Searching for the best LPVO scope can be a challenging task since there are dozens of LPVO scopes in the market today. Whether you are looking for the best 1 6 LPVO, best 1 4 LPVO, or best LPVO for the money, this post will guide you on picking the best LPVO scope without wasting your valuable time on research.
Do you need a Low Power Variable Optic (LPVO) for your firearm? Read on, as we will share the outstanding features of some of the best options available on the market today.
They have the best features compared to other options. In addition, we will share some of the factors you should consider before buying a low power variable optic.
LPVO scopes are very popular among tactical shooters and hunters using AR-15 rifles. These scopes have a lower magnification of either 1x or close to it (1.5x).
However, it is important to note that these scopes vary significantly in terms of quality, price, and performance.
Top 6+ Best LPVO Scopes » [ Best LPVO Scope | Best 1 6 lpvo Scopes ]
LPVO scopes allow you to hit any target from a low range. This includes point-blank range and close-range moving targets. This is because they are designed for speed and accuracy.
It is important to note that there are many low power variable optics (LPVOs) available in the market today.
Some of them are expensive, while others are affordable. However, the buying decision depends on your shooting preferences. This is why you should first define your requirements before you proceed to the next section.
In addition, the best LPVO scope should have a wide field of view and clear glass across all the magnification levels. The exterior should be constructed from durable materials to ensure that it lasts for a long time, even after continuous use.
Low Power Variable Optic vs. Red Dot with Magnifier
Before we proceed let us look at some of the reasons why you should go with a 1-6x scope instead of a red dot. It is worth mentioning that LPVO scopes and red dot with a magnifier are very similar.
They allow for fast target acquisition for shooting targets at close ranges.
However, the red dot magnification has a fixed 1x magnification. This makes them a great option for close-range shooting up to 100 yards.
On the other hand, LPVO scopes offer variable magnification. You can change the magnification to shoot targets that are up to 400 yards.
It is also important to note that red dot scopes have a red dot reticle that instantly grabs your eye for fast target acquisition.
However, if you have eye issues like astigmatism, you will not be able to use it effectively. LPVOs are recommended because they have a variety of reticle options.
This provides you with better accuracy, especially at medium ranges.
Another factor you should consider is the price. LPVO scopes will cost you $300 to $3000.
Red dot scopes on the other hand cost anywhere from under $100 to $1000, but you need to add a magnifier to get the best experience. This means that you will pay almost double the amount. This is why we recommend LPVO scopes.
Best LPVO/ 1-6x Scopes
In this section, we will share some of the best LPVO scopes available on the market today. Let us get right into it.
Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6×24 – Overall Best LPVO Scope
The Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6×24 is popular among hunters and shooters because of its unparalleled versatility for many applications. This second focal plane reticle scope will help you improve your shooting experience and target acquisition.
The most outstanding feature of this scope is the BDC reticle. It features 11 different settings, which allows you to use your rifle effectively in any lighting situation.
In addition, this scope comes with full and multiple coated lenses to provide you with crisp vision across all the magnification levels. This makes it a great choice for hunting or shooting in a low lighting ambiance.
We recommend this scope because it is constructed from durable materials. This ensures that it can withstand powerful recoil and impact.
- It is an all-weather and all-terrain performance scope
- It is constructed from durable aircraft-grade aluminum
- The O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust, and debris from penetrating
Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II 1-6×24 – Second Pick Best LPVO Scope
If you are looking for an LPVO scope with premium features, the Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II 1-6×24 is the best choice for you. It features generous eye relief and will provide you with crisp images across all the magnification levels.
It is worth mentioning that the lenses are made from extra-low dispersion glass. In addition, the lenses are fully multi-coated to increase light transmission. This makes it a great scope for hunting applications that take place when the light is starting to fail. In addition, the ten different brightness settings allow you to use your rifle effectively.
The illuminated duplex reticle with ranging and windage lines takes the guesswork out of ranging and moving targets. This makes it a great choice for a defense rifle.
It is important to note that this scope is made from a single piece of aircraft-grade aluminum. The o-ring seals ensure that moisture, dust, and debris, do not penetrate in the scope.
- The turrets are hand-adjustable and burled for easier gripping
- The 1-6x variable zoom is ideal for close to midrange shooting applications
- It is constructed from durable materials to ensure its longevity.
Primary Arms SLX 1-6×24 – Budget Best LPVO Scope
If you are looking for a pocket-friendly LPVO scope, the Primary Arms SLX 1-6×24 is one of the best choices for you. The glass included in this scope is super clear and provides you with crisp images. It is constructed from a 6063 aluminum alloy to withstand powerful impact and recoil.
This powerful LPVO scope is designed in the second focal plane. This means that the reticle size remains the same across all the magnification levels.
It is important to note that this scope features a red illumination with 11 different brightness settings. This allows you to use your firearm effectively from dusk until dawn.
One of the most outstanding features of this scope is the generous eye relief. In addition, the eye box is forgiving and offers you a wide field of view. This means that you can shoot targets quickly, even with both eyes open.
- It features a pare reticle illumination battery compartment
- It is constructed from sturdy material that can withstand impact and recoil
- It features an exclusive, patented Advanced Combined Sighting System (ACSS) 22LR reticle
Leupold VX-6HD 1-6×24 – Leupold Best LPVO Scope
The Leupold VX-6HD 1-6×24 is the most premium LPVO scope that is available on the market today. If you have a high budget, this is the best option for you.
This LPVO scope is made from durable materials that can withstand powerful recoil and impact. This makes it one of the best scopes for shotgun rifles.
It is worth mentioning that the guard-ion optical coating makes the glass clear. The flip-back lens cover helps to protect the lens from scratches and dust.
The most outstanding feature of this scope is the twilight max light management system that allows you to hunt during dawn or dusk. Additionally, the ultra-bright fire dot duplex reticle lets you adjust the brightness depending on the shooting environment. It also helps to eliminate any guesswork because you will know where the bullet lands.
- It provides you with clear images
- It comes with comfortable eye relief
- It features a lightweight design
Sig Sauer TANGO6T 1-6×24 – Military Grade Best LPVO Scope
The Sig Sauer TANGO6T 1-6×24is a military-grade scope that is available for commercial use. This scope features high-quality glass to provide you with extreme clarity and low-light performance. It is designed to be used on most firearm platforms such as MSR/AR and bolt action platforms.
It is worth mentioning that this scope features a glass-etched illuminated reticle in either the First or Second Focal Plane. In addition, this scope features LENSARMOR abrasion-resistant lens coatings and proprietary Mil-Spec oleophobic LENSHIELD coating to maximize light transmission.
The most outstanding feature of this scope is the unlimited lifetime guarantee. However, the electronic components have a limited 5-year warranty.
This scope is ideal for military, close-quarter battles, mid-range tactical engagements, and hunting.
- It features HDX optics extra-low dispersion glass
- It features a stop-locking turret called the LockDown Zero System
- The HELLFIRE reticle system utilizes advanced fiber optic technology
Vortex Razor HD Gen II-E 1-6×24 – Vortex Best LPVO Scope
The Vortex Razor HD Gen II-E 1-6×24 is an enhanced LPVO scope that is constructed from durable materials. The 30 mm main tube is created from aircraft-grade aluminum. This ensures that the scope can withstand impact and powerful recoil.
This ultra-sleek scope features a true 1x magnification at the lower end. In addition, it has an ultra-forgiving eye box and generous eye relief.
The APO system helps to correct color across the entire visual spectrum. This scope is also fitted with optically indexed lenses to optimize sharpness and brightness. It also comes with anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces to provide maximum light transmission.
The most outstanding feature of this scope is the erector tube system. It is precision machined from aircraft aluminum for durability. Additionally, the friction reduction system prevents deformation of the erector screw contact point.
- It locks illumination at a preferred setting
- It features an illuminated center dot that provides a precise point-of-aim
- The O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust, and debris from penetrating
S2Delta Low Power Variable Optic (LVPO) Carbine Scope, Illuminated 5.56 BDC Reticle, 30mm Main Tube, SF
This is an illuminated Low Powe variable optic that is equally popular and comes with a BDC reticle and 30mm tube, It is a second focal plane scope that has a relatively good rating and can be considered as the best LVPO scope for shooters looking for a unique scope that is different from all the other major optics brands.
- It is built using the 6061 aircraft aluminum and comes with a hard black anodization finish.
- It is 100% waterproof and Fogproof since it is nitrogen-filled.
- It has a 30mm tube diameter with a one-piece tube material
- It is designed with capped 1/2 moa turrets to easily zero for distance and windage
- It has an excellent illuminated BDC reticle that is calibrated for 5.56mm
- It has a long eye relief fast-focus eyepiece with a second focal plane reticle
- Finally, it comes with a lifetime warranty and a pledge to fix or replace the scope as long as
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing the Best LPVO Scope
By now, we are sure that you have already selected the best LPVO scope for the money. Here are some of the factors you need to consider before buying it:
- Objective Lens Size – It is important to check the size of the objective lens. This is the diameter of the lens closest to the barrel of the rifle, and farthest away from the stock of the rifle. We recommend purchasing an objective lens that lets in more light to produce a brighter image.
- Lens Coating – The lens coatings are very important for light transmission. The scope you buy should include proprietary coatings if you want to see a clear image across all the magnification levels. In addition, these coatings help to reduce glare and loss of light caused by reflection.
- Reticle – It is important to check the reticle of the scope you purchase. Large reticles are great for low-light shooting applications. On the other hand, thinner reticles allow you to be more precise but are difficult to use in low-light conditions.
- Durability – The scope you buy should be constructed from durable materials to ensure its longevity. This ensures that they last for a very long time. In addition, durable scopes can withstand powerful recoil and impact, even after continuous use.
In today’s buying guide, we have looked at some of the best LPVO scopes that will deliver value for each buck you spend. They feature high-quality glass to provide you with clear images across all magnification levels. In addition, we have shared some of the factors you need to consider before buying LPVO scopes.
We hope that this article provided you with all the information you need to make a satisfactory purchase.