Whether you are looking for long range scope for 6.5 Grendel under 500, or the best long range scope for 6.5 Grendel for target shooting, this post will guide you on picking the best long range scope for 6.5 Grendel without wasting your valuable time on research.
The 6.5 Grendel is a low-recoil cartridge that is accurate and is designed with the ability to extend the AR-15’s range to over a thousand yards.
The cartridge extends the range at a great speed to ensure precision and accuracy. The capability of this cartridge to extend the range makes it suitable for long-range shooting and hunting.
The carriage is commonly used with the 6.5 Grendel rifle for precision-shooting competitions and long-distance hunting.
It is important for you to complement it with the best scope for a 6.5 Grendel rifle. Look for a reliable long-range scope that provides you with a combination of quick adjustments and power.
Prior to shopping for the best long-range scope for 6.5 Grendel, you need to first establish its intended use. Figure out what you will be using it for and establish whether you plan to use it for bench rest shooting, night hunting, close-quarter hunting, precision-shooting competitions, or long-range hunting.
When you have identified the actual purpose of the scope and the rifle, it is now time to research and evaluate the different scopes currently in the market.
There are so many long-range scopes available in the market today, making it hard for most people to select the best long-range scope for 6.5 Grendel.
To help you in identifying the ideal scope for your 6.5 Grendel rifle, we have provided you with some useful features to guide you in your search for the best long-range scope for 6.5 Grendel.
Top 10 Best Long Range Scope for 6.5 Grendel
The best long-range scope for 6.5 Grendel should complement your rifle and help improve your shooting or hunting experience.
There are so many rifle scopes in the market that claim to be ideal for your 6.5 Grendel rifle but most of them do not live up to the claim.
We have tested some of the long-range scopes available in the market with the 6.5 Grendel rifle to determine which scopes are more liable and effective.
Here are reviews for the rifle scopes that we found to be more suitable for the Grendel rifle.
Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x50mm Riflescope
Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x50mm Riflescope is a reliable scope that is made with 6061-T6 aircraft thus it is guaranteed to last for a lifetime. This is the overall best long range scope for 6.5 Grendel that will deliver excellent performance.
It features a Twilight Max Light Management System that provides maximum brightness in all colors and intensified contrast across the entire field of view. The scope is lightweight and easy to use.
The riflescope is waterproof shockproof, and fog proof. It has a DiamondCoat 2 – Ion-assist lens coating for adequate light transmission for clear and quality images in all light conditions.
The Leupold scope comes with Dual Spring Precision Adjustments that perform with match grade precision. It has a zero stop and adequate eye relief.
- It is a rugged scope that is capable of withstanding recoil and shock.
- The riflescope is lightweight thus it will not weigh down your rifle.
- It is ideal for long-range shooting or hunting.
- The Leupold scope features Twilight Max Light Management System that ensures maximum light transmission and helps reduce glare as light transmits.
- It is waterproof and fog proof.
- The Dual Spring Precision Adjustments make it easy for you to zero in and adjust the scope’s settings to your liking.
- It provides you with generous eye relief.
- The scope has a zero stop.
- It does not have an illuminated reticle.
- The rifle scope lacks a BDC dial.
- It does not come with mounting rings.
- The scope has no yardage indicators.
Nikon black FX 1000 4-16×50 M Illuminated Reticle FX-MOA
Nikon black FX 1000 4-16×50 M Scope is a great optic for competitive shootings and hunting. It comes with high-speed turrets for fast target acquisition. This is our second pick for the best long range scope for 6.5 Grendel.
The rifle scope provides you with constant eye relief to protect you from recoil. It has a solid and rugged construction that is shockproof and highly durable.
The Nikon scope includes lens caps and sunshades, for easy use when it is sunny. It features a glass etched-ranging reticle located in the first focal plane.
The reticle allows you to estimate range, target size, elevation holdover, and wind drift at designated magnification. It has a side-mounted illumination control that features 10 intensity settings.
The scope’s main body tube is 30mm that has a built-in O-ring seal for waterproof performance. It features an all-new return to zero stop that lets you quickly return to zero.
- It has a shockproof construction that withstands shock and adverse weather conditions.
- The Nikon scope comes with lens caps and sunshades for added protection and to make it easy for you to use the optic when it is sunny.
- It comes with parallax side adjustment.
- The rifle scope features illumination control settings to let you choose the setting that suits your condition.
- It includes high-speed turrets for fast target acquisition.
- The scope features an all-new return to zero stop.
- It is ideal for long-distance shooting.
- The scope’s yardage marks are accurate.
- It is waterproof and fog proof.
- The scope does not come with rings.
- It is a bit costly.
Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 3-18×44 Second Focal Plane Riflescope
The Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 3-18×44 Riflescope is a versatile scope that comes with great features which can help you improve your shooting skills. It features fully multi-coated lenses that produce crisp, bright images. The lens coatings are also anti-reflective to prevent glare. It has a fast-focus eyepiece that provides accurate target acquisition.
The rifle scope comes with a glass-etched, second focal plane reticle that gives detailed hold points and remains visually clean for optimal viewing. It features a 30mm tube construction that is made from quality material for shockproof performance. The scope comes with a magnification indicator. It includes a battery and has excellent eye relief. The riflescope is Nitrogen purged and is O-ring sealed for waterproof performance.
- It features a new illuminated BDC3 reticle that makes it easy for you to see your targets in all light conditions.
- The scope’s lens has anti-reflective coatings on the glass to prevent glare.
- It comes with a fully multicoated lens for maximum light transmission.
- The Vortex scope is waterproof, shockproof, and fog proof.
- It is a rugged scope that has a solid and durable construction.
- The rifle scope comes with a lifetime unconditional warranty.
- It is suitable for long-range shooting.
- The scope has a generous eye relief.
- It provides you with accurate target acquisition.
- It does not include lens covers and cantilever.
- The scope does not have zero stop turrets.
- It lacks mounting rings.
Vortex Optics Viper HS-T 6-24×50 SFP Riflescope
Vortex Optics Viper HS-T 6-24×50 SFP Riflescope is a reliable scope that works well in low light conditions. It features a VMR-1 Reticle (MOA) which is perfect for accurate holds at extended ranges.
The scope comes with fully multi-coated, extra-low dispersion lenses that provide excellent resolution and color fidelity. The lenses have XR coatings for enhanced light gathering capability and the Armortek coating protects the lenses.
The riflescope is ideal for hunting games, in a competition, or for tactical performance. It features a side focus parallax adjustment providing optimal image focus and a 4x zoom for easy magnification.
The scope includes a sunshade to prevent glare when it is sunny. It includes target-style turrets with repeatable finger-adjustable clicks. The riflescope has CRS zero stop and great eye relief.
- The scope features a fully multi-coated lens with XR coatings to enhance light-gathering capabilities.
- It includes a side focus parallax adjustment that provides optimal image focus.
- The riflescope has Armor Tek coatings for lens protection.
- It has CRS zero stop and includes a sunshade.
- The Vortex scope has excellent eye relief.
- It is O-ring sealed and argon purged for fog proof and waterproof performance.
- The scope comes with target-style turrets with repeatable finger-adjustable clicks.
- It is a versatile scope that works well in low light conditions.
- It does not include mounting rings.
- The scope does not have an illuminated reticle.
- Users cannot lock turrets.
Vortex Optics Crossfire II Dead-Hold BDC Reticle Riflescope, 3-9×40
Vortex Optics Crossfire II Dead-Hold BDC Reticle Riflescope is a solid and rugged scope that features anodized aircraft-grade aluminum for durability. The construction comes out as a single piece of solid tube that is rugged and shockproof. It has a matte black finish that helps to camouflage your position.
The rifle scope comes with a fully multi-coated lens which ensures a better and comfortable viewing whether in darkness and light.
The multi-coated nature of the lens allows it to have good flare suppression and can adequately control distortion, color-fringing aberrations, and distracting field curvature.
The Vortex scope comes with a Dead-Hold BDC reticle that is good for hunting/shooting at varying ranges.
It has O-rings that can help ensure that unwanted moisture and dirt will not penetrate the tube. The riflescope is purged with nitrogen gas to prevent internal fogging.
- It features rugged construction that is shockproof.
- The riflescope has a matte finish which will not give away your shooting position.
- It has O-rings for waterproof performance.
- The scope comes with a fully multicoated lens for maximum light transmission.
- It is suitable for shooting or hunting at various ranges.
- The Vortex optic comes with user-friendly controls that result in a better experience and more accurate shooting.
- The scope’s high magnification might cause the eye-box to be a bit unforgiving.
Nikon P-Tactical .308 4-12X40
The Nikon P-TACTICAL Riflescope .308 4-12X40 is a reliable scope that can complement your 6.5 Grendel rifle. It comes with a 40-mm objective lens that ensures maximum light transmission for quality and vivid images in all light conditions. The scope has a powerful magnification range of around 4 to 12x to help you make accurate long-range shots.
The riflescope has a BDC 800 reticle which is capable of providing shooters with distinctive hash marks, dots, and open circles that aim from a hundred to eight hundred yards.
It features fully multi-coated lenses that provide you with clear images no matter your magnification range.
The scope has a versatile 3x zoom ratio that meets and exceeds the majority of shooting demands by providing clear details at the high end of the ratio and a good field of view.
- The riflescope has O-ring sealing, which ensures that moisture does not enter the body of the scope.
- It is nitrogen-purged to prevent internal fogging and to ensure complete reliability from thermal shock.
- The windage and elevation knobs can easily be reset to zero right after each scenario when you sight it in.
- It features rugged and durable construction that is capable of withstanding shock and recoil.
- The scope has a fully multicoated lens that ensures clear and quality images in all light conditions.
- It has a BDC 800 reticle which is ideal for long-range shooting and hunting.
- The windage screw is not reliable.
Bushnell Optics, Drop Zone Reticle Riflescope, 1-4x/24mm
Bushnell Optics, Drop Zone Reticle Riflescope is a reliable scope that is designed to provide you with rapid target acquisition.
It comes with Drop Zone BDC reticle that helps in compensating for the bullet drop for a specific round at certain distances.
The riflescope offers you impressive accuracy when used on mid-range distances even when set at a low magnification setting.
The scope comes with a durable and rugged construction that is capable of withstanding recoil. It has the ability to deliver precision and accuracy at all magnification ranges.
The riflescope has a fully multi-coated lens to ensure maximum light transmission and ensure clarity of vision and amazing brightness even if you are using it in a dismal lighting situation.
- It comes with target turrets specifically built to promote high-precision adjustment and pinpoint precise adjustments that are helpful when used on long-range shooting.
- The scope has a fast-focus eyepiece for rapid and dependable target acquisition.
- It has multicoated lenses to ensure clarity of vision and amazing brightness.
- The riflescope is waterproof, fog-proof, and shockproof.
- It has a solid and rugged construction.
- The scope features Drop Zone BDC reticle which is very reliable for mid to long-range shooting.
- The scope does not come with a scope mount.
Primary Arms 4-16×44 SFP Riflescope
Primary Arms 4-16x44mm Riflescope is designed to help promotes ease in getting a clear view of your aimed target.
The riflescope is capable of switching from long-range to short-range viewing or vice versa. It comes with an illuminated mil-dot reticle that makes use of crosshairs with dots at the center.
The crosshairs promote ease in making visual adjustments on the distance or windage without the need to make adjustments on the actual riflescope.
It features rugged construction and a matte finish that will not give away your shooting position. The scope has 12 reticle adjustments that are easy to use to ensure a nice and clear view regardless of your lighting condition.
It includes a side-mounted parallax knob for adjustment to eliminate parallax from the reticle.
- It is nitrogen-purged for fog-proof, waterproof, and shockproof performance.
- The riflescope has high magnification, allowing you to have a clear view of your target even at a distance.
- It can be used for both short-range and long-range distances.
- The scope allows you to eliminate parallax.
- It comes with multiple brightness settings to let you choose what suits your situation.
- The Primary Arms 4-16x44mm Riflescope has a multicoated optic for maximum light transmission.
- It lets you easily switch from long-range to short-range viewing or vice versa.
- The scope’s reticle is thinner than what some users prefer.
Vortex Optics Crossfire II 6-18×44 AO SFP Riflescope
Vortex Optics Crossfire II 6-18×44 AO SFP Riflescope is among Vortex scopes that can complement your 6.5 Grendel rifle.
It features adjustable objectives (AO) that make it easier for you to fine-tune the scope while reducing parallax error to improve viewing accuracy.
The scope capable of locking the lenses when you are searching for a view.
The rifle scope comes with multicoated lenses that ensure maximum light transmission with the least amount of reflection.
It has a lightweight aluminum construction that is highly durable. The construction features one-inch tube construction to promote ease in mounting it in appropriate mount, rings, and bases. The one-tube construction also strengthens the scope while promoting accuracy.
- The scope comes with Dead-Hold BDC reticle that is good for both hunting and shooting.
- It has a rugged yet lightweight construction.
- The rifle scope has removable lenses that are multicoated for clear and quality images in all light conditions.
- It is easy to mount on its provided mount, rings or bases.
- The scope comes with sunshade to promotes ease in seeing your target even when it is sunny.
- It can be fine-tuned to promote good viewing accuracy by reducing parallax error.
- Using the optical bell for parallax adjustment is challenging.
Leupold Rifleman 4-12x40mm Riflescope
The Leupold Rifleman 4-12×40 Precision Riflescope is a compact and lightweight scope that is suitable for scouting and field hunting.
It features a 40-mm objective lens for a wide field of view and to ensure maximum light transmission.
The rifle scope provides you with generous eye relief and an awesome eye box to prevent annoying full-circle bruises while ensuring a full view of your target.
The scope is a rugged optic that can withstand even the most damaging and extreme conditions. It is fog-proof, shockproof, and waterproof.
It has optic friction-style turrets that promote finer and simpler scope adjustments.
The scope is ideal for 6.5 Grendel since it provides 12x zoom, which is helpful in case you want to shoot at a longer distance.
- The rifle scope features Multi-coat 4 lens system that delivers extreme clarity from edge to edge.
- It is a compact and lightweight optic that is easy to carry.
- The scope is fog-proof, shockproof, and waterproof, making it a great choice for hunters.
- It is easy to mount.
- The riflescope has a large objective lens which ensures maximum light transmission.
- It can be used for long-range shooting and hunting.
- The scope does not include mounting rings.
Factors to Consider when Buying a Long-Range Scope for 6.5 Grendel
We have compiled this shopping guide to help you easily and quickly identify the best long-range scope for 6.5 Grendel. We have provided you with the main factors that you need to take into consideration when you are out shopping for a new scope for your rifle.
The magnification of scope determines how far you can make an accurate shot.
For long-range shooting and hunting, you need a scope that provides you with an ideal magnification range that suits long-range shooting.
You can use a scope with variable magnification – either 2-12x or 3-9x if you intend to use the rifle for plinking or target shooting.
If you intend to use the scope for long-range shooting, get an optic with a magnification range that goes up to 18x or 20x.
For hunting purposes, you need a scope with a fixed medium-range magnification. When hunting small game, a 9x fixed scope will be ideal for your needs. It will provide you with a good view of your target prey but not so close to scaring it away.
An optic’s eye relief is the minimum distance between your dominant eye and the focal lens that can still result in a clear sight picture.
The distance is important in preventing the scope from crashing into your eye after a particularly strong kickback from the rifle.
The 6.5 Grendel is designed to be low recoil, which means a scope with a short eye relief can be used with this rifle.
However, if you still want to be on the safe side, you should choose a long-range scope with an eye relief of at least 4.5 inches.
Reticles come in different designs and patterns to match the needs of different users. When selecting the reticle design of your scope for 6.5 Grendel, put into consideration the purpose you intend to use it for.
When shooting at close quarters, you need a scope that lets you aim quickly, so a red dot reticle is perfect.
For the short and medium-range shooting of up to 200 yards away, the maximum effective range of the 6.5 Grendel ammunition, you can select a scope with a basic Duplex reticle.
The reticle will allow you to center your aim properly and at times make some slight flight corrections.
If you are using the rifle scope in low-light conditions, then you need to choose a scope that has an illuminated reticle. An illuminated reticle will give you good visibility in any lighting condition.
Objective lens size
The scope’s objective lens is one of the most important features to look for when shopping for the best long-range scope for 6.5 Grendel.
The size of the objective lens determines the amount of light that enters the scope. If you want to get clear and quality images of your target, look for a scope with a large objective lens.
However; a large objective lens adds some weight to the scope. If you will be using your firearm on the firing range, then you can get a rifle scope with a 50mm objective lens.
On the other hand, if you will be using the rifle for hunting, the maximum size should be around 30mm.
The lens coating is applied on the objective and focal lenses to make them anti-reflective and prevent glare.
The more layers of the anti-reflective film there is, the better the performance. The lens coating also influences the amount of light entering the scope. Scopes with fully multi-coated lenses tend to provide clear and more vivid images in all light conditions.
Waterproofing and Fog-Proofing
Choosing a rifle scope with waterproof and fog-proof capabilities is important for those who intend to use the scope for hunting purposes. Choose a scope that has decent waterproofing and fog-proofing.
To achieve this, manufacturers ensure that the body of the riflescope is completely airtight then it is filled with an inert gas, usually nitrogen, before sealing the ends.
This helps to prevent internal fogging even with varying temperatures. Waterproofing is achieved from the strong seals that prevent the nitrogen from escaping.
The 6.5 Grendel is one of the most popular ammunition for tactical rifles. It is not only extremely accurate but also has low recoil, which makes it easy to use, even for beginners.
To make the most out of this ammunition, you need to pair it with the best long-range scope for 6.5 Grendel.
The best scope for a 6.5 Grendel rifle can help you effectively increase the range of the Grendel ammo, thus easily hitting targets that is as far as 500 yards.
We have provided you with a guide to help you choose the best 6.5 Grendel scope for long-range and we have also given you reviews of some of the best long-range scopes for 6.5 Grendel.
We hope that the article was useful in guiding you and assisting you to choose the best long-range scope for 6.5 Grendel.
Let us know which of the 10 scopes we have reviewed you bought and what your experience is like.