Are you in the market for the best long range scope for 300 Weatherby Mag? Read on, as we will share the important features of the top recommended scopes compatible with the .300 Weatherby Magnum. In addition, we will share the important factors you need to consider when buying a scope in this category.
It is worth mentioning that Roy Weatherby introduced the .300 Weatherby Magnum in 1944. It was based on the 300 H&H case blown out to maximum capacity. This magnum is widely used for long range hunting and can be utilized in both factory and custom rifles.
The .300 Weatherby Magnum is the most popular cartridge of the Weatherby line. It has been utilized in both factory and custom rifles. This is because it has the flattest trajectory and stopping power of any Magnum cartridge.
This cartridge can be used to kill a wide variety of game species and body weights out to ranges well beyond 1100 yards (1km). Most gun enthusiasts recommend this cartridge because it is very powerful and provides reliable performance.
If you want to use the .300 Weatherby Magnum for long range shooting applications, it is important to combine it with the best scope combined with appropriate projectiles for the job at hand.
In addition, you need to find a scope that can handle the uncontrollable recoil. This level of recoil must be tamed to obtain optimum results.
However, there are many scopes available on the market today to compliment hunting with this powerful cartridge. This is why we created this guide to help you narrow down your search.
Best Long Range Scope For 300 Weatherby Mag
The best long range scope for the .300 Weatherby Magnum should come with high quality glass designed for long range shooting applications. In addition, it should be made of high quality materials for strength and rigidity.
The price should not be an obstacle if the scope fits your shooting requirements. Expensive scopes come with premium features to provide you with the best vision.
Let us get right into it.1
Vortex Optics Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27×56 FFP Riflescope – Best Overall
The best long range scope for the 300 Weatherby Magnum is the Vortex Optics Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27×56. It is packed with premium features to provide you with the best vision across all the magnification levels.
This powerful rifle scope utilizes a first focal plane with anti-reflective coatings to reduce deflection and decrease brightness levels. This ensures that you do not miss any target.
The proprietary coating increases light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces. It comes with a mechanism for preventing accidental adjustments, which is very convenient for long range shooting applications.
It uses an APO optical system to increase the image quality. The high density and low dispersion glass provide a stunning picture each time you use it.
This scope is constructed from aircraft grade aluminum and can withstand recoil and impact. The high magnification power makes this scope an excellent choice for target shooting, tactical shooting, or hunting applications.
However, this scope is expensive, but the features included are worth the price.
- It includes a lifetime warranty
- It comes with a mechanism for preventing accidental adjustments
- It comes with a 4-inch sunshade
Leupold VX-6HD 4-24x52mm Riflescope
The Leupold VX-6HD 4-24x52mm is a high quality scope that provides reliable performance even after repeated use. This scope is constructed with high quality materials for strength and rigidity.
The most outstanding feature of this scope is the turrets that offer tactile feedback. The turrets can be calibrated for the 300 Magnum cartridges.
The other outstanding feature of this scope is the In-Scope Electronic Reticle Level. This feature is very easy to use and displays an illuminated dot if the scope is out of level. This makes it a reliable scope to hone your accuracy and precision skills at extended ranges.
This scope is ideal for hunting because it goes from 4X to 24 in an instant. This magnification is enough for long range shooting applications.
This second focal plane scope offers generous eye relief across all the magnification levels. This makes it a great choice for the .300 Weatherby Magnum because of the uncontrollable recoil.
In addition, this scope comes with motion sensor technology that extends the battery life. It also comes with an outstanding warranty.
- It allows you to use your rifle effectively, even in low light conditions
- It is very easy to use
- It has generous eye relief across all magnification levels
NightForce SHV 5-20X56 Rifle Scope
The NightForce SHV 5-20X56 is one of the best long range scopes available in the market today. This scope is made of high quality materials to ensure it lasts for a long time even after repeated use.
This scope comes with premium quality glass to provide you with the best vision. It has a magnification of 5-20x, which is ideal for long range shooting applications. The glass is etched to improve visibility.
The wide objective lens of 56 mm provides a wide field of view to ensure you do not miss any target. It allows enough light to be transmitted through the scope.
The exceptional feature of this scope is the illuminated MOAR reticle. This reticle allows you to hit targets accurately even in low light conditions. This makes it ideal for long range hunting applications that take place at dusk or dawn.
This scope provides reliable performance in different weather conditions. This is because of the waterproof, fog-proof, and shockproof construction.
We recommend buying this scope because it will deliver value for each buck you spend.
- It is made from high quality materials to ensure durability
- This scope comes with an etched reticle for improved visibility
- It offers a wide field of view
Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II 3-15×44 FFP Riflescope
The Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II 3-15×44 FFP is a reliable scope that is ideal for hunting big game or taking out small varmint. This scope is packed with many premium features to ensure you get the best vision across the entire visual spectrum.
The exceptional feature of this scope is the extra-low dispersion glass. It increases resolution and color fidelity, which results in crisp images that are color accurate.
This scope is constructed from high quality materials to ensure that it can withstand heavy recoil and impact. In addition, this ensures that the scope will last for a very long time. This makes it a reliable scope for the .300 Weatherby Magnum.
The lenses include proprietary coatings that increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
It is worth mentioning that the reticle is illuminated to provide precise aiming in low light conditions. This allows you to use your rifle effectively when hunting at dusk and dawn.
This scope comes with a glass-etched reticle that allows for intricate reticle design, protected between two layers of glass for optimum durability and reliability. It also includes a rapid zero return feature that stops the turret from dialing below sight-in range
However, this scope is expensive, but it comes with premium features.
- It includes proprietary coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces
- It is constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and rigidity
- It features a First Focal Plane reticle that allows accurate holdover and ranges at all magnifications
Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44mm Riflescope
If you are using the .300 Weatherby Magnum for hunting small animals like coyotes, the Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44mm is an excellent choice for you. This lightweight scope will not weigh you down when using your rifle, making it an excellent choice for hunting expeditions.
The unique feature of this scope is the Twilight Max Light Management System. This system gives you an additional 20 to 30 minutes of shooting light. This means that you can use your rifle effectively even in low light conditions.
It is worth mentioning that the Twilight Max Light Management System also helps reduce glare. This ensures that you get clear images across all the magnification levels.
The set of precision windage and elevation adjustment turrets included are very easy to use. They offer tactile feedback as you move them, which is very helpful when zooming in on a moving target.
We recommend this scope because it comes with an excellent lifetime warranty. However, the button to turn on the illuminated reticle is not very consistent.
- It comes with a Twilight Max Light Management System
- It comes with an excellent lifetime warranty
- It comes with an illuminated reticle that automatically turns off
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Long Range Scope For the 300 Weatherby Magnum
In today’s buying guide, we have looked at the best scopes available for the 300 Weatherby Magnum. Some enthusiasts might have a hard time selecting a scope because each scope performs differently in the field.
It is important to invest in a scope that will provide value for the money you spend. It should help you improve your accuracy and precision skills.
In this section, we will share the important factors you need to consider when buying a scope for the hard hitting 300 Weatherby Magnum.
Here are the important factors:
- Magnification – For you to hit targets beyond 1000 yards, you need to buy a scope that has high magnification. High magnification scopes allow you to hit targets at varying distances. Most gun enthusiasts prefer variable magnification settings. This is because they provide you with the flexibility you need for long range shooting applications. However, you should buy the one that is appropriate for your intended use of the rifle.
- Warranty – It is important to purchase a scope that comes with an impressive warranty package because long range scopes are expensive. This ensures that your scope is replaced or repaired if it is damaged. Some scopes come with limited warranties while others come with lifetime warranties.
- Durability – It is important to buy a scope constructed from durable materials to ensure its longevity. In addition, durable scopes can withstand powerful recoil and impact, even after continuous use.
- Extended eye relief – We recommend buying a scope that has extended eye relief across all the magnification levels. This helps to avoid eye strain and ensures your eyes are protected from heavy recoil bumps. This is very important because the .300 Weatherby Magnum produces uncontrollable recoil.
- Parallax adjustment – When buying a long range scope, you need one that offers parallax correction. This makes it easy for you to hit moving targets at extended ranges.
- Large Objective Lens – The size of the objective lens affects the amount of light transmitted into the scope. If the scope features a large objective lens, you will get clear images with the best color fidelity.
- Quick focus eyepiece – It is important to buy a scope with a fast focus eyepiece that allows you to acquire moving targets. This is very important if you will use the scope for long range hunting applications.
- Reticle – For long range shooting applications, it is important to buy a scope that is fitted with a high quality reticle that better suits your needs. You need a scope that allows you to easily adjust for better accuracy and precision to eliminate any guesswork in your shooting applications.
In today’s post, we have shared the best long range scopes for the 300 Weatherby Magnum. The main aim of this guide was to help you make a well informed purchase.
By now, we are sure that you are ready to pick the best riflescope for the money. However, if you want to invest in an expensive scope, it is important to first define your shooting requirements. This will make the selection process easy and ensure that you do not make the expensive mistake of buying a scope that is not compatible with your rifle.
We recommend buying scopes from renowned brands like Leupold, Burris, NightForce, and Vortex. This is because they manufacture military standard optics that is suitable for long range shooting applications.
We hope that this guide helped you to find the best long range scope for 300 Weatherby Magnum.