Table of Contents
- 1 5 Best ACOG For 308
- 1.1 Trijicon ACOG 3.5 x 35 Scope Dual Illuminated Crosshair .308 Ballistic Reticle – Best Overall
- 1.2 Trijicon 4×32 ACOG TA01NSN308 Scope with Amber Center Illumination Reticle – Best Value
- 1.3 Trijicon Acog 4 X 32 Scope Dual Illuminated Chevron .223 Ballistic Reticle, Black
- 1.4 Trijicon TA31-D-100290 ACOG 4×32 Dual Illuminated Green Chevron M193 Ballistic with TA51 Mount
- 2 Factors to Consider When Buying the Best ACOG for .308
- 3 Conclusion
Are you in the market for the best ACOG for a .308 caliber? In today’s post, we will review the best ACOG scopes for the .308 caliber. Read on, as we will also share some of the different aspects you need to consider when shopping for the best ACOG scope for the money.
It is important to note that ACOG is the name for an entire line of optics. These scopes vary in size, reticle magnification, and even illumination power.
Advanced Combat Optical Gunsights are fixed power optics. They have a magnification power that ranges from 1.5x to 6x with different options to choose from each with different reticle combinations.
It is worth mentioning that some ACOG scopes are powered via battery. However, most enthusiasts recommend the ones that use a mixture of tritium and fiber optics to illuminate the reticle.
This is because they absorb light and power it during the day. In addition, if light is absent, the tritium gives the reticle a slight glow.
ACOG scopes are night vision compatible. This is why they are ideal for military or combat shooting applications.
However, it can be very difficult to choose the right model for the .308 caliber. This is because there are many options to choose from and each model comes with different features. This makes it hard for some enthusiasts to find a reliable scope that will deliver value for the money you spend.
5 Best ACOG For 308
By the end of this guide, you will be able to choose the best ACOG scope for the .308 caliber. This caliber is ideal for hunting, military, and target shooting applications.
The options we have included in this guide are packed with many premium features to take your shooting game to the next level. We have only included the options that have been recommended by avid enthusiasts.
This means that you will not make any mistake investing in any model we have shared in this buying guide. In addition, they will not let you down when it comes to clarity, precision, or ease of adjustments.
Let us look at the top recommended options.
Trijicon ACOG 3.5 x 35 Scope Dual Illuminated Crosshair .308 Ballistic Reticle – Best Overall
The best ACOG scope for the .308 caliber is the Trijicon ACOG 3.5 x 35 Scope Dual Illuminated Crosshair. This is because it is specifically calibrated for rifles that use the .308 caliber.
This scope will provide you with a sufficient eye relief of about 2.5 inches. It has a 3.5x magnification power, which is enough for close to medium range shooting applications. It allows you to view targets that are up to 1,300 yards or 1,200 meters out.
It has a 35mm objective, which ensures you always have brighter images for quicker target attainment. In addition, the reticle is battery-free illuminated. This means that you will be able to acquire targets even in low lighting conditions without worrying about the battery life.
The rugged construction of this model ensures that it will last for a long time. The housing is built from Forged 7075-T6 aircraft aluminum alloy. This means that it can withstand impact and heavy recoil.
We recommend this model because the ballistic reticle is specifically designed for .308 calibrated rifles.
- It has a 3.5x magnification
- It has an eye relief of 2.5 inches
- The objective lens is 35 mm
Trijicon 4×32 ACOG TA01NSN308 Scope with Amber Center Illumination Reticle – Best Value
The Trijicon 4×32 ACOG TA01NSN308 Scope is another excellent scope for a .308 caliber. It comes with a fixed magnification power of 4x and an objective lens of 32 mm.
The lenses are multi coated to maximize light gathering capabilities. This model will also provide you with a wide field of view with zero distortion when compared with other models.
The other unique feature of this model is that it utilizes the Bindon Aiming Concept. This concept allows you to use the scope with both eyes open. It will also provide you with sufficient eye relief.
It is worth mentioning that the reticle of this model is battery-free illuminated. This is because it features a tritium illuminated reticle. It automatically adjusts in low light conditions and appears black in daylight conditions.
The ranging reticle eliminates any guesswork in your shooting applications. It allows for bullet drop compensation out to 800 meters without making any manual adjustment.
We recommend this model because of its rugged construction.
- It utilizes the Bindon Aiming Concept
- It is built to last for a long time
- It has a fixed magnification of 4x
Trijicon Acog 4 X 32 Scope Dual Illuminated Chevron .223 Ballistic Reticle, Black
The Trijicon Acog 4 X 32 Scope Dual Illuminated Chevron .223 Ballistic Reticle is one of the best ACOG scopes that can be paired with the .308 caliber. This scope made it on the list because no other magnified optic has been used more in combat than this model.
It is important to note that the reticle is illuminated using a tritium/fiber optic. This means that you do not need to use batteries to illuminate the reticle. The tritium/fiber optic ensures that the brightness is automatically regulated based on how much light is available.
The housing is made of 7075-T6 aircraft aluminum, which is durable and ensures it can withstand recoil and impact. This model also utilizes the Bindon Aiming Concept, making it a reliable choice for close quartile battle engagements.
This model also allows bullet drop compensation to eliminate any guesswork in your shooting applications.
We recommend this model because it will provide you with the best image quality.
- It has a fixed magnification of 4x
- It is ideal for close quartile battles
- It will provide you with the best quality
Trijicon TA31-D-100290 ACOG 4×32 Dual Illuminated Green Chevron M193 Ballistic with TA51 Mount
The Trijicon TA31-D-100290 ACOG 4×32 made it on our list because it is specifically designed for combat applications just like the .308 caliber. This model features a rugged 7075-T6 aircraft aluminum alloy housing to ensure it can withstand recoil and impact.
The unique feature of this model is sufficient eye relief. It helps to protect your eye socket from recoil bumps.
In addition, this model utilizes the Bindon Aiming Concept just like most Trijicon models. This concept ensures that you can use it with both eyes open, allowing you to use it for close quartile battle situations.
This model helps to eliminate guesswork by allowing for bullet drop compensation out to 800 meters. It has a magnification of 4x and a 32 mm objective lens.
- It comes with a bullet drop compensating and ranging reticle
- It utilizes the Bindon Aiming concept
- It has a rugged construction
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best ACOG for .308
Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight scopes are produced by Trijicon. These scopes were originally made to be paired with an M16 and M4 rifle. However, there are other options, which can be paired with other guns.
ACOG scopes differ in size, reticle magnification, and illumination power. As you have seen, they have a magnification that ranges from 1.5x to 6x.
For you to choose a reliable option for the money, it is essential to first define your shooting requirements to make the selection process easy.
In this section, we will share some of the important aspects you need to keep in mind when searching for an ACOG scope for .308. The main aim of this section is to help you get a reliable scope that will deliver value for the money you spend.
Here are the important factors:
- Power – It is important to check on the magnification power when buying an ACOG scope. This is because it will determine how far off you can see a target. It is worth mentioning that the number on the scope that comes first in the series refers to its power. Some have fixed power, while some have variable power. However, variable scopes are expensive when compared to fixed ones. If the power is higher, you will be able to see targets that are far. We recommend low powered ACOG scopes for short to medium range shooting applications.
- Objective Lens Size – The other important feature you need to check is the objective lens size. This is because it directly affects the image quality. It is worth mentioning that scopes with a large objective lens are ideal for broad fields because they provide extra light. This means that they are ideal for low light situations. However, it is important to note that bigger lenses are bulkier and this may be a problem if you want to use them for long distance hunting applications.
- Reticle – The reticle is a scope’s crosshairs. They are used to aim the rifle before firing. They should be precise to help you hone your accuracy skills, especially when hunting.
- Minute of Angle – This is an angular analysis that you need to rely on to confirm your alignments are close together.
- Eye Relief Distance – Eye relief is the distance between your eye and the eyepiece when observing a target through the scope. The scope you buy should provide you with sufficient eye relief to protect you from heavy recoil bumps. In addition, it helps to reduce eyestrain.
- Clarity – When it comes to buying any optic, it is important to check on the clarity. You need to invest in an ACOG scope that provides you with clear images that are color accurate. The glass should be magnificent and extremely strong. This will allow you to differentiate between different potential targets easily.
In today’s comprehensive post, we have shared some of the best ACOG scopes for the .308 caliber. They are all compatible with this caliber to provide you with the best shooting experience.
We have also gone a step further to include some of the important factors you need to consider when buying the best ACOG scope. We hope that this section helped you to narrow down your search further.
If you are still not sure which model to buy, we recommend the Trijicon ACOG 3.5 x 35 Scope Dual Illuminated Crosshair .308 Ballistic Reticle. It is specifically calibrated for the .308 caliber and has a rugged construction to ensure it lasts for a long time.
The great thing about buying an ACOG scope is that it comes with a built-in mount. You will get a good quality dead hold mounting solution, to ensure the scope is secure, even if you mount it on a high recoil rifle.
We hope that this post helped you to find a reliable ACOG scope for .308.