this scope because it is designed for high performance. In addition, this scope will offer you long eye relief augmented by the fast-focus eyepiece. This is very important if you want to acquire fast moving targets.
The exceptional feature of this scope is the V-Plex MOA reticle. This reticle is perfect for hunting small game and tactical shooting.
The reticle is fitted in the second focal plane. This means that the reticle will stay the same size when zooming in and out. This ensures that it lasts for a long time. This is different from a First Focal Plane reticle that is large when zooming in and small when zooming out.
The fully multi-coated lenses allow you to use this scope in any lighting situation. It is also worth mentioning that you can use it even in the harshest weather conditions because it is waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof.
The 1-inch diameter tube offers a versatile blend of adjustment, size, and weight for hunting applications.
You are provided with scope adjustments with capped reset turrets that are finger adjustable with MOA clicks. You can reset to zero after sighting in the scope.
- It is built with the highest standard for waterproof and shockproof performance
- The outer casing is made from aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and rigidity
- The nitrogen gas purging prevents internal fogging in any weather
Vortex Optics Diamondback 2-7×35 Rimfire SFP – Best Value
The Vortex Optics Diamondback 2-7×35 Rimfire is another excellent scope for the MP15-22 rifle. This is ideal for close range shooting on 22 rimfire, shotguns, and muzzleloaders.
The exceptional feature of this scope is proprietary coatings that increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces. This means that you can use this scope in any lighting situation.
This scope has a hard anodized finish that is durable and provides a low-glare matte surface to help camouflage your shooting position.
The other outstanding feature of this scope is the reticle that you can use to estimate range, holdover, and check the wind drift even at the highest magnification level. This eliminates any guesswork in your shooting applications.
The Precision-Glide Erector System ensures that the components in the zoom lens mechanism glide smoothly at all magnification ranges. The 1-inch diameter tube offers a versatile blend of adjustment, size, and weight for a wide variety of shooting applications.
We recommend this scope because it provides reliable performance compared to some rimfire scopes.
- It includes turrets that give you the ability to zero reset after sight-in
- It includes lenses that are fully multi-coated for crisp images in any lighting situation
- The precision glide erector system ensures accurate tracking and repeatability
Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9X40mm Riflescope
If you are looking for a scope with the best price to performance ratio, the Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9X40mm Riflescope is an excellent choice for you. It is compatible with the MP15-22 rifle and can handle the recoil generated.
Most enthusiasts recommend this scope because you have the option to choose from several reticle designs like Ultimate Slam, CDS Tri MOA, and Duplex.
One of the exceptional features of this scope is the Twilight Light Management System. This feature helps to maximize brightness, allowing you to use your rifle effectively in almost any lighting condition. This makes it an excellent scope for hunting applications.
The high-quality, fingertip adjustable turrets, scratch resistant lenses, and an easy-focus eyepiece also make it a great choice for any gun enthusiast.
In addition, the lenses are coated to protect them from scratches and dust particles. It also comes with an excellent warranty to ensure it lasts for a long time.
- It is constructed from durable materials to ensure longevity
- It offers good eye relief to protect you from recoil
- It comes with an excellent lifetime warranty
Aimpoint Carbine Optic (ACO) – Best Affordable
If you are in the market for an affordable scope for the MP15-22 rifle, the Aimpoint Carbine Optic (ACO) is a solid choice for you. It comes with a unique quality glass that delivers crystal clear images that are color accurate.
The aluminum housing is not only lightweight but also strong and durable. These red dot sights are beneficial for shooters, such as hunting, fun shooting, and self-defense. This is because it offers you a more precise shot.
It is a waterproof model, which means it does not affect by bad weather. Therefore, you can use this aim point in any weather conditions. In addition, it uses an AA battery, which lasts for just one year. It is a concise life when compared to the other competitors.
The tube is made of 30 mm aluminum alloy, and inside of that, there is a two-minute angle red dot that offers perfect and fast accuracy to achieve your target even if you are in long-distance.
It is worth mentioning that you do not have to worry about the quality of sight. This is because is made of excellent quality materials.
- It has a 2 MOA red dot for fast target acquisition
- It features a 30 mm aluminum alloy
- It comes with 9 different brightness settings
- It uses an AA battery which lasts for just one year
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Scope for MP15 22
It is important to note that the best scope depends on your shooting requirements. This is why we recommend you first define your shooting requirements to make the selection process easy.
However, choosing the best scope can be a daunting task. This is because of the sheer number of features you have to go through, for you to find a reliable scope that will deliver the best results.
In this section, we will share some recommendations you need to keep in mind for you to make a well informed purchase. The main aim of this section is to help you narrow down your search further.
Here are the important factors:
- Durability – We highly recommend buying a scope that is made of high quality materials to ensure longevity. It is important to buy a scope with proven and tested durability. In addition, it should have a waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof construction.
- Objective Lens Size – The objective lens size is important because it directly affects the light that passes through the scope. This size further relates to the brightness of the images produced. Therefore, we recommend buying a scope with a large objective lens size to provide you with clear images that are color accurate. A scope with a 40mm objective lens is enough. However, you can go higher, but this will add a considerable amount of weight to your rifle.
- Eye relief – The space between the sighting tool and your eye is another important feature you need to keep in mind. Therefore, we recommend buying a scope with generous eye relief that can be adjusted based on the magnification. This helps to prevent a black eye from heavy recoil generated. It also helps to avoid eyestrain.
- Reticle – When buying a scope for the MP15-22 it is important to check the reticle. We recommend buying a scope that is fitted with a high quality reticle that suits your shooting needs. For hunting applications, we recommend buying a duplex, mil-dot, or BDC reticle. This is because they eliminate any guesswork by allowing you to adjust windage and elevation for better accuracy and precision.
- Warranty – When buying any scope it is important to check if it comes with an excellent warranty or customer services to deliver value for the money you spend. This can help you solve queries you may encounter when using the scope. This is very important if you want to invest in an expensive scope. It ensures your scope is replaced or repaired if it suffers any damage.
- Ease of use – We recommend buying a scope that is easy to use, especially if you are a beginner. You should not have a hard time mounting it on your rifle or adjusting windage and elevation knobs. In addition, it should come with mounting rings that are compatible with your rifle.
- Weatherproofing – It is important to buy a scope that can withstand the harshest conditions. It should have a waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof construction. This ensures that it lasts for a long time.
- Superior light transmission – If you are going to use the scope for hunting applications, we recommend using buying a scope with superior light transmission. It should offer a bright sight picture even in low lighting conditions, especially at dusk or dawn.
In this guide, we have reviewed the best scopes for the MP15-22 rifle. These scopes are packed with many features to take your shooting game to the next level. They will help you shoot further and accurately.
In addition, we have only included durable scopes that will last for a long time. They can withstand powerful recoil and impact.
As mentioned earlier, it is important to first define your shooting requirements. This ensures that you get the right scope that suits your shooting needs.
We hope that this guide helped you find a reliable scope that will help you deliver value for the money you spend.