Table of Contents
- 1 What is a Gun Cleaning Rod?
- 1.1 Hoppe’s RC22P Elite Gun Cleaning Rod
- 1.2 Dewey Rods 22C30 Gun Cleaning Rod
- 1.3 Tipton Deluxe Gun Cleaning Rod
- 1.4 Tipton 658539 Max Force
- 1.5 Outers 41642 Cleaning Rod
- 1.6 Allen 30″ Brass Rifle Cleaning Rod
- 1.7 Pro Shot .22-.45Cal Universal Pistol
- 1.8 Raiseek Pistol & Rifle Cleaning Rod
- 1.9 Gunslick Carbon Fiber Cleaning Rod
- 1.10 Shooter’s Choice Looped Pistol Rod
- 1.11 Factors to Consider When Purchasing the Best Cleaning Rods
- 1.12 Conclusion
- 1.13 Please Share this:
Are you looking for the best cleaning rod for A15, Shotgun or any other rifle ? In this post I am going to share with you the best rifle cleaning rod and tips on how to use the best gun cleaning rod to clean and service your rifle. It is important to clean the barrel of your gun as regularly as you use it. It ensures your gun’s barrel maintains the same consistency, prevents damage, and minimizes erosion.
This is why you need a quality cleaning rod that is sturdy and will not cause any damage to your bore. The best gun cleaning rods in the market today are made of a durable material like steel with plastic or a different type of soft coating to prevent damage.
If you use an uncoated steel rod to clean a steel bore, the steel-to-steel contact may cause some damage due to friction.
Some brass and aluminum rods will not provide you with the best cleaning results because they are not rigid enough. Some cleaning kits do not provide you with these types of rods. Therefore, it does not hurt to purchase one separately.
Best Rifle Cleaning Rod Comparison Table
|1 Hoppe’s RC22P Elite Gun Cleaning Rod
|2 Dewey Rods 22C30 Gun Cleaning Rod
|3 Tipton Deluxe Gun Cleaning Rod
|4 Tipton 658539 Max Force
|5 Outers 41642 Cleaning Rod
|6 Allen 30″ Brass Rifle Cleaning Rod
|7 Pro Shot .22-.45Cal Universal Pistol
|8 Raiseek Pistol & Rifle Cleaning Rod
|9 Gunslick Carbon Fiber Cleaning Rod
|10 Shooter’s Choice Looped Pistol Rod
What is a Gun Cleaning Rod?
A gun cleaning rod is a maintenance tool that is long and straight. It is used to clean the barrel of your gun.
It is worth mentioning that there are different cleaning rods for different guns. It depends on the firearm length and gauge of the barrel size.
They are made from different materials such as metal, carbon fiber, or plastic.
In this post, we’ve compiled a list of the best cleaning rods that you may want to consider buying. The cleaning rods in this article are the most reviewed and will provide you with the best cleaning results.
Read on, as we’ll also share some of the factors you may have to consider before purchasing a cleaning rod.
Let’s have a look at our top picks for the best models.
Hoppe’s RC22P Elite Gun Cleaning Rod
The Hoppe’s RC22P Elite Gun Cleaning Rod is at the top of our list because it is made from carbon fiber. Carbon fiber is strong, lightweight, and is resistant to chemicals, heat, and corrosion. This is why this rod is a popular choice among gun enthusiasts.
Hoppe’s is one of the best manufacturers of some of the best gun accessories. This company provides its customers with high-quality products ranging from cleaning solvents, lubricants to cleaning tools.
This product is affordable and delivers value for each buck you spend. It is a one-piece cleaning rod that is very rigid and sturdy.
The road is designed to be durable, so there is less chance of it breaking even if you use it regularly. It includes ball bearings, which provide a smooth rotation action when using it to clean the bore.
- It will not damage the sides of your bore
- It is made from quality material for better cleaning
- It includes an ergonomic handle and premium ball bearings, which make it very easy to use
Dewey Rods 22C30 Gun Cleaning Rod
The Dewey Rods 22C30 is a high quality cleaning rod designed by a family business called J Dewey. This business has been in operation since 1975 and has constantly provided its customers with the best gun cleaning tools and equipment.
They have perfected the art of making top quality cleaning products for guns. These products exceed any user expectations or standards.
The cleaning rod is made from aluminum. It is durable but lightweight at the same time. It includes a nylon coating and an ergonomic handle.
This tool is ideal for AR15 rifles. You can use a bore guide with this rod to prevent flexing when cleaning your gun with a one ball bearing.
- It includes a brass jag and brush adapter
- It includes a nylon coating to protect your bore
- It easy to use as it has a smooth rotation
Tipton Deluxe Gun Cleaning Rod
Tipton has been around for some years and continues to share the top spot with other popular brands. It produces some of the best cleaning tools and gun accessories for many years.
The Tipton Deluxe is a top quality product that will help you to clean your gun. It ensures that your gun is in top condition and maintains the same consistency
It is made from carbon fiber, which is durable and resistant to high temperatures and chemicals. Carbon fiber does not hold onto foreign material.
This rod is not flexible, which is good as it will not touch the sides of your bore. It comes with ball bearings making it very easy and simple to use.
- The rod comes in varying sizes to clean rifles, shotguns, or handguns
- It includes an ergonomic handle that makes the cleaning process easy
- It includes two sets of high quality bearings that smoothly flow even when under pressure
Tipton 658539 Max Force
The Tipton 658539 Max Force is another top quality cleaning rod from Tipton. It has very high ratings and many good reviews from customers.
It is made from carbon fiber, which is strong and sturdy, making this a great product.
The rod is 40 inches in length, allowing you to use this extremely versatile product to clean shotguns, rifles, and pistols.
It comes with an adjustable handle that can move up and down with ease. The clip allows you to secure the handle when you have reached the desired length. This mechanism allows you to clean handguns and rifles.
You should purchase this innovative cleaning tool if you have a large collection of firearms.
- It has a lightweight design, which makes it easy to store and transport
- It is resistant to chemicals, heat, and corrosion
- It includes an ergonomic handle that can be adjusted
Outers 41642 Cleaning Rod
The Outers 41642 is a super affordable cleaning rod that is ideal for beginners. It helps you to clean your gun within a short time.
It is made from steel with is durable. It is 33 inches long and is designed to clean .22 caliber and larger rifles.
The rod is rigid and sturdy, so you will not have any flexing problems. It will not bend or snap when used.
It includes a T-shaped handle that fits comfortably in your palm. The ball bearings provide smooth rotation when cleaning your bore
- It is made from durable steel, which is coated to protect it from rust
- It provides you with the best cleaning results in any temperature condition
- It does not have any annoying loose sections when using it to clean your rifle
Allen 30″ Brass Rifle Cleaning Rod
The Allen 30″ Brass Rifle is a budget friendly cleaning rod created by Allen. This solid cleaning rod breaks down into three pieces. This allows you to easily store it as it takes less of your storage space.
This is a great choice for anyone who owns a rifle. It has a lightweight design, making it very easy to carry to the range.
The rod is rigid and is made from brass. It will not mar your barrel or leave any scratches. It is ideal for rifle, pistol, or shotgun cleaning.
This is the best choice for you if you are looking for a tool to clean your firearm.
- It takes less storage space as it breaks down into three pieces
- It is ideal for any firearm including rifles, pistols, or shotguns
- It is made from soft brass, which will not cause any scratches to your bore
Pro Shot .22-.45Cal Universal Pistol
ProShot has been around since 1984 and they continue to produce high-quality firearm maintenance equipment for any type of gun. It is a family business, which provides its customers with top quality cleaning accessories.
It has a simple sturdy design that is durable. The stainless steel rod is softer than your bore and does not cause any damages.
It includes a brass patch holder that is suitable for .22 to .45cal pistols. It has a T shape handle with a brass tightening screw to control the resistance when cleaning your firearm.
If you are looking for a durable cleaning rod for your caliber pistols, this is the best choice for you.
- It has a strong and sturdy design that will last for long
- You are provided with a brass patch holder suitable for a wide variety of caliber pistols
- It has torque control for rotation depending on your cleaning requirement
Raiseek Pistol & Rifle Cleaning Rod
Raisek has been around for some years and continues to produce flexible and sturdy cleaning accessories for guns.
It is made from carbon fiber. Carbon fiber is strong, lightweight, and is resistant to chemicals, heat, and corrosion.
This durable rod includes an ergonomic handle with two ball bearings for effective cleaning. The handle is adjustable as it is available in three different diameters depending on the type of gun you want to clean.
- It is easy to use, as it includes an ergonomic handle that fits snugly in your arm
- It is made from carbon fiber, which is light and resistant to chemicals
- It includes bearings that rotate smoothly to provide you with the best cleaning results
Gunslick Carbon Fiber Cleaning Rod
The Gunslick is a popular cleaning rod that provides you with the best cleaning results. This cleaning rod includes an ergonomic handle with smooth ball bearings.
This rod is ideal for cleaning several types of firearms. It has the same features as the Tipton rod for cleaning handguns.
The best thing about rods made from carbon fiber is that the coating does not come off even if it is used for a long period.
If you are looking for something better than the Tipton cleaning rod, this is the best choice for you.
- It is made from quality material for better cleaning
- It includes an ergonomic handle that is easy to use
- It has a lightweight design, which makes it easy to store and transport
Shooter’s Choice Looped Pistol Rod
The Shooter’s Choice Looped Pistol cleaning rod is ideal for pistols and revolvers. It fits .25 caliber sizes and above.
This simple tool is made from durable steel that will last for a long time. The tip of this tool is tapped with a #8-32 thread to accommodate most jag and brush calibers.
It includes a slot near the tip to remove any debris that may be stuck inside the barrel. The looped handle fits comfortably on your palm to provide you with the best cleaning results.
It is 8-1/2″ long and can reach the full length of a 7.5″ barrel. However, it won’t quite work with an 8-3/8″ barrel such as a S&W 29 or 28 model.
- It is made from durable steel, which is long lasting
- It takes less storage space and is easy to transport
- It has a strong and sturdy design meaning you don’t have to worry about flex
Factors to Consider When Purchasing the Best Cleaning Rods
If you do not use your cleaning rod well, you may damage the bore of your gun. It is important to note that bores are very sensitive and can be easily damaged.
Here are some of the things you should consider when buying a cleaning rod:
- Single Piece or Screw-together Type – It is important to choose a cleaning rod that is rigid and sturdy. Some cleaning rods break easily even after 2 uses. Single piece rods are recommended as they last longer than screwed rods.
- Material – Cleaning rods are made from different materials including metal, rigid plastic, or carbon fiber. We recommend using aluminum, carbon fiber, brass, and plastic rods, which are less abrasive and are less likely to cause damage. You can also use coated steel to prevent damage to the bore. You should not use the same rod for a long time.
- Size of Caliber – It is important to use a cleaning rod with the recommended thickness to fit your caliber size. Some cleaning rods can be screwed together to clean the bores of different firearms. We recommend purchasing custom rods that perfectly fit your firearm
- Price – Brass and Carbon fiber rods are usually expensive as compared to steel or aluminum rods. However, steel coated rods provide you with the best cleaning result. It is important to focus on quality and not the price. This will ensure that you get the rod that can meet your cleaning requirements.
It is important to have this information before purchasing a cleaning rod.
It is important to use quality materials to clean your gun. By now, we are sure that you’ve selected the best quality rod that fits your cleaning needs. You should purchase a cleaning rod that is designed specifically for your gun. Using the wrong rod can cause damage to your barrel.
If you have more than two guns, we recommend the Tipton Max Force gun cleaning rod. If you are a beginner then try out the Dewey one-piece rod, which has a simple design.