Are you looking for the best red dot under $500? In today’s guide, we will be looking at the features of the top recommended options available today. Read on, as we will also share the important features you need to keep in mind when buying an affordable red dot sight. The main aim of this guide is to help you make a well informed purchase.
It is important to note that red dots are the most versatile sights used by most avid enthusiasts. They are ideal for hunting, shooting, and home defense applications.
Red dot sights are recommended for beginners because they are very easy to use. In addition, they are compatible with many firearms available today. You can pair the best red dot with a pistol, rifle, or shotgun.
Red dot sights are popular because they come with an LED light that reflects the reticle on the glass inside the tube. It is very easy to adjust the red dot’s intensity depending on the lighting situation. This means that you can use them effectively in different lighting conditions.
In addition, the LED light will help you to hone your accuracy and precision skills. Red dot sights will help you to engage relatively stationary targets because the LED light will help you know the exact point of aim.
However, choosing the best red dot scope under 500 can be a daunting task especially if you are a beginner. This is because there are many sights available in the market. Each scope comes with different features making it very hard to find a reliable scope that will deliver value for the money you spend.
Best Red Dot Under $500
The best red dot under 500 dollars should come with high quality features to provide you with the best vision. This ensures that you do not miss any shot, where fast target acquisition and speed are required.
Without wasting much time, let us look at the top picks available today.
Vortex Optics Strikefire II Red Dot Sight – Best Overall
The Vortex Optics Strikefire II Red Dot Sight is the best red dot sight under 500 dollars. Most enthusiasts recommend this scope because it is very easy to use and navigate between targets. It is ideal for home defense or close range shooting applications.
This scope is packed with many features that promise to help with accuracy. This red dot sight is powered by a CR2 battery, which allows you to have a backup when hunting.
It is important to note that this scope comes with brightness adjustment options, which allow you to use the gun in almost any lighting situation. Two of the brightness settings are night-vision compatible.
The rugged construction of this scope can withstand recoil and impact. This construction ensures that the scope lasts for a very long time. It has a hard-anodized finish, which provides a low-glare matte surface that helps to conceal your shooting position.
We recommend this scope because it comes with a lifetime warranty.
- It is compact and lightweight
- It offers you 10 different brightness levels
- It provides unlimited eye relief
Vortex Spitfire 3x Prism Scope
If you are in the market for an AR optimized magnified optic, the Vortex Spitfire 3x Prism Scope is an excellent choice for you. It comes with a reticle that is specifically designed with the flat trajectory of the .55 grain 5.56x45mm cartridge in mind.
The most outstanding feature of this red dot sight is the illuminated reticle. It also includes five intensity settings for the reticle allowing you to use it in any lighting situation.
In addition, this scope is housed in a single piece chassis milled from solid aluminum alloy. This makes it lightweight and allows you to maintain maneuverability and balance when you mount it on your rifle. The rugged shockproof construction can withstand recoil and impact
It is worth mentioning that this red dot sight includes elevation and windage dials with audible clicks. This helps to eliminate any guesswork in your shooting applications. Each click allows you to move the point of impact 1/2 Minute of Angle (MOA). This gives you the ability to make adjustments to improve accuracy.
We recommend this reliable scope because of the VIP warranty that ensures your scope is fixed at no cost.
- The etched reticle ensures a consistent point of aim at all times
- It has been nitrogen gas purged to prevent internal fogging
- It includes O-ring seals to guard against moisture and dust
- It includes two Picatinny rails set atop of the scope at 45-degree angles
Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot Sight
The Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot Sight is an affordable red dot sight that is packed with many features to help you hone your accuracy and precision skills. This red dot sight features a sturdy construction for strength and rigidity.
This scope will last for a very long time, even after repeated use. It can withstand heavy abuse because of its weatherproof construction.
The exceptional feature of this scope is the 11 adjustments. These adjustments provide you with sharp pictures. This is because you can adjust the brightness easily based on your shooting application.
In addition, this scope is compatible with most Picatinny rails, which are found in most firearms today. It is powered by a CR2032 battery, which will last for a very long time.
It is worth mentioning that you can submerge this scope in water up to 10 feet in depth. It also features a durable and lightweight design.
We recommend this scope because it is affordable but it does not compromise on quality.
- It features a compact design
- It provides you with clear glass suitable for different shooting applications
- It is easy to mount on the AR platform
Aimpoint Carbine Optic (ACO) – Best Value
The Aimpoint Carbine Optic (ACO) is a budget friendly red dot scope that features a strong and durable construction. It comes with a unique quality glass that delivers crystal clear images that are color accurate.
It is ideal for hunting, fun shooting, and self-defense. This is because it offers you a more precise shot.
It uses an AA battery, which lasts for just one year. This is a concise life when compared to the other competitors.
The tube is made of 30 mm aluminum alloy. Inside of that, a two-minute angle red dot offers perfect and fast accuracy to achieve your target even if you are in long-distance.
This scope weighs only 7 pounds. It allows you to use it for a long time because it will not weigh you down.
It is important to note that this Aimpoint comes with 9 different brightness settings, which ensure accurate sight. This means that you will be able to use it in almost any lighting situation.
We recommend this scope because of the weatherproof construction. It is not affected by bad weather and it can withstand even the harshest conditions.
- It has a 2 MOA red dot for fast target acquisition
- It features a 30 mm aluminum alloy
- It comes with 9 different brightness settings
- It uses an AA battery which lasts for just one year
- It comes with a unique quality glass
Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic
The Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic is another excellent red dot scope under 500 dollars. It comes with premium features to take your shooting game to the next level.
This scope features a lightweight construction, which will not weigh you down. It weighs 7.8 oz and is perfect to pair with an ar15 or any other short to medium range rifle.
The outstanding feature of this scope is the battery life. This red dot can last continuously for up to 3 years. This is very impressive because none of the competitors even come close to achieving this kind of battery life.
Most enthusiasts recommend this scope for close to medium-range shooting with 1x magnification and 2 MOA optical specs.
It is worth mentioning that this scope is resistant to most oils and can be dropped in water up to 150ft. It can take some severe abuse like the other scopes in this list.
We recommend this scope because it has been used by countless law enforcement agencies.
- It has a 1x magnification and 2 MOA optical specs
- It is submersible in water up to 150ft
- It has 4-night vision compatible settings and 6 daylight settings
Factors to Consider When Buying a Red Dot Sight Under 500
As you have seen, there are many options available in the market today. However, it can be a challenge to choose one because of the sheer number of features you need to consider.
In this section, we will share the important features you need to keep in mind when selecting the best red dot sight under 500 dollars. This will ensure that you select a scope that will deliver relentless performance, even after repeated use.
Here are the important factors:
- High quality glass – When buying a red dot scope under 500 dollars, it is important to check the quality of the glass. This is important because it affects the image quality. We recommend buying a red dot sight fitted with scratch resistant glass for a clearer and unobstructed field of view.
- Eye relief – If you have a high recoil rifle, it is important to buy a red dot sight with unlimited eye relief and a wide field of view. This is important, as it will protect you from the recoil bumps produced. In addition, it ensures fast target acquisition.
- Price – The other important factor is the price. Most scopes priced under 500 dollars are packed with many features to take your shooting game to the next level. If you invest in a very cheap scope, it will not last for a long time. This is because they are made of low quality materials. However, the red dot sights listed in this guide are reasonably priced and are made of high quality materials.
- Versatility – If you have a large arsenal, it is important to invest in a versatile red dot sight that is ideal for both hunting and tactical shooting applications.
- Warranty – When buying any scope, it is important to check if it comes with an excellent warranty. A good warranty ensures that the scope is fixed or replaced if it suffers any damage. This is why it is important to buy a scope manufactured by a reputable brand.
- Weatherproofing – It is important to invest in a red dot sight with a weatherproof construction. This ensures that you can use your scope effectively even in the harshest climatic conditions.
- Durability – This is one of the important things, which you should check when buying any scope. The red dot sight you buy should be made of high quality materials for strength and rigidity. This ensures that it lasts for a long time.
In today’s guide, we have shared the features of the best red dots under 500. These scopes are affordable and are packed with many outstanding features to take your shooting skills to the next level.
We recommend buying red dot sights from trusted brands. This ensures that you get a reliable scope with an excellent warranty. For example, Vortex scopes come with a lifetime warranty.
If you are still having a hard time, we recommend buying the Vortex Optics Strikefire II Red Dot Sight. This is because it delivers a stellar performance, even after repeated use. In addition, it comes with 10 different brightness settings. This allows you to use it in almost any lighting condition.
We hope that this post helped you to find a reliable red dot sight under 500 dollars.